Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2020, 12:14   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
I own a Hexa XTA and the first thing I noticed after seeing the Safari Edition pictures is the increased gap between the wheels and the body. The wheel arch moulding has changed to a more angular design but still the gap seems to be a lot compared to a 19inch wheel model. .

I think it is because of the suspension articulation. The auto expo one was placed over stones to give it that SUV look. If you see that picture, it is effectively resting on one wheel. All three other wheels touch the ground only because of Hexa's suspension articulation. This suspension articulation ensures that even in uneven surfaces, wheels will have some grip. For typical monocoque SUVs with less suspension articulation( Creta, Seltos etc), those wheels will not be touching the ground. Our 2017 Hexas also has the same levels of articulation. Find the below picture from overdrive's Hexa review in 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-hexavsxuv22.jpg  

Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-hexavsxuv23.jpg  

Last edited by padmrajravi : 11th February 2020 at 12:16.
padmrajravi is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 12:24   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I think it is because of the suspension articulation. The auto expo one was placed over stones to give it that SUV look. If you see that picture, it is effectively resting on one wheel.
I was just thinking on those lines, but if you see the left front wheel which is the only one to climb on the stones the gap in the wheel arch is massive. In the pictures posted by you the gap is next to nil for that wheel. So I was wondering whether the suspension travel increased or has it been stiffened up than the regular Hexa for the Safari Edition.
Attached Images

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th February 2020 at 18:53. Reason: Typos.
Old 11th February 2020, 23:00   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was just thinking on those lines, but if you see the left front wheel which is the only one to climb on the stones the gap in the wheel arch is massive.
It could be because of the smaller wheel size of newer Hexas. 235/65 R17 in new Hexas has a diameter of 737mm and 235/55/R19 had a diameter of 742. So there is actually a difference of 5 mm diameter. If you look at the Hexa in my display picture, you will see the gap is more than the 19-inch tires. Mine is a lower model Hexa with 235/70 R16 which has the same diameter of 737 mm as the current 17-inch tires in Hexa.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-profilepic553931_5-1.jpeg  

Last edited by padmrajravi : 11th February 2020 at 23:17.
padmrajravi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 23:24   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
The plans for the teaser have been shelved and now Tata will showcase a version of the Hexa with some minor cosmetic changes and maybe a stepped roof. This will be a 4×4 variant.
Can you comment on what mechanical changes have been done to the Safari Edition vs the present Hexa? No one can answer this better than you? .
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-hexa-safari-1.png  

Last edited by damodar : 11th February 2020 at 23:30.
damodar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 07:47   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Can you comment on what mechanical changes have been done to the Safari Edition vs the present Hexa? No one can answer this better than you? .
I doubt any serious mechanical changes would be done until a suitable BS6 engine is introduced. The only required change is to have a 4*4 automatic with low range, but that bit is a useless change for a soft-roader with a long wheelbase.
Cosmetically, if Tata ditches the van like sloping front end and give a tough looking high bonnet, more sales may follow.
Old 12th February 2020, 21:18   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks damodar. Just confirmed from my sources that the Safari edition was kept at the expo just to satiate the thirst of all of us Hexa fanboys and in a way to physically confirm that the Hexa will continue October onwards in its BS6 avatar. This does not mean that they will definitely launch this edition come Diwali. So Tata will definitely have a dedicated manual 4×4 version in BS6 avatar but will it be the same as the Safari edition is anybody's guess.

And 4×4 automatic is not happening. Tata has not yet finalized the features and specifications of the variants for the BS6 Hexa and once I get information on the same you will hear it first on tbhp.

The tough task for Tata now is that since they had told all their Hexa suppliers that the car is going to be discontinued, the suppliers had started to wind down their operations. Now suddenly Tata changed their mind and due to this there is going to be a lot of problems from the supplier side and my sources told me that it's going to be a nightmare for Tata to somehow make the BS6 Hexa happen by October this year.

Also my sources told me that the feature deletions that happened last year were all a part of slowly killing the Hexa and replace it with the Gravitas but we all know how that idea has bombed.
ram87pune is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 17:06   #172
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Closing thread as it is more or less confirmed that the BS6 Hexa will be coming. Thanks to Ahad Hamza for sharing this!

Tata Hexa to be discontinued in 2020? EDIT: No, BS6 Hexa confirmed-screenshot_20200320151028_instagram.jpg
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks