Team-BHP - Free car health checkups?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Free car health checkups? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/21100-free-car-health-checkups.html)

I got an SMS last week from Advaith regarding a free health checkup for my Santro. Worth the time?

Nope... nothing is free in this world. Don't know about Hyundai, but Maruti will 'recommend' that you change this and that at their free service camps, and will try to make some money. The cursory checkup will be far less thorough than what your friendly local mechanic will do for you, for free.

Just stick to your regular servicing schedule, and it should be fine. Remember - if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Yes its worth visiting free check. Don't get trapped by their offerrings there. like discounts on accessories etc.. stuffs

They might collect feedback because free check up always targets for checking the cars and talking to customers.

Regards,

Ravi.

Went to a free MUL checkup recently at Kolkata. Did not face a single sales pitch for accessories etc. Actually was of a help in a way since I got batteries changed in the remote since I asked for it.
The checkup is pretty quick and possibly cursory ... car was cleaned .. got 4 pens, a duster and a cap :) and had to be alert so that they didn't put those various stickers on ...

Advaith Hyundai is where I got my Santro in Dec. 2000. They are very pro-active and bug you on the phone if you delay the routine service beyond 6 months. I have found them to be quite good.

The free check-up may be just a stunt to attract more customers. Of course if you have no issues with your car and just got it serviced, there is not much point in getting it checked again. If you do have some issues or have done several thousand kms from the previous service, a free check-up can be beneficial.

No harm, and can help to get it checked. But like RKS said, if your service was recent, or a service is right around the corner, you could skip this. If you suspect something wrong with the car, then you could go for the check.

Had got such a call from Prerana for my Indigo, and went across to get a niggle checked. Turned out to be a damaged part and later got it rectified. Didnt face any sales pitch either.

Dont think too much abt these free camps - utilize them. They'll merely diagnose your car and give you gap analysis. They aint gonna do any work on it unless you authorize. A worthwhile effort I'd say.

The next service is 2 months away and I have some knocking and power issues possibly due to different fuel grades recently.

Thanks guys! I will give it a try and keep you posted.

Although I don't have any experience with any car checkup melas, I had lots & lots of nightmares when I had gone for such melas in the past for my bikes. They would simply give a report of parts that need immediate replacement and try to make some quick bucks. And also there will be some company guys(a.k.a morons) who will be proclaiming themselves as omniscient ones.

If your car is well maintained, I would just recommend you to stay away from such gimmicks.