Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 10:50   #151
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

They have the LIVE Webcast @

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-img_20190821_104832.jpg

Moto$apien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:58   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launched,

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-eceueabxoaa_tua.jpg

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-1.jpg

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-2.jpg

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-4.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st August 2019 at 12:12.
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:03   #153
Senior - BHPian

Petrol only model with 1.5L K15 engine. Probably diesel would be launched only when its BS-VI ready?

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-capture3.jpg

Color variants
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-capture5.jpg

External dimension:
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-capture1.jpg

6 seater with captain seats in middle row:
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-capture2.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-capture.jpg  

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st August 2019 at 12:17.
SoumenD is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:05   #154
Senior - BHPian

Ex showroom prices

Ertiga ZXI AT: 10,05,689
XL6 Zeta AT: 10,89,689
XL6 Alpha AT: 11,46,189

Considering additional goodies such as touch screen/ LED lamps all around, both the Zeta and Alpha seem properly priced. Kudos!
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:11   #155
Team-BHP Support

I'm not getting their logic on skipping the diesel variant - especially when the Ertiga has the new 1.5 diesel engine!

May be trying to safeguard the Ertiga as well, trying to move petrol customers on to XL6, while retaining the traditional diesel customers with the Ertiga. But hopefully not shooting themselves in the foot with this strategy.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st August 2019 at 12:12.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:20   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm not getting their logic on skipping the diesel variant - especially when the Ertiga has the new 1.5 diesel engine!

May be trying to safeguard the Ertiga as well, trying to move petrol customers on to XL6, while retaining the traditional diesel customers with the Ertiga. But hopefully not shooting themselves in the foot with this strategy.
Brand consciousness, they are targeting end users instead of taxi fleets. Thats why its through Nexa.
dadu is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:38   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Brand consciousness, they are targeting end users instead of taxi fleets. Thats why its through Nexa.

Perhaps using the current duration till BSVI rollout (April 2020) as a barometer for checking consumer trends about diesel? This might be a good opportunity with sales anyway not too spectacular.

If they see footfall at NEXA for XL6 which meets their preset targets - the data may give them good analytical points to decide which cars to pick for launch with 1.5 DDiS (if & when the engine actually gets BSVI compliant).

If there isn't much loss of customers - MSIL may actually decide to drop diesel for the long run - which they have said multiple times recently. This is a very remote chance though. Diesels are here to stay () and MSIL will have to do something about it if they want to remain significant.

At the least they should have offered a CNG option for the fuel efficiency conscious. But that would take away the "PREMIUM" feeling, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Considering additional goodies such as touch screen/ LED lamps all around, both the Zeta and Alpha seem properly priced. Kudos!
Doesn't the Ertiga top trim also have smartplay system? LED lights I don't see from the inside anyway. Overall so far in mass segments, LED lights haven't given too much improvement in actual utility on road.

So its mainly the bling and the captain seats in the middle that make the difference. If I was shopping, would I buy this?

I think I'd rather buy the Ertiga 1.5 DDIS in similar pricing and save on running costs.
Or I'd buy the Ertiga petrol ZXi and use the saved 1.5 lakhs for petrol. The standard Ertiga looks fairly smart and isn't bad at all. Quite decent on the contrary.

What you have said is right. For the things installed - the pricing is good indeed. But was it needed at all? Does it make that big a difference to the buyer's preferences? Sales volumes will be interesting to look out for.

Just my thoughts of course. I'm generally off target.

Oh and those wheel arch claddings!
Whenever I see the photos, I see nothing but those ghastly misplaced wheel arch claddings! Just horrendous. They look like those on the Tata 207DI/Yoddha pick up trucks for god's sake!!!

Last edited by Aditya : 26th August 2019 at 08:20. Reason: Typos
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:48   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Oh and those wheel arch claddings!
Whenever I see the photos, I see nothing but those ghastly misplaced wheel arch claddings! Just horrendous.
I do agree with you sir, these cladding's look really bad and it was not at all necessary. Rest car is really good, Maruti has done good job here. But again, these cladding's may keep many people away from the car.
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:03   #159
Senior - BHPian

Pricing seems fair for the additional kit that is on offer. That is assuming ZXI and ZXI+ mapping to Zeta and Alpha respectively.

I am yet to go through all those video review, so guessing the quality remains same as current Ertiga.
Old 21st August 2019, 13:04   #160
BHPian

It is interesting to note that this is exactly why Nexa was created, push the same cars through different dealerships.

AFAIK, Ertiga was never considered a premium MPV but rather a poor man's Innova which is also found in the Taxi segment. Maybe, I am only guessing Maruti saw this as an opportunity to push a similar car with a different name through a perspective premium brand and hope to increase the sales.

If I am getting 25-30% jump in sales only with this effort, it should be worth it. Also not offering diesel or the CNG variant at launch clearly communicates that if you are looking at fuel expenses turn to Ertiga but if you want a premium experience ( family of 6 ) this is ideal for you.

Also, Wheel cladding! Ruins everything.
Mr.Beat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:11   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Pricing seems fair for the additional kit that is on offer. That is assuming ZXI and ZXI+ mapping to Zeta and Alpha respectively.

Zeta matches or surpasses ZXI+ with LED lamps, and Alpha is even ahead.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:11   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Though in Petrol Only, it will eat into the Marazzo's market share, which in turn is dropping due to Ertiga!

Price tracker (ACI)

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-ecei9gzvaaejitu.jpg

XL6 TVC,

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st August 2019 at 13:14.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:22   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Zeta matches or surpasses ZXI+ with LED lamps, and Alpha is even ahead.
Thanks, I meant in terms of positioning. The added kit comes with the additional price, which seems to be fair.

Smart move by Maruti, Existing Ertiga sales should continue (at lower price point) and those opting for ZXI+ might be tempted to look at the XL6.

Another doubt I have is, how many will really opt for the dark interiors. Our forum definitely seem to prefer the dark theme but majority still prefer the lighter beige shades.
My wife and family members strongly felt the beige interiors appear more premium over the dark interiors(Comparing say Octavia vs Elantra)
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:29   #164
BHPian

Good Pricing for people looking for extra seats.

Prices are not yet up on the Web-site, but the brochure is :-

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-xl6.png

Brochure

err.. Brochure is also a WIP i guess or does it actually have embedded videos?
Moto$apien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:46   #165
BANNED

They could have used subtle wheel arch cladding as in SCross and i20 Active as below. The XL6 cladding bulges out too much. But wait, it is their SUV and is called XL6, right?!
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-_accscross3160x1720_0034_sidebodymouldingblack.jpg
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-exterior_car_side.png

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st August 2019 at 14:06.
romeomidhun is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks