Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2019, 23:50   #16
BANNED

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

The middle seat execution is crude. I think they just copy pasted the KUV100 front seat configuration. Why can’t they offer proper captain seats in the middle row, as a customer looking for 6 seat variant would be definitely expecting captain seats.
Old 22nd July 2019, 19:43   #17
BANNED

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/world-exclusi...sed-on-ertiga/

The new "SUV" is called XL6.

(IMO, they should have named it with some proper name. Anybody remember the Grand Vitara XL7? )

"The Maruti Suzuki XL6 spied in the blue colour akin to other models sold in Nexa showrooms such as Baleno, S-Cross, Ignis and Ciaz. In the pictures, you could see a light-coloured wrap on the Nexa Blue paint scheme and it could hide a black finished roof. The side profile has muscular black body cladding and the 15-inch alloy wheels have the same design as in the existing model apart from the black finish.

As in the standard Ertiga, the B- and C-pillars are done up in black colour while the base of the roof rails, side skirts and wing mirrors with integrated turn signals are also applied with the same theme bringing a unique appeal to the MPV. The underbody protecting faux aluminium skid plates up front, side and rear enhance the bolder stance of the XL6 as well."
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-marutisuzukixl6ertiga1021x574.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-marutisuzukixl6ertigacross1021x574.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 22nd July 2019 at 20:07.
romeomidhun is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 20:50   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The new "SUV" is called XL6.
So Maruti is doing a BRV here. All I could see an Ertiga in the rear. Basically no surprises to expect, the same light build, same power window switches, same interior parts and will become the best seller in the segment.
pavi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 01:17   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
So Maruti is doing a BRV here. All I could see an Ertiga in the rear. Basically no surprises to expect, the same light build, same power window switches, same interior parts and will become the best seller in the segment.
Answer lies in a comment by your own in another thread:

Quote:
...if you see a market where a specific name plate can make an impact, why you should not use it.

Most people are considering resale while buying cars. Then why should a company who have invested enough to buy a brand not use the same to market their cars.
It is all about marketing and profit. If someone thinks that a 'British' MG can sell more than Chinese BYD, or if a 'BR-V SUV' has better acceptability than a Mobilio mpv, or an 'XL6 SUV' has some space in the market even when the regular Ertiga is there, then there is no problem in taking that chance. We the customers are responsible to ourselves. Falling to the so-called 'tricks' and 'traps' is the customers' 'choice'.
romeomidhun is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 07:19   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Motor Corporation uses the patent earlier filed - XL6 ( NEXA- MPV)

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-marutiertigaxl6launchprice.jpg

Quote:
Interiors follow an all black colour scheme and in a 6 seater layout. It gets separate captain chairs for the second row. It will sport new seat upholstery and XL6 branding. Infotainment via a Smart Play System will be same as existing Ertiga
Quote:
It gets captain seats in the second row, while third row will be similar to current Ertiga.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd July 2019 at 07:29.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:33   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Answer lies in a comment by your own in another thread:
I read my previous comment again and again. But I am unable to find a question in that, instead all I could see are statements. I am not against this becoming a best seller, that’s the usual destiny of a Maruti product in India. As you said, the onus of buying any product lies with the customer. But if I reads Maruti as cheap build quality, most other people read Maruti as low maintenance cost, better resale, reliability etc. So in a way, we cannot say that someone is wrong here.

The basic culture and sentiments of our market was developed by Maruti over the years, they know what will sell and what not will, better than any manufacturers. I have heard a lot of this ‘Maruti cars are the only ones suited for our Indian roads and conditions’, and this saying is here to stay no matter what.

Last edited by pavi : 23rd July 2019 at 09:34.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:16   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's XL6, front design in view - offered only with the 1.5-litre SHVS petrol engine.

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-marutixl6crossovergaadiwaadi1068x601.jpg

Quote:
The sharper headlamp assembly has integrated LED Daytime Running Lights and turn signals. The twin slat horizontal element has the Suzuki badge grafted on to it as well.

The bumper portion is revised to accommodate silver skid plates and new rectangular housing for the circular fog lamps. The aggressive black cladding on the wheel arches continues on to the side and rear catapulting the overall muscular stance with blackened alloy wheels and black pillars.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd July 2019 at 10:18.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

While I do not admire MSIL for its build quality; but one has to admit that the company focuses on what market needs and acts immediately.

This is nothing but a mini Innova with second row captain seats with an upmarket feel in terms of interior finish as well as through NEXA sales !

I have not seen any other player being so agile to the demand of customers.
i74js is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 11:57   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The middle seat execution is crude. I think they just copy pasted the KUV100 front seat configuration. Why can’t they offer proper captain seats in the middle row, as a customer looking for 6 seat variant would be definitely expecting captain seats.
I would suggest you to wait till you see the final product. It is obviously evident that the concept was just a concept and the wierd face did not make it to the Indian XL6. Similarly, if you closely observe, the middle row seats in the concept has headrests that is short and extend downwards into the seatback. Whereas in the scoop pictures, you can notice full sized headrests which are identical to the front. Hence, it is definitely not the same seats used since the seat back will have to go along with the headrest. I believe the middle row seats are going to be similar to the front ones, which are great. The middle seat shown in the concept is short, which is not so in the scoop picture.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 11:59   #25
BANNED

Quote:
But if I reads Maruti as cheap build quality, most other people read Maruti as low maintenance cost, better resale, reliability etc.
You are prioritising quality, and then supporting the real cheapness showcased by some Chinese! I still can't forget that scratched plastics inside that Hector. Really hope that is not the real case and somebody played spoilsport for "MG".

Quote:
The basic culture and sentiments of our market was developed by Maruti over the years, they know what will sell and what not will, better than any manufacturers.
Over the years, Maruti knows what will sell (almost) and what not, and provide what they want. They are not forcing anyone to go with their products. All are free to buy from their "quality" opponents. If the opponents have failed to cater to what the customers want, is it Maruti's mistake?

And is India such a matured market when other consumer goods are considered (where Maruti had no role to play)? The popularity of Chinese mobile brands in the recent past suggest otherwise.

Maruti will definitely face the heat of the competition if they are not keeping up with the pace of the market. Opponents have already faced it in the past and all those who learnt from it have come back strongly. Maruti themselves have their share of failures in the past like Estilo, Baleno sedan etc.

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2019 at 09:44. Reason: No need to get personal or rude. Be polite, civil & respectful, even in debate
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:07   #26
BHPian

When one purchases it, first thing to do is get bigger wheels. So annoying that it is so rare to see a well wheeled car straight from the manufacturer.
slango97 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's XL6, front design in view - offered only with the 1.5-litre SHVS petrol engine.
Once the BS6 norms set in, I believe Maruti will be affected the most as they do not have diesels in their lineup. MPVs, SUVs and Sedans will need diesel engines as I don't see any hybrids being launched in a cost effective way. All the other manufacturers have diesel engines ready in BS6 spec. Cabs and people who travel atleast 10k kms annually will move away from Maruti now.
Perhaps they were too lazy and did not expect other manufacturers to come up with BS6 diesels. But they are the market leaders in all the segments they have presence and hence must have a plan.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:20   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 1897659

Link

Congratulations to maruti for pasting the new wagonR grill on the so called premium MPV.

The rear looks quite good. But the front look is such a disappointment. It can perhaps be described as cute looking. But i suspect customers are looking for aggressive sporty sexy boxy suv looks like that of the kia seltos.
PYSO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 14:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki is not trying to please any enthusiasts here and this is purely a profit centric move. This is targetted for a market gap which actually exists. Something which Marazzo just could not exploit to the full potential.

They are not expecting any hard core SUV lover to buy this and all literature suggests it as a premium MPV. Anyway, I can see it has roof rails .That is enough SUVness to compete with any monocoque SUV under 20 lakhs out there.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 23rd July 2019 at 15:02.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 15:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

It is really plausible that Suzuki has put in much more effort to distinguish the premium Nexa variant from the Arena models, than Toyota from Suzuki

The XL6 certainly looks much more upmarket when compared to the Ertiga and for private buyers to whom the Innova feels a size too big and unnecessary, this would be a really good alternative.
aravind.anand is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks