Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2019, 16:22   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjish View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. Car looks very nice. Great choice of upgrades and accessories too.

How much the new tyres and alloy cost? I also have booked a new XL6 and looking for a similar upgrade for tyres.
Hi Ranjish, Thanks! As for the tyres and rims, the difference to upgrade to Michelin Primacy-4 and the Momo rims was 4500 and 5500 bucks a piece. Total cost involved was 40k, but really worth it...

Congratulations on the booking and wishing you a speedy delivery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey congratulations on the FIRST XL6 owned...
Thanks a ton! Glad that you found the upgrades/mods tasteful.

Seriously I wonder when will Maruti stop to cut cost by giving smaller tires and missing out on middle row sun shades! Some of their cars like ignis, swift, dzire and alto as well have always looked "under-tyred" and with facelifts and newer generation models too, this irritating thing doesn't get fixed! That said, even though, if they would increase the section, I would still shed the OEM tyres and upgrade to silica based Michelins or Contis

As for the AC vents in the middle row, they do have a cooling coil and are not just blowers. I did confirm that with Maruti and it has been that way since the first gen Ertiga :-)

Cheers...

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th September 2019 at 17:18. Reason: Please use a maximum of 2 smileys per post as per the rules. Thanks!
rohin4110 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 16:52   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohin4110 View Post
… asking for too much from Maruti it is good enough to deflect some splinters that may hit the underbody, however, nothing really sturdy to safeguard in situations which would need one!
That's a surprise, as the stock Ertiga does not have even a plastic cover for the oil pan.

Could you please kindly upload a snap of underbody/engine guard, if possible?
Old 5th September 2019, 17:08   #363
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:

As for the AC vents in the middle row, they do have a cooling coil and are not just blowers. I did confirm that with Maruti and it has been that way since the first gen Ertiga

Cheers...
No, the vents are open on both sides - towards the back seats as well as towards the front windshield. Proof enough that they are just a blower housing. I confirmed the same with the Nexa sales rep. who (rather reluctantly) agreed.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 19:07   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjish View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. Car looks very nice. Great choice of upgrades and accessories too.

How much the new tyres and alloy cost? I also have booked a new XL6 and looking for a similar upgrade for tyres.
Actually to add to this question, will any of the other Maruti OEM alloys, 16incher fit XL6, some of them do look good like from baleno etc..
Old 5th September 2019, 19:13   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Actually to add to this question, will any of the other Maruti OEM alloys, 16incher fit XL6, some of them do look good like from baleno etc..
Apart from the Diameter and Width (5.5J stock Vs 6.5J), you will also have to check for the number of holes and PCD too.

Ertiga wheels come with 5 holes and 114.3 PCD.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 20:39   #366
BHPian

Happy Motoring mate. Have been a fan of XL6 from its launch. It's a Great VFM from MSIL.
Looks like Tyre upgrade is mandatory for all Indian cars nowadays.
ash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 23:10   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Background to switch:

I owned a Baleno Alpha AT and it is a great car to have!
Many congratulations on your purchase rohin.
Though you have detailed about the purchase decision and further details, I still am looking forward to your detailed ownership report

Wishing you many happy and safe miles.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 01:13   #368

Congratulations on your HISTORICAL purchase mate.

Later MSIL can ask this question in its recruitment interviews..

I do understand your situation when practicality and rationality supercedes the petrolhead in you.

Just wanted to know if Maruti dealer raised any objection with respect to warranty when you replaced OEM alloys and fitted Cabin lights.

I faced this issue when I replaced my Dzire's 14" OEM rims with 15" alloys 6 years ago. The sales rep tried to convince me to not go for upgrade citing some wierd logic. But he was speechless when I told him that MSIL itself is offering 15" alloys in top variant. But same is not the case here.

120 kmph is a respectable speed to keep you agile and alive while driving.

Wish you happy and safe miles ahead.
Old 6th September 2019, 06:43   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
No, the vents are open on both sides - towards the back seats as well as towards the front windshield. Proof enough that they are just a blower housing. I confirmed the same with the Nexa sales rep. who (rather reluctantly) agreed.
Please get your facts right. It is an AC unit made by Denso and used in some Toyota vehicles as well. All this is well documented and in public domain since earlier Ertiga days. The Nexa sales Rep are wrong in this case and not for the first time.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 07:06   #370
BHPian

Quote:

… and the choice was Michelin Primacy-4 (205/55/16) mounted on Momo REDS Series drone shaped alloys. I did not like the black multi-spoke wheels that came as the OEM on the car, so decided to change to something more funky and easy to maintain and clean! Thanks to Atul at B.K. tyres to have pushed me for this design, while I had my doubts, they eventually turned out to be quite cool on the car…
Attachment 1912652

The firm footed and planted look on the new broad section Michelin tyres. The bolder stance with the upsized tyres, which give the XL6 a better ride quality, keep the understeer in check at high speeds and a firm footed feel while engaging in speeds in excess of 90 kmph…
Attachment 1912653
Those wheels completely transform the way your vehicle looks. Absolutely drool worthy stuff. Will they not pose a risk of attracting fines owing to the restrictive RTO rules on modifications though?

Here's wishing you many happy and safe miles on the XL6! Looking forward to a proper ownership report
Old 6th September 2019, 12:21   #371
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
At approximately 1515 hrs, when the invoice was generated, just within just over an hour of the launch, it is safe to assume that mine was the first XL6 sold in all of India, as confirmed unofficially by Maruti too.
Congrats!

XL6 is indeed a lot of car for the asking price! It sure does undercut most C segment sedans and sub-4m UVs in the petrol manual guise. And while the 4-speed automatic is good for regular driving - it is high time that Maruti really started offering a 6 speed automatic gearbox in the Indian market.

Quote:
It is a cooling unit, much like the Ertiga. Also - roof mount is the worst position to install just a blower! Would have been a major blunder if Maruti had done that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
That's a surprise, as the stock Ertiga does not have even a plastic cover for the oil pan.
No surprises. There is no engine sump guard.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 12:46   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It is a cooling unit, much like the Ertiga. Also - roof mount is the worst position to install just a blower! Would have been a major blunder if Maruti had done that!
The Ertiga and XL6 both have a proper cooling coil inside the roof mounted assembly. This has been the arrangement since First Gen Ertiga and its no different here.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Pic of XL6's arrangement:

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-1.png

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th September 2019 at 12:53.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 14:57   #373
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians. I have some query, appreciate your response, as here Rohin has upgraded tyres:

While upgrading from stock tyres 185/65 R15(sidewall: 185*0.65=120mm) to 205/55 R16(sidewall 112 mm), total tyre profile is getting lower by 16mm(8*2) but due to radius increase, wheel is now 2 inches bigger(50.8mm), so overall gain of 35mm.

- Will this lead to error in speedometer and related units like odometer etc. 1 wheel spin now means extra 35*pi = 109 mm per wheel spin but speedometer is tuned to original circumference. Original 3150mm (2*pi*(15*2.54*10 + 120)) per wheel spin vs now 3260, a 3% change. So while your speedometer thought it is going at 100, you will actually be at 103. odometer shows you traveled 10km, but actually you traveled 10.3 km.

- Will this result in increased ground clearance of car by 35mm as whole vehicle is now lifted up.

- Will this artificially increased ground clearance may cause extra body roll and in case of some mis-happening/toppling, can insurance company reject claim?

Last edited by SahilS : 6th September 2019 at 15:22.
Old 6th September 2019, 16:11   #374
BANNED

What about the speed alarm at 120kph?
Old 6th September 2019, 16:41   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Now for the BIG one… At approximately 1515 hrs, when the invoice was generated, just within just over an hour of the launch, it is safe to assume that mine was the first XL6 sold in all of India, as confirmed unofficially by Maruti too.
Congrats Rohin. Wishing you many happy and joyous miles with the XL6. I have just booked the Magma Grey Zeta variant and eagerly waiting for the dispatch dates.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th September 2019 at 16:52. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks