Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2019, 09:39   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post

I'd have got it immediately if it had a better AT and 6 airbags. More worrying is the 4 speed TC AT than the 6 airbags. Should I still go ahead with it. Have been using different types of automatics since 2010 (5 speed TC in Honda City 2010, CVT in Micra 2013 and AMT in Duster 2016). Thanks in advance.
Well the AT is torquee due the limited gear ratios and pickup is good, 4th is an overdrive which can be quickly disabled for a swift overtake and enabled again.

Its being doing its job for many years with maruti and seems like a reliable AT, instills confidence.
dadu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 10:01   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The last one looks really good. Any idea if those are 15 inchers or 16?

They are 16 inchers, the tyre profile also looks decent enough. The only downside is that the tyres will kill the wheel arches. The cladding gives impression of a huge wheel space but actually the metal area is same as that of the Ertiga. To be sitting flush with the cladding, the tyre is actually protruding out of the original metal by the same amount as the thickness of the cladding.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 10:02   #423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
More worrying is the 4 speed TC AT than the 6 airbags. Should I still go ahead with it. Have been using different types of automatics since 2010 (5 speed TC in Honda City 2010, CVT in Micra 2013 and AMT in Duster 2016). Thanks in advance.
The AT box is a very smooth shifting unit - but you just can't overcome the fact that it is only a four speed unit where the 4th ratio is an overdrive.

Even at speeds above 100kmph, the gearbox tends to downshift to 3rd very annoyingly during overtaking manoeuvres. Purchase should depend mainly on your driving style - a sedate driver should not have much issues (especially considering the smooth highways in AP), but if you are aggressive on the overtakes- will be easily frustrated in the long run.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 10:19   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
..Even at speeds above 100kmph, the gearbox tends to downshift to 3rd very annoyingly during overtaking manoeuvres. Purchase should depend mainly on your driving style - a sedate driver should not have much issues (especially considering the smooth highways in AP), but if you are aggressive on the overtakes- will be easily frustrated in the long run.
I'm not an aggressive driver, as such. Aged 45(though age is not a factor here),my driving speeds hover around 80 to 100 kmph most of the times and touch 110 once or twice. There are very rare scenarios when I went over 110 till 120. That's the max I touched. Most of the times, the speed hovers between 80 to 100 kmph. Most of my highway runs are from Vijayawada (AP) towards Chennai, Hyderabad and Vizag. Once in a year may go on a 1500 to 2000kms long trip.

I'm basically looking for comfort , ease of use and maintenance and mostly the price at which it comes. My other choice is Seltos GTX+ DCT which costs 6 lakhs more and with 1 less seating option than XL6 but with additional safety measures. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 27th September 2019 at 10:30.
vvrchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 10:34   #425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My driving speeds hover around 80 to 100 kmph most of the times and touch 110 once or twice.
100kmph comes up around 2300rpm if I remember correctly. The motor feels very relaxed between 80 to 90kmph and slightly audible from 90 to 100kmph (though still fairly relaxed) for cruising. Comfort is not a major concern as the shifts happen smoothly when driven sedately and the passengers are very unlikely to notice the same.

Like someone suggested - better to try out Ciaz AT (with the same engine-transmission combination) if the XL6 AT is not available for test drives in your region.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 19:22   #426
BHPian

Replaced my 2007 July SX4-Zxi with XL6 Alpha Petrol MT. Lot more refined compared to SX4. Just loving the ride comfort. Fully satisfied with the purchase when considering the price v/s features, seating capacity and service network.

It would have been nice, if this had the following:

1. 16 inch wheels
2. Navigation built in the infotainment system (rather than through an app)
3. Engine guard beneath the engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-car2.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-car1.jpg  

psvinay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 19:43   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvinay View Post
Replaced my 2007 July SX4-Zxi with XL6 Alpha Petrol MT. Lot more refined compared to SX4. Just loving the ride comfort.
Congratulations on your new car

Can you please elaborate on what you find better compared to the SX4? Would refinement mean less engine/road noise, less vibrations, smoother pickup?

How would you compare the XL6 to SX4 in terms of suspension, braking, steering and cornering at slow/medium speeds?

Also stop-go city traffic, does the hybrid engine provide enough low end torque compared to the SX4?

Last question for now, how good are the led headlights in terms how far ahead you can see at night?

Once again congratulations and drive safe

Note from Support: Typos fixed.
Old 8th October 2019, 21:36   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marutifan View Post
Can you please elaborate on what you find better compared to the SX4?
SX4 was a really good vehicle for me. Never gave me any issues. But 12 years has passed and I am sure, technology and refinement levels have reached new heights. Compared to SX4, XL6 definitely has less vibrations, smoother pickup and soft suspension. Ride comfort is lot better for passengers. Steering is lot lighter than of SX4. Gear shifts are also smoother now. Breaking felt more or less same.

Though SX4 has a 1.6l engine, it felt less powerful than XL6. (SX4 also was petrol). I haven't driven XL6 to comment about the hybrid part of it. Frankly I am not able to check the console while driving. Console changes the color according to the hybrid usage.

Headlights are a lot lot better. Each headlight has four compartments. So, I assume the reflecting surface is lot more. This causes a very good, bright light.

Hope this helps.
psvinay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 23:32   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvinay View Post

Though SX4 has a 1.6l engine, it felt less powerful than XL6. (SX4 also was petrol). I haven't driven XL6 to comment about the hybrid part of it. Frankly I am not able to check the console while driving. Console changes the color according to the hybrid usage.

Headlights are a lot lot better. Each headlight has four compartments. So, I assume the reflecting surface is lot more. This causes a very good, bright light.

Hope this helps.
Just the feedback I was looking for

Good to know it feels more powerful than the 1.6l petrol.

Regarding the steering, the difference may be due to tyre size. Nevertheless, the sx4 handles like a dream. And if you find the XL6 better, that would be a huge positive for the XL6.

Mod Note: Our Maruti XL6 Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 10th October 2019 at 11:07. Reason: Adding link to review
marutifan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks