Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 14:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Will this have the 1.5L diesel? Without this it will be difficult to get the numbers going. Almost NIL chance of Diesel auto, but the 1.5 Diesel would be a good selling point.
Old 24th July 2019, 15:29   #47
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

The exteriors look far better than the current Ertiga. Once this reaches Nexa, will the current Ertiga get discontinued? Or this will be the XL6 and Ertiga will continue as Ertiga?
Old 24th July 2019, 15:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
Once this reaches Nexa, will the current Ertiga get discontinued? Or this will be the XL6 and Ertiga will continue as Ertiga?
The Ertiga will be continued to be sold through the Arena outlets, whereas this crossover will be sold as XL6 through the Nexa showrooms at a premium over the Ertiga.
Old 24th July 2019, 17:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

So black interior is confirmed! I think Maruti might put the front seats of the Swift or Ignis on the second row with some modifications, going by the headrest design visible in the picture.

Seems Gaadiwaadi.com has a bunch of pics and is dripfeeding some daily.

Pretty sure the bosses Maruti Suzuki would not be happy at all.
Old 24th July 2019, 17:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

So, I just called up my local Maruti dealer Sales Advisor to ask if they have any news about the XL6, he told me that their Service guys have already received the training for the new model.

But, as per him, the XL6 is to Ertiga what CelerioX is to Celerio. Just a small kind of facelift with different headlight, different interior colors, cladding all around and no change in ground clearance and the special Nexa Paint Scheme.

He said that they have not heard about it being a 6 Seater with Captain Seats in the middle row, and it has similar seats as the current Ertiga. So, maybe the Ertiga 6 Seat Concept is a preview of how the middle row seats will be like.

He said, consider it as a Special Facelift for the festive season, and not an all new vehicle.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 17:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
So, I just called up my local Maruti dealer Sales Advisor to ask if they have any news about the XL6, he told me that their Service guys have already received the training for the new model.

But, as per him, the XL6 is to Ertiga what CelerioX is to Celerio. Just a small kind of facelift with different headlight, different interior colors, cladding all around and no change in ground clearance and the special Nexa Paint Scheme.
Some Quick questions if you can ask your dealer.
1) If it really is a face-lift, do they need service training in such simple scenario? Cannot believe that MSIL spent money to train people when CelerioX was launched
2) What happens to that Nexa Badge that we saw in the leaked pics? That definitely was not Photoshop. So is MSIL fooling these paparazzi or is your dealer saying something he has no clue on?
3) Even if it is for some face-lift for festival time, isn't it too too early for a special edition for the new Ertiga? Also special editions,especially from MSIL never have such big changes. It's almost always a sticker job.
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 18:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Some Quick questions if you can ask your dealer.
1) If it really is a face-lift, do they need service training in such simple scenario? Cannot believe that MSIL spent money to train people when CelerioX was launched
2) What happens to that Nexa Badge that we saw in the leaked pics? That definitely was not Photoshop. So is MSIL fooling these paparazzi or is your dealer saying something he has no clue on?
3) Even if it is for some face-lift for festival time, isn't it too too early for a special edition for the new Ertiga? Also special editions,especially from MSIL never have such big changes. It's almost always a sticker job.
My guess answers to your questions are as follows:-

1. Maybe this vehicle will be launched with BS6 version of the 1.5L Petrol engine of the regular Ertiga, and also due to the different headlamp design and extra body cladding around, maybe the service personnel needed to undergo some refresher course kind of training.

2. He has confirmed that it will be launched as a Nexa vehicle, and so the Nexa blue color as I confirmed in my previous post.

3. Special Edition as in just another variant of the same car to keep the sales going despite the increasing competition from Marazzo, Triber etc. I presume.

I too hope that it is more than just a special edition kind of vehicle, and hope that they increase the Ground Clearance to at least 200-210mm like in the B-RV along with that Body Cladding and they give options of both 6 seater and 7 seater options like in the Lodgy and Marazzo in the XL6.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 08:31   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti XL6 Interior With AT Gearbox, Captain Seats And Leather Upholstery Spied,

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-marutixl6interiore1563995528711.jpg

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-marutixl6atgearboxe1563995502899.jpg

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-marutixl6captainseatse1563995480186.jpg

Source:Gaadiwaadi

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th July 2019 at 08:34.
volkman10 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 08:55   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti XL6 Interior With AT Gearbox, Captain Seats And Leather Upholstery Spied,
So that can give some rest to all those speculations regarding the very presence of Captain seats and it's design flaws.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 10:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

That looks like a proper AT and not the ghastly AMT. Kudos if that's the case. the topend AT at 13ish OTR for the petrol will be a very compelling buy
Old 25th July 2019, 10:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Yes it will be a 4 speed torque convertor mostly just like the Ciaz AT.
Old 25th July 2019, 11:39   #57
BANNED

My assumption is that this car will replace the S-Cross in the Nexa showroom. Reasons?

1. S-Cross is a slow-seller compared to other Maruti volumes even after the facelift (discounting the initial pull).
2. The 1.3 DDiS can't be made BS-6 compliant
3. There is no spy pic of a 1.5 DDiS S-Cross
4. No updates about a Petrol S-Cross
5. Rumors are "on" about a bigger Grand Vitara
6. Maruti plays with multiple models only in the hatchback segment. Going higher up, they have only one model in all the segments - be it DZire, Ciaz, Brezza, Ertiga or S-Cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
A cash rich company like maruti doesn't have a 7-speed or 9-speed AT gearbox or an inhouse 2.0 petrol or diesel engine is quite a letdown in this day & age. They are still using 80s AT tech and incompatible engines in all their C segment cars.
With the Toyota alliance, they will spend even less for research and development of engines and transmissions, IMO. They may spend more on developing new models using Toyota platforms and technology, mainly electric and hybrid.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 25th July 2019 at 12:00.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 11:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

A cash rich company like maruti doesn't have a 7-speed or 9-speed AT gearbox or an inhouse 2.0 petrol or diesel engine is quite a letdown in this day & age. They are still using 80s AT tech and incompatible engines in all their C segment cars.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 12:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
1.5L engine is the standard for all C segment cars. Some are employing 1.2L turbo. 1.5 diesel again is the segment standard here. They have a 6 speed manual for their new diesel.

Agreed they are lacking on the AT side for some reason. Otherwise their engines are par for the course.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 12:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

May be i am nitpicking here, but Rear Captain seats also need arm rests isn't it ? Since Maruti does not offer Seat mounted arm rest, i am wondering if they have provision for the same in rear seat. Reason why i am curious here is that the Ertiga does not have a wide body like Innova or say Marazzo.

Also I would have loved to have a Cruise control option on this which will be a capable family highway cruiser.
I wonder why those who take these scoop shots always leave a bit of mystery
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks