Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2019, 18:27   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Apart from the Diameter and Width (5.5J stock Vs 6.5J), you will also have to check for the number of holes and PCD too.

Ertiga wheels come with 5 holes and 114.3 PCD.
Alloys from S-Cross fit this bill and will be a good fitment, R16
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 12:08   #377
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
Hello fellow BHPians. I have some query, appreciate your response, as here Rohin has upgraded tyres:

While upgrading from stock tyres 185/65 R15(sidewall: 185*0.65=120mm) to 205/55 R16(sidewall 112 mm), total tyre profile is getting lower by 16mm(8*2) but due to radius increase, wheel is now 2 inches bigger(50.8mm), so overall gain of 35mm.
I made a foolish error here. R15 means Rim's diameter, I assumed it to be Rim's radius and based my calculations on that. So actual % difference in tyre diameter is 1.7% and net ground clearance increase is 10.4mm.
So, 1.7%error in speedometer/odometer/F.E calculation and 10mm more ground clearance by these tyres.

@mods, you may please delete the original post.
SahilS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 13:09   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's XL6 has a decent start in sales/dispatch figures. Shows a figure of 2356 in the August sales chart.

Source:Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 19:25   #379
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car in traffic today, I must say, cars like this might be the only way for our people to accept the Station Wagon body style!

Brown one had lot of Volvo V90 CC vibes to it, in a good way of course

Would love to get one if my wallet allows. As with all new cars, this must be crash test compliant ?

Last edited by giri1.8 : 7th September 2019 at 19:28.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:32   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankush5848 View Post
Congratulations on your HISTORICAL purchase mate.

Later MSIL can ask this question in its recruitment interviews..

I do understand your situation when practicality and rationality supercedes the petrolhead in you.

Just wanted to know if Maruti dealer raised any objection with respect to warranty when you replaced OEM alloys and fitted Cabin lights.

I faced this issue when I replaced my Dzire's 14" OEM rims with 15" alloys 6 years ago. The sales rep tried to convince me to not go for upgrade citing some wierd logic. But he was speechless when I told him that MSIL itself is offering 15" alloys in top variant. But same is not the case here.

120 kmph is a respectable speed to keep you agile and alive while driving.

Wish you happy and safe miles ahead.
Thanks a ton Ankush! Well depends on the equation you have with the service center. In my case, I have been visiting one for the last 20 years and this would be my 11th Maruti vehicle coming to them for servicing. Thus not much of a scope for any argument on the aftermarket fitments.

My experience says, as long as the upgrades have been done by a professional and with the care that any alteration requires, and that they would not interfere with the mechanics and electrical circuitry of the vehicle, any manufacturer does not have a standing in the discussion. Eg. Upgrading stock cabin lights to an Osram or a Philips LED would be no issue, as LEDs are of a lower wattage normally and thus don't put additional load on the circuits and wiring of the car!

On the other hand, a finicky manufacturer can object to stock air filter being replaced by a universal K&N, but again, going back to the earlier point, it all depends on how reasonable and accommodative is the service center
rohin4110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 11:37   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Would love to get one if my wallet allows. As with all new cars, this must be crash test compliant ?
No - right now the regulations are very nascent in India. Basic things like parking sensors, ABS, airbags are mandatory. Crash test is not yet mandatory. So while company may claim compliance to safety norms - it is not certified via a proper crash test like G-NCAP. Unless that is done and ratings are public - I wouldn't consider a car to be crash tested. And without crash tests - safety is pure presumption.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 11:38   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Alloys from S-Cross fit this bill and will be a good fitment, R16
I didn't like the S-Cross design too. Again back to personal choice, I would not like a black wheel, since I clean the car myself, it is a pain to keep it shining and clean and even the slightest of dust would make it look "not so cool".

That said, nothing matches a shining black when just cleaned and tyres dressed, and with a lighter body shade on the car adds to the contrast. However in India, the shine doesn't last long enough, when you start driving around on dusty roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's XL6 has a decent start in sales/dispatch figures. Shows a figure of 2356 in the August sales chart.

Source:Auto Punditz
Yeah! 2356 units in 9 days in August is not a bad number at all. And the fact that sales in just 9 days have made it go past the Marazzo! Maybe a good sign of things to predict in future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th September 2019 at 17:01. Reason: back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:43   #383
Senior - BHPian

Saw one for the first time on road today.

IMO this car has the shape and design to go one size bigger and play in the Compass/creta category price wise and have the dimensions of a Kodiaq/x3/volvo xc60, it should work very well.

Maruti could have made this more plush and added creature comforts and other kit to taste waters in a higher segment.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 11:48   #384
BHPian

Congratulations for such a historic acquisition. No matter the car's future fate, you shall always be the first person to own it in the country. The details which you have shared are no less than a meticulous review of XL6. To a not so erudite person this would be an ideal alternative to Innova Crysta.

The mods which you have done are right where it matters the most. I had seen XL6 last week and it definitely looks a lot better in person. The captain seats and dashboard compliment well to the overall interiors. Not a big fan of MS cars when it comes to drive quality (apart from the S Cross 1.6) but XL6 serves the purpose of a good family car better than any other competing cars.

Do keep updating the thread with details of it. I have a strong gut feeling that it is going to make a big dent on Innova sales in the country (too optimistic but I hope it does, to bring the T ego down when it comes to pricing their cars)

Last edited by VWAllstar : 9th September 2019 at 11:49. Reason: deletion of the quote
Old 9th September 2019, 12:00   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Congratulations for such a historic acquisition. No matter the car's future fate, you shall always be the first person to own it in the country. The details which you have shared are no less than a meticulous review of XL6. To a not so erudite person this would be an ideal alternative to Innova Crysta.

The mods which you have done are right where it matters the most. I had seen XL6 last week and it definitely looks a lot better in person. The captain seats and dashboard compliment well to the overall interiors. Not a big fan of MS cars when it comes to drive quality (apart from the S Cross 1.6) but XL6 serves the purpose of a good family car better than any other competing cars.

Do keep updating the thread with details of it. I have a strong gut feeling that it is going to make a big dent on Innova sales in the country (too optimistic but I hope it does, to bring the T ego down when it comes to pricing their cars)
Thanks a ton! Yes, mine being the first one will be etched in history forever

Could not agree more on the fact that maybe close to a lakh extra and throwing in UV cut glass, electric IRVM and a sunroof, would have been a sure shot gamechanger!

However, even the present feature list and the price point is good enough a package to give some serious dent to the ego that T and H carry. While the Crysta is in a league of it's own, however, I see no reason for XL6 to beat the BRV, Mazarro and the Lodgy on sales month on month. Even the Ertiga with its 6 to 7 month waiting period may lose out significant unit sales to XL6, considering an affordable price difference, lesser waiting period (for now) and a better feature list...
rohin4110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 12:16   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohin4110 View Post

Could not agree more on the fact that maybe close to a lakh extra and throwing in UV cut glass, electric IRVM and a sunroof, would have been a sure shot gamechanger!
I feel they have purposely skipped this. Tasting new waters so with it's success soon they will come with a limited edition with all the mentioned features and additions.

Quote:
While the Crysta is in a league of it's own, however, I see no reason for XL6 to beat the BRV, Mazarro and the Lodgy on sales month on month.
BRV is almost dead and so is Lodgy. Marazzo is an excellent product but price difference is lot more as compared to what XL6 offers.

Quote:
Even the Ertiga with its 6 to 7 month waiting period may lose out significant unit sales to XL6, considering an affordable price difference, lesser waiting period (for now) and a better feature list...
No iota of doubt it will lower the sales of Ertiga very soon. Nexa brand, feature list with an excellent pricing and better looks will be too difficult to ignore for potential Ertiga buyers.
Old 9th September 2019, 12:26   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I wouldn't consider a car to be crash tested. And without crash tests - safety is pure presumption.
True.

Did a bit of research and found that previous Ertiga had 4 star ASEAN NCAP rating, current one is Bharat NCAP compliant. Few pics of the testing.

Bharat NCAP may not be the ideal benchmark though!

Checked the car out in person yesterday, panels were similar to the Second gen Swift/Ertiga and not the current ones. They surely could have done better, but its is not wafer thin too.

For the price I have nothing to complain about.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 9th September 2019 at 12:28.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 16:14   #388
BANNED

I never expected that I will ever repeat this dialogue after I cited it at the time of S Cross 1.6 price cut, but let me put it ahead "Maruti has bowled me over again"

It's more than 12 years back that I owned a Maruti car and sweared that will never own one again. Then I checked the S Cross, I was deeply moved by the engine, ride and handling, and flexibility on offer. And then they did XL-6

I always looked at the older Ertiga as a spacious hatchback (after pushing rear seats behind on wheels) with super comfort and a BIG boot - here Maruti has just added desirability to an already wonderful and very smart package. I checked the XL-6 thoroughly and I must say that this particular car ticks every single box of what I look for as an ideal car for me. 4 seats, big boot, decent ride, rear AC and a lot of space - all this with a very refined and silent petrol motor. What else does one need?

Well, let me declare it - XL-6 is a very strong contender for my next vehicle, I find it worth every single paisa, Maruti is asking for; and Zeta, in fact, comes at a mouth watering price IMO.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 17:01   #389
KMT
BHPian

Personally, I found the back four seats to be really small.

You have to be a pretty small 'Captain' to fit comfortably in the middle row. Its definitely no Innova.

In other aspects the car was pretty OK and VFM.
KMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 19:00   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
You have to be a pretty small 'Captain' to fit comfortably in the middle row. Its definitely no Innova.

I too first thought that the middle row seats are small, but apparently they are same in size as the front one, and they hold the passenger well. If one can sit in front seat, he can sit in the captain seats comfortably.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks