Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2019, 14:47   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Here are the actual pictures for the 2019 vehicles given to Dealership principals. These will be used for RTO formalities as well as test drives to potential customers.
Eeeks, all that chrome up front is going to create some major reflections on a sunny day

The black ones I've seen in Thailand have killer looks. White doesn't suit the Vellfire I feel.
Old 19th December 2019, 15:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs

ACI have managed review of the Velfire in India. Here's the link:

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-415176

Excerpts :

It's a spacious vehicle, but the few interior bits are plasticky, the infotainment system is let down, ride is firm and there’s more road noise than you’d get in German luxury car (price comparison?)
CARDEEP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 15:48   #78
BHPian

Saw one in Black last evening here in Mumbai, near the Haji Ali junction, its size is quite imposing for a MPV, but agree it's ground clearance would be quite an issue.
Old 8th January 2020, 11:46   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Vellfire now available for test drive, pre-booking deposit set at ₹ 10 lakh.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 12:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Vellfire now available for test drive, pre-booking deposit set at ₹ 10 lakh.
"A major disappointment will be an aftermarket 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system"

That is pretty disappointing. I'm sure it's going to be one of the major gripes of potential owners. Just not acceptable in this price bracket.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 12:56   #81
BHPian

Here is the detailed review from autocar India of the India spec Toyota vellfire.

Old 21st January 2020, 15:26   #82
Team-BHP Support

Went for a longish test drive today, some observations-

1. Very premium interiors/ material. More like Lexus. Leather Quality even better than Land Cruiser. Aluminium/ wood looks of very high quality.

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200121-1.50.02-pm-1.jpeg
Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200121-3.24.33-pm.jpeg

2. Despite Van like appearance and size, surprisingly easy to drive and manoeuvre. Good seating posture in the driver seat and great visibility.

3. Transmission is ultra-smooth, no jerks or rubber band feeling despite being CVT.

4. Very good sound Insulation.

5. Amazing rear lounge seat. 4 Seats are heated/ cooled. The rear middle gets extended thigh support and one can almost make it flat as a bed.

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200121-1.50.00-pm.jpeg
Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200121-1.50.02-pm.jpeg

6. Best mileage around 19+ when driven less than 80.Kmpl in moderate urban traffic. The mixed highway runs at high speed/ local - 13 + Kmpl

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200121-1.49.39-pm-1.jpeg
Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200121-3.26.34-pm.jpeg

The Demo cars that Dealership principals received were without a Music system but customer cars in 2020 will be with a premium Audio and LED screen. The suspension is very supple and despite height/ size, there is hardly any body-roll.

However, for some reasons, I felt some strange movement/ vibrations when sitting in the rear, not from the engine but from the chassis as if the tyre pressure is more which was correct as per manual 36 PSI. Maybe due to the long-wheelbase or lack of rigidity due to monocoque chassis?

This is a very posh vehicle and the local dealership has already booked over 10 here at Chandigarh. I won't be surprised given the high number of LC200 here. It perfectly supplements your garage if you already have an LC200. It will be totally wrong to compare this with Kia or anything else. I will say, interiors are far better over V Class. The closest competitor can be an X7. The kind of space it has in the rear and the overall ambience and sitting posture, it's definitely going to click with High net individuals.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st January 2020 at 15:33.
Turbanator is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 10:17   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Vellfire bookings open at select dealerships, deliveries to be from Mrcah-20

Quote:
The Vellfire will be sold only with a BS6 compliant 2.5 litre petrol engine (180 PS/235 Nm) which will come mated to an e-CVT. The engine will be part of a self-charging hybrid powertrain. To reduce inventory costs, Toyota will be launching the MPV only in one grade, which will be the ‘XLOUNGE’.

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-toyotavellfirebrochureindia1536x922.jpg

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-toyotavellfirebookingscoloursvariantsprice1536x1017.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2020 at 10:20.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 11:37   #84
BHPian

i
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
AFAIK, in Europe they have been barred from advertising their hybrid vehicles as "self charging"!
I think it is a lame way to confuse customers and scoring some brownie points by calling their vehicles self charging.
Raghuwire is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 13:02   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Kirloskar Motor will launch its luxury MPV Vellfire on the 26th Feb. 2020
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 03:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Looks U-G-L-Y. No offence to anyone, but I'd never want to own this car. I'd say only factories, real-estate barons, or 5 star hotels would invest in this van to ferry their (prospective) clients. The big-shots want personality; they'll always buy an SUV.

Wonder whether Toyota would have been better off fighting the Kia Carnival with the Sienna rather than taking the effort to launch the the Velfire at an astronomical price.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th February 2020 at 23:59. Reason: Typos.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 08:45   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Looks U-G-L-Y. No offence to anyone, but I'd never want to own this car.
I happen to see multiple Vellfires on roads when I was in Malaysia last month. IMHO the car looks premium in person. Especially the black one. Not a real beauty though. You're right that most of them was owned by hotels and resorts. Expecting same Trent in India also.
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 08:52   #88
BHPian

Agreed this is a pedigreed and established Toyota product, but for its intended use of a comfortable people hauler at an estimated price of 85-90 lakhs ex showroom its quite the sticker shock. It places it squarely in the range of the Merc V class which looks better and will have a nicer made cabin but admittedly does not appear as plush. Badge value too i guess.

If I were in the market for a hauler, the Kia Carnival looks like a lot of value now at approx 30 lakhs.
Old 14th February 2020, 10:48   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Agreed this is a pedigreed and established Toyota product, but for its intended use of a comfortable people hauler at an estimated price of 85-90 lakhs ex showroom its quite the sticker shock. It places it squarely in the range of the Merc V class which looks better and will have a nicer made cabin but admittedly does not appear as plush. Badge value too i guess.

If I were in the market for a hauler, the Kia Carnival looks like a lot of value now at approx 30 lakhs.
Its a matter of how much moolah one can spend! There are people movers starting 6lacs(Triber) and can go all the way upto recently launched Marco Polo. A Triber will supplement a Honda City, Innova for a Mercedes E, Carnival for 7/S and a Velfire/V Class for Maybach/Bentley/RR's etc.

Last edited by PrideRed : 14th February 2020 at 10:49.
Old 14th February 2020, 20:34   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
it's definitely going to click with High net individuals.
One big shot politico from UP is going to get two of them and was gaga over the comfort the vehicle offers, in a few days this thing is going to replace a lot of premium UVs IMO.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed