Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2019, 09:45   #16
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Saw her today in Greater Noida. She's a beauty .
I have seen this particular car couple of times in Greater Noida / Noida, this thing is huge and looks grand. I cannot say if it looks 'beautiful' but it does stand out in a good way, thanks to its massive street presence !
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 09:49   #17
BHPian

re: Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs

Car looks huge and also looks to be sitting quite low. What's the GC of this?

KK
Old 17th July 2019, 10:06   #18
BHPian

I don't quite understand the logic of selling bare bones 'single wiper' Etios, rebadged Maruti-Suzuki, and 70L Luxury SUVs/MPVs all under the same badge. Does it mean such a devoted following for Toyota among the super rich segment, which the Germans could not achieve, or is it that Toyota has decided to take on badge exclusion head on?
Old 17th July 2019, 10:14   #19

In Singapore, I've used this as well as the MercedesBenz Vito as Taxis. I really felt the MB Vito is far superior in terms of ride quality and the space available. We could fit almost 4 large check-in suitcases, 2 cabin suitcases and few other bags quite easily along with 4 Adults and 4 kids in MB van. In Toyota van, we could not find so much space in the passenger row,3rd row and luggage compartment. Also MB Vito provides multiple configurations(can be done by individuals) is what I was told by the driver.
powerdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 10:56   #20
BHPian

The Malaysian website of Toyota doesn't seem to list the Hybrid version of the Vellfire rather only the IC version. This costs RM 360,000 as per the pricelist. That's equivalent to approximately Rs. 60L.

https://toyota.com.my/vehicles/mpv/vellfire

Does that mean that this will sell at a mere 15L extra from the Malaysian version? Whatever happened to the 110% customs duty imposed by the Bharat Sarkar? And no extra price for the Hybrid?

Offtopic: I also get a feeling that we will soon have a Lexus equivalent of the Vellfire/Alphard, the ultra-luxury and ultra grotesque Lexus LM will launch at twice the price of the Vellfire. One look at the lexus grill and I am reminded of the alien from the movie 'Species' (Not the beautiful lady, but the actual alien)

Last edited by racer_ash : 17th July 2019 at 11:12.
Old 17th July 2019, 11:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
I don't quite understand the logic of selling bare bones 'single wiper' Etios, rebadged Maruti-Suzuki, and 70L Luxury SUVs/MPVs all under the same badge. Does it mean such a devoted following for Toyota among the super rich segment, which the Germans could not achieve, or is it that Toyota has decided to take on badge exclusion head on?
Well it is because they can sell! They sell the best taxi cars in India, from the same showroom that sells 40Lakh SUVs, yet they don't have a taxi tag attached to the brand, something companies like Tata needs to think about.

Its a fact that the garage of the super rich in India is incomplete without a Toyota Innova. You may own a Bentley or a AMG, but your garage will remain incomplete until there's a Toyota Innova.
So it does have a devout following by the super rich businessmen, politicians, govt officials, 5 star hotels, and remains the most preferred taxi car anyday!
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 11:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post

Offtopic: I also get a feeling that we will soon have a Lexus equivalent of the Vellfire/Alphard, the ultra-luxury and ultra grotesque Lexus LM will launch at twice the price of the Vellfire. One look at the lexus grill and I am reminded of the alien from the movie 'Species' (Not the beautiful lady, but the actual alien)

The alphard face reminds me of the alien without his helmet from the movie Predator.

But given that its a Toyota and a category all to itself, the hotel industry will lap up the vellfire for fleet transportation segment. The 5 star chains will definitely use it.
Old 17th July 2019, 11:27   #23
BHPian

I know that such luxury MPVs are not very good looking but this Vellfire has set the bar higher in terms ugliness.
If I'm on road, this car will definitely scare the hell out of me when I see it in IRVM.

MB V class looks much more elegant compared to this one!
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 11:30   #24
BHPian

Have seen a white one at Madhus a few months back. Has some crazy road presence and what smashing looks!
Old 17th July 2019, 11:50   #25
BANNED

Whoa!! I have seen this particular vehicle at least 20 times in last one month at MG One mall near Ulsoor road in Bangalore!

In fact both of them used to be seen together (Alphard and Vellfire), they probably visit the five star properties there. Trust me man, this thing is a van; but you can tell in one glance that this is something that means serious business!
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 12:01   #26
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I have been chauffered on the Alphard in Hong Kong when I was there this year. Toyota sells a lot of these in Hong Kong and the duo can be seen in abundance.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 12:15   #27
BHPian

How on earth are these things aerodynamic? It looks like they have a brick wall in the front instead of a grill and bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Very interesting. Wish they customised their products with as much thought for the Indian market too.

Last edited by SDP : 22nd July 2019 at 08:07. Reason: Removing video link from quoted post
Iyencar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 12:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
75 lacs?!! I rode in one in KL and didn't find anything exceptional that would justify this kind of money. Vellfire is a beauty though!
Just checked the prices at Malaysia. Its close to 350000 RM which shall convert to roughly 60 Lacs. I dont know if the prices told by my source were on Road or Ex showroom.
Accelerati is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 16:00   #29
Team-BHP Support

As per my contact, expected prices are about 80-85 Lac ex-showroom. Don't know at this time if TKM has actually told them these rates or they have added some amount on their own to prevent cancellations later

Some more pictures from the same place.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190717-3.46.01-pm.jpeg  

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190717-3.45.59-pm-1.jpeg  

Scoop! Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV coming to India Edit: Launched at Rs. 79.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190717-3.45.59-pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 16:53   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Whatever happened to the 110% customs duty imposed by the Bharat Sarkar? And no extra price for the Hybrid?

The government has, to every manufacturer, given the permission to import 2500 (yes, two thousand and five hundred) cars duty free.

Related discussion here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...t-hassles.html (Govt. may let carmakers import 2,500 cars/year without hassles)
simeonovitch is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks