Team-BHP - 1,00,000th Tata Nexon rolls out of Tata's Ranjangaon plant
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   1,00,000th Tata Nexon rolls out of Tata's Ranjangaon plant (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/211281-1-00-000th-tata-nexon-rolls-out-tatas-ranjangaon-plant-2.html)

Superbly done by TATA Motors.

Nexon deserved to do well. It ticks all boxes.

It now needs a facelift / refresh and auto wipers + headlights. Guess BSVI will bring all this.

It's still fighting well with 4.5K units even with all the new competition. It is still the best value for money.

Tata has definitely stepped up the designs a notch or two, no-one can complain that it is boring, coupled with the safety aspect they had a winner in the hands. Hopefully they dont get complacent and keep pushing (rather than deleting) as there are new launches in the same segment and build trust with their customers and win back some market share.

Good luck Tata.

I believe the main strength of this car is it's Value for Money factor. It is priced cheaper than the competition and provides most of the features that a normal car buyer cares about.
As many pointed above I believe it is time for a facelift with BSVI engine but most probably it will be coming in next year.

I should admit that at first I did not like the looks of Nexon, especially with the white elements. Felt it lacked class.
But in the Etna Orange, they changed the white elements to grey and that was an excellent move. I quite like it now especially with the orange and grey dual tone. Looks like a more mature product.

Also, I think Nexon has continuously improved the vehicle with software updates, adding an AMT on both diesel and petrol, adding Sunroof as an accessory, etc. In fact, the accessory list of Nexon has Tyre pressure monitoring system and Cam recorder as well, which are nice to have.

I don't think any face-lift will be coming in at least the next one year and I believe there's no need for one. It's a good package at a good price, and will definitely continue to sell well.

This is truly a coming of age vehicle for Tata Motors Passenger division.
Great car, looks pretty unique and modern, a surprisingly great music system and safest car in it's category. Priced really well too.

Kudos to Tata!

It is quite reassuring as a owner when the product does well. I am assured of support for few years and this will ensure better re-sale value.
The only things as an owner I would like to see in the car are
1. 6 airbag version
2. saftey kit (EPS, Hill hold assist etc)
3. Better positioned USB and charger (current one is difficult to reach and eats up space)
4. The drive mode knob smaller and another location, frees up the space
5. Display for ACC, I find this the most idotic miss
6. Better rear cam

rest the car is sorted mechanically. Good engines, Fantastic music system, decent set of features, spacious, Good built quality all the essentials are there, few ergo issues can be rectified in the facelift

When I first saw the Nexon at the time of unveiling at Auto Expo 2016, I remember I had told one of my colleague that if am in the market to buy a car I will buy this one. Only thing I had wished that they tone down the white lines..

After three years, I have now bought a Nexon dual tone (orange and silver) as my first car.. I evaluated all the cars in the segment including venue (for which I postponed my purchase) and after all I found Nexon the most VFM.. and I think that's the USP of this car..it ticks almost all the boxes for the given price point.

Another thing that Nexon has been able to do is that it has changed perception to a great extent.. If I imagine myself telling my family that I am going to buy a Tata car, pre Nexon, they would have thrown me out.. especially my dad.. he used have some short of allergy to TATA brand name..but when I told him that I am considering Nexon..he immediately told it's nice car and you can go for it.. thats big coming from him for a Tata car. And now I own one.

As a proud owner of Nexon, I fully vouch for its performance. Be it the ride quality or the built.

Tata should aim at adding more features like sun roof, hill hold control etc. In such tough times Nexon is a survivor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniyo (Post 4625430)
Good built quality all the essentials are there, few ergo issues can be rectified in the facelift

By ergo, you meant - "ergonomic" ? shouldn't they be sorted in servicing, instead of facelift ? I am curious as to what are those ergonomic issues. The very reason i am interested in Tata cars is the ergonomics, now you made me thinking :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by spr1ngleo (Post 4629654)
By ergo, you meant - "ergonomic" ? shouldn't they be sorted in servicing, instead of facelift ? I am curious as to what are those ergonomic issues. The very reason i am interested in Tata cars is the ergonomics, now you made me thinking :confused:

Nothing serious. Minor stuff
1. The center tumble lid opening from back to front instead of the other way round
2. Boot open button and central locking button adjacent to each other
3. Telescopic steering will be a cool addition. Even with current set up, one can be very comfortable in the driving seats
4. Call mute button on the steering wheel. Now we have to mute through the touchscreen (song mute is available on steering)
5. Display for ACC. This is the lamest miss I feel.
6. position of USB port is unusual. Nothing worrisome just a better position will ease the usage
7. The drive mode knob is too big and bang in center. I do understand they had to advertise it, I feel the job is done and in the face lift they can chose an alternate position and free up that space

Otherwise the car is a very comfortable place to be in. Seats are good and support is nice. Steering is nice to hold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniyo (Post 4629663)
Nothing serious. Minor stuff

Thanks.

I test drove tigor and driver's seat height adjustment just blew me over. I was so in love with it, and I could not find such range of height travel in any other car I test drove. When I test drive NexonP, it's driver's seat height adjuster was stuck for some reason, so could not test the range. That's the only thing I want for long drives. Rest of the points you mentioned in your post are gimmickry for me.