Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 23:10   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_fire View Post
I am waiting for the upcoming diesel automatic versions in the lower varients. The dealer told me it will be launched next month, will come with BS6 engines and will be priced 3.5 L above the corresponding manual variants (on road price). Is this true ? 3.5 L premium will result in a price tag of 27 L for the Longitude option automatic (on road price - Cochin)
Should be true. The Trailhawk is not exactly top spec with missing features like electric seats, auto dimming IRVM, auto headlights and rain sensing wipers. That is 34L on road without sunroof.

Also I mentioned this before that the lower variants with ZF9 will be BS6+4x4 so the cost over the 4x4 MT will be for BS6+ZF9.
Old 9th September 2019, 23:26   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Jeep Compass diesel AT to be offered in lower trims

The ZF9 is proving to be a huge bogey instead of being an asset if not USP. It seems to be too expensive, over complicated and still, just not that good. The brilliant minds even managed to miss out on providing Sports mode in a 35L AT.

In my book, the Hexa still has the best automatic on all UVs under 30L
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 19:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Well the BS4 car doesn't have a DPF or SCR so dunno what's there to calibrate.
BS4 version may not have a SCR but it certainly have a DPF.

BS6 version should have a SCR + DPF (or) LNT + DPF

Without DPF, meeting BS4 for diesel engine is unlikely.
Old 9th November 2019, 09:00   #34
Team-BHP Support

Has Jeep forgotten about this? They got the Trailhawk 2 years late even though they promised it at launch to be soon. At the Trailhawk launch they said they would launch AT's in other variants as soon.

Jeep India seems to be sleeping. The logical thing to do would be to get the Compass AT before Diwali and make the most of the rising sales.

Looking at the sales charts almost all manufacturers benefitted from this. All Jeep could do was 200 more which is hardly a jump vs others.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 10:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Has Jeep forgotten about this? They got the Trailhawk 2 years late even though they promised it at launch to be soon. At the Trailhawk launch they said they would launch AT's in other variants as soon.

Jeep India seems to be sleeping. The logical thing to do would be to get the Compass AT before Diwali and make the most of the rising sales.

Looking at the sales charts almost all manufacturers benefitted from this. All Jeep could do was 200 more which is hardly a jump vs others.

You mean Diwali of next year right? I think they are just waiting for the Hector and Seltos storm to die down before they spend money on certifying the Compass diesel auto.
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 18:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Diesel AT Spotted on Test

New Brown Shade

Jeep Compass diesel AT to be offered in lower trims-img_20191201_110346.jpg

Jeep Compass diesel AT to be offered in lower trims-img_20191201_110358.jpg

Jeep Compass diesel AT to be offered in lower trims-img_20191201_110414.jpg

Jeep Compass diesel AT to be offered in lower trims-img_20191201_110427.jpg

Jeep Compass diesel AT to be offered in lower trims-img_20191201_110454.jpg

Source - Whatsapp Forward.
CarguyNish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 19:03   #37
BHPian

Spent some time yesterday with TD-ing the Compass. There is a talk in showroom that Compass will roll out the BS6 versions by early 2020. Prices will go up to accommodate BS6 compatibility, but there apparently will be slight modifications in feature lists too. If one is insistent on BS6 compliance, will make sense to wait 2-3 months. Especially for diesel.

But. If one is thinking petrol, see no reason to hold back (with all the bargains that can be availed now) unless one is intrigued about the facelift and features it might bring in (at an increased cost). I absolutely loved the solidity and dynamics of Petrol DCT, the slight lag in low RPM notwithstanding. The electronic park brake (that disengages the gear box?) seems like the best thing for traffic like what we have in Bangalore. And I have not seen as many DCT bust complaints like one see for DSG, yet. Or transmission set-up temperature increasing reports like in Seltos/Venue DCT. Please correct me if am wrong, though. So really tempted to go for the 1.4 Petrol AT, if Kia continue to play hide and seek with my booking of D-AT. Let's see!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 1st December 2019 at 19:09. Reason: Rectified a few typos
Old 1st December 2019, 19:07   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

I wonder when, if ever, the Jeep/ FCA chaps, will offer us the Renegade in its best spec with max safety kit, 4WD and AT.

Now that'll be a worthy additional purchase indeed for one such as I.
Old 8th January 2020, 11:28   #39
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass diesel AT to be offered in lower trims

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
Spent some time yesterday with TD-ing the Compass.
OT:
Would you mind sharing the amount of discounts Jeep is offering for Compass Petrol and Diesel variants in Bangalore? Do they have enough BS4 stocks of all variants?

Most Viewed