Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2019, 15:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore

Are they trying to designate higher variants through size of grill ? Like mercedes does it with their light strips in C,E and S class. Pretty naive if that is the case.

That said ,the design has actually grown on me. I don't feel it as awkward as I felt in my first look. These big luxury sedans are all about making their presence felt in the rear view mirrors. I think this design can do that job well.
padmrajravi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 17:07   #17
BHPian

Next thing you know, BMW might just put the headlights inside the grill. The grill on the new BMW X6 shows us proof that the company might actually try that. However, The grill does suit the X7 more than the 7 series given the sheer size of the car. You get the feeling that the size is more to soothe ego than for any productive purpose.
Old 31st July 2019, 19:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Next thing you know, BMW might just put the headlights inside the grill. The grill on the new BMW X6 shows us proof that the company might actually try that. However, The grill does suit the X7 more than the 7 series given the sheer size of the car. You get the feeling that the size is more to soothe ego than for any productive purpose.
I think they might do a classic dodge next time.
Y'know the old ones with the headlights enclosed by a cover resembling the rest of the grill.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 07:54   #19
BHPian

The grille is H-U-G-E, that's the biggest a bimmer guy can expect.

Inspired by him??
Old 2nd August 2019, 14:25   #20
BHPian

Fellow members, just got back from the showroom with both the Pre and Post LCI cars together, those grills in person look much better and infact the Pre LCI version suddenly felt old from the front at least. Even the interiors maybe because the old one was in beige and new in cognac, suddenly felt much older.
Further I think with the Pre LCI they were focusing too much on competing with the S and positioned it as primarily a chauffeur driven vehicle, but the new one is much more aggressive, feels sharper and smaller, another difference which I noticed while driving both versions (730Ld) back to back, was something I have noticed earlier as well is that, as my cousin owns the pre LCI version, that seats are a bit too high, and I dont usually get my ideal driving position because the Driver seat does not really go down all the way like in the 5 (G30), the way I like to drive whereas in the new one's front Driver seat does go down further than the Pre LCI , and with the raised bonnet is a wonderful thing to view.
Having contemplated on picking up the old 7 diesel with heavy discounts, I have and I hope wisely decided to wait for the new 7 in petrol to come and enjoy my 5 more till then (It's only an year old) and then subject to getting the usual 7 Series discounts pick up the LCI version only around the end of the year, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Further the LCI version parked in the showroom was the 745Le and it does a great job of not looking particularly different and for 99% of the people is just a regular 7.
Further attaching some pictures I clicked in the showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore-img_7480.jpg  

BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore-img_7481.jpg  

BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore-img_7482.jpg  

BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore-img_7484.jpg  

np23 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 15:56   #21
BHPian

The GRILLE reminds me of him. Is that their inspiration?
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore-images.jpeg  

Old 7th September 2019, 03:04   #22
BHPian

I have been driving the new car in the 740li version (in my favorite color). Before this I've extensively driven the pre lci car and was daily driving the 730ld for the past few months.
  • The car is quieter and more comfortable! The road noise and non stop honking is less heard inside and it's quite pleasant even in rush hour traffic. Really enjoying the commute.
  • Looks so much better in person! It's quite a head turner and looks stunning in the night with that lightbar in the back.
  • Headlights have become even better with more solid cornering and low-beam. The high-beam also turns on faster when flashing and the auto high-beam activates more often now.
  • Have gotten used to the new dials but I still like the previous digital ones more.
  • CarPlay integration is better than ever. Now I can use the native dash screen and steering controls for more actions. Loving it.
  • The 40i is pure gem. I don't even miss the 30d torque anymore like I used to before. You have to drive this engine to appreciate how smooth and punchy it is. Love the burbles and pops too (yes it pops but in the most polished way haha).
The 7 still isn't as exciting to look at inside (mainly the dashboard design) which is where the S class still has more Wow factor. I believe things will get more competitive in India when the new A8 arrives as that seems to be the most modern in this segment. Until then this seems like a good refresh and should help them manage till the next gen 7 series comes out in a few years.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore-img_9777.jpg  

BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore-img_9776.jpg  

BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore-img_9774.jpg  

BMW 7-Series facelift launched at Rs. 1.22 crore-img_9797.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by goingout : 7th September 2019 at 03:17.
goingout is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks