Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2007, 19:31   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
cant we source this diesel engines from maruti and try with our local mechanics to fit into our Palios/Sienas (atleast the local mechanics seems to have better knowledge then FIAT India people)
I beg to differ here. Once during chat with Suhas Javali of Javali Motors (Hubli), told me that, people don't come to authorised centre for services (after warrenty period) and go to local mechanics for repair purposes, which they cannot do (that is also the one of the reasons for screwing the palio). He also told me that, there were lot of cases like this (which he faced), and owners then crib about FIAT not fixing problems (if the car is serviced before warrenty period elapses).
Old 17th October 2007, 20:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Well, AutoCar Nov issues states that Fiat Linea will be launched end 2007, not sure from where they got this info?

But if it is true, finally we'll have a Fiat Car with JTD engine very soon!

Last edited by finneyp : 17th October 2007 at 20:07.
Old 17th October 2007, 21:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But if it is true, finally we'll have a Fiat Car with JTD engine very soon!
It going to be launched initially in the petrol.

Quote:
Is it because, FORD does not license its engine to others or is the smallest common-rail (efficient, performance). The difference between FIAT and FORD engines are only 100 cc (FIAT - 1278cc or something, FORD - 1368CC) and BHP figures (75BHP to 68 BHP).
No Fuss is there. Fiats engine is a better engine by a mile, its a award winning engine, engine of the year.

A few comparos and you know what i mean.

75bhp vs 68bhp
190NM vs 160NM
And Fiat can tune that engine to 120bhp
It is DOHC, 16v is smaller then the Ford engine, more faster, more power, more torque, more efficient, hence no one talks about the Fiesta engine, not that its bad, the Fiats is much better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks