Team-BHP - 2020 Auto Expo to be held on February 7-12, 2020
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2020 Auto Expo to be held on February 7-12, 2020 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/211626-2020-auto-expo-held-february-7-12-2020-a.html)

According to the official website of the Auto Expo, the 2020 edition of the Motor Show of the Auto Expo is scheduled to be held from February 7-12, 2020 at the India Expo Mart in Greater Noida.

2020 Auto Expo to be held on February 7-12, 2020-2020-auto-expo.jpg

The Auto Expo is held every alternate year. It is organized by the Automotive Components Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).

Other details including registration dates for the exhibitors and media are yet to be announced.

Link to Team-BHP News

:thumbs up dates blocked & looking forward.

I expect a subdued show, considering the damp market conditions. Of course, the big guys like Maruti, Hyundai, Tata etc. will show off on a grand scale as always, but the smaller ones will either skip it or have a conservative showcase. Don't forget, last time around when the market was better, so many brands had skipped the Auto Expo.

Hoping for some important unveils!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4630081)
Hoping for some important unveils!

Eagerly looking forward to the Jeep Renegade, Citroen Aircross, VW T-Cross and Skoda Kamiq, amongst other anticipated newcomers.

In all probability, most of them would be hitting Indian roads before end of 2020, and therefore, the India prototypes should make their appearances during the event.

Thanks! More than cars themselves I hope the auto makers will actually use this time's show for a flurry of engine launches. With BSVI enforcement literally around the corner from the Expo'20, it would be the opportune moment to showcase their readiness with compliant engines with new technological achievements. Diesels, hybrids and the lot. Fingers crossed.

I was hoping Tata will bring a capable C2 sedan to fight the City-Ciaz-Verna but well thats now off the grid considering TML decided to divert those funds towards a compact SUV again. At this rate I'm not sure what else will they build on the ALPHA platform after the Altroz if not a C2 sedan! Tata off late has been the highlight with new concept launches at auto expos. So must look out for their tent!

Looking forward to this as always.
I went for the last one and apart from the BMW stall and maybe the KIA, all other were fairly bland with alot of manufacturers skipping the even altogether.
Lets see how this shapes up .

Volkswagen Confirms Participation At The 2020 Auto Expo, promises that there's a lot that it will bring to the Expo.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4638238)
Volkswagen Confirms Participation At The 2020 Auto Expo, promises that there's a lot that it will bring to the Expo.

I have too many jokes running in my mind at this. Except for a new platform and two SUVs I didn't find anything that made me jump out of my seat. Probably that's asking too much from a company who does nothing but sticker jobs for years. I hope this 'excitement' prevails even after the show. The wait begins!!

Carmakers at the 2020 Auto Expo -

Likely to participate - Maruti, Volkswagen, Hyundai, KIA, MG, Skoda, TATA, Mahindra.

Likely to skip - Ford, Nissan, Honda, Jeep, Audi, Citroen (undecided!)

Two-wheeler manufacturers at the 2020 Auto Expo -

Likely to participate - TVS, Honda, Suzuki, Evolet, Okinawa, Yamaha (dicey!), Hero Motocorp, CF Moto.

Likely to skip - Bajaj, Kawasaki, KTM, Triumph Motorcycles, Indian motorcycles, UM Motorcycles, Emflux Motors, Kinetic MotoRoyale, Royal Enfield

Source -
https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...event/1702660/
https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...esent/1700617/

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4657088)
Likely to skip - Ford, Nissan, Honda, Jeep, Audi, Citroen (undecided!)

If Honda intends to skip as per the report then when do they unveil the new Honda city? Does this mean this will happen earlier? I wonder how many manufacturers are actually ready to revise their launch to an earlier date if govt provides GST relief only for BS VI models? Is this even an option?
I am hoping the big guns showcase their hybrids and viable EVs. Concepts are fun but its time we see practical solutions.

Honda Cars India, Ford, Bajaj, FCA, Yamaha, Royal Enfield along with luxury brands Jaguar Land Rover and Audi will skip the 2020 Auto Expo.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4638238)

Link

May be they meant more chrome badges, stickers and special names.

On the flip side, wishing against all odds to see the new global Polo being launched in India.

The Delhi Auto Expo, which is scheduled to be held in February 2020, will not be attended by many car manufacturers. The slowdown in sales is reported to be the main reason for this.

Brands like Honda Cars, BMW, Hero MotoCorp, Ashok Leyland, Ford and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) are likely to skip the event. Nissan has not yet confirmed its participation either.

In the luxury segment, only Mercedes-Benz and Lexus are expected to participate in the 2020 Auto Expo. Volkswagen-Skoda are expected to attend the event as well. New entrants like Kia and MG Motors have confirmed their participation, while China’s Great Wall Motors is expected to be present as well.

Bike manufacturers like Royal Enfield, TVS Motors, and Bajaj Auto will also skip the bi-annual event.

In the heavy vehicle segment, only Tata Motors and Mahindra have secured pavilions at the 2020 Auto Expo. Eicher, Bharat Benz and Ashok Leyland have decided not to participate.

In 2018, Audi, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, Nissan, FCA, Volkswagen, Bajaj Auto, Royal Enfield and Harley-Davidson had not participated in the event.

2020 Auto Expo to be held on February 7-12, 2020-2020-auto-expo.jpg

Source: Economic Times

Link to the Team-BHP News

This will be a great opportunity for Kia and the other Chinese manufacturers.
For a new entrant this is an opportunity they can't pass up
As they can get all the eyeballs without competing with established manufacturers
Slowdown or not, magazines and TV and YouTube channels will definitely be covering the autoshow even if footfall reduces

More Prominent car makers ( apart from the list discussed earlier)will not participate in the upcoming Auto Expo:

1.Citroen – set to launch its first model in India in 2020 – has also decided against participating in the Auto Expo 2020.

2.Toyota and Lexus will give the Auto Expo 2020 a miss

3. Nissan still un-decisive, but likely to give it a miss

4. In Luxury space only Mercedes Benz will be participating

Link

I got to know of this today when one of my clients informed me that their stall design would have to change as SIAM is shifting their spot to another hall and closing the previous one! Not good times for event folk.