Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2019, 00:13   #76
Vmv
BHPian

re: The all-black Tata Harrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
And thats when you feel so angry at Tata Motors as to how on earth, can such an imposing looking SUV as Harrier meet the fate that it has, while decidedly inferior looking Chinese and Korean products met with success.
Very true !#
It's such a failure from the Indian giant

Do realise the situation and improvise, we always appreciate good moves.

and I got the front quarter picture of the DARK BOY
Source : FB respective owner

Modes please merge both pictures if necessary( front and back )
Attached Thumbnails
The all-black Tata Harrier-fb_img_1569520068159.jpg  

Vmv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 16:02   #77
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier Dark Edition now available in XT & XT+ trims

The Tata Harrier Dark Edition is now available in mid-spec XT and XT+ variants. It is priced at Rs. 16.50 lakh and Rs. 17.30 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.

The all-black Tata Harrier-harrierdarkbanner.jpg

The Harrier Dark Edition comes with an all-black exterior with smoked headlamps, black skid plates and 17-inch black alloy wheels. The SUV gets all-black treatment on the inside as well. It comes with black seat upholstery and door trim. Until now, the Dark Edition was only available in the top-spec XZ and XZ+ variants.

The all-black Tata Harrier-1-4.jpg

The Harrier XT Dark Edition comes equipped with features such as a 7-inch touchscreen head-unit, automatic climate control, 8-way adjustable driver seat, rear view camera and projector headlamps. The XT+ variant gets a panoramic sunroof.

The all-black Tata Harrier-7-1.jpg

The Harrier is powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 168 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 350 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm. The XT and XT+ variants come with a 6-speed manual gearbox only.

The all-black Tata Harrier-6-2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 16:04   #78
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier Dark Edition now available in XT & XT+ trims

Have they also started offering the diamond cut alloys in the XT and XT+ dark edition as seen in the pics above?
Old 7th October 2020, 16:12   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Have they also started offering the diamond cut alloys in the XT and XT+ dark edition as seen in the pics above?
Those alloys are painted in black which is always the case with dark edition. Though design is similar they don't have diamond cut finish.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 17:19   #80
BHPian

That's another great news from TAMO. Good to see them throwing in desirable things in mid variants. But the down side is some might get confused after going through tons of variants on offer.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 18:10   #81
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier Dark Edition now only available with sunroof-equipped variants XT+, XZ+ and XZA+

The all-black Tata Harrier-20210607030005_harrier_dark.jpg

Non-sunroof equipped Dark Edition XT, XZ and XZA discontinued. The company has conveyed to its dealers to stop taking bookings of the XT, XZ and XZA variants of the Dark Edition.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th June 2021 at 18:12.
Venkatesh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 10:05   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Harrier Dark Edition now only available with sunroof-equipped variants XT+, XZ+ and XZA+

Attachment 2165063

Non-sunroof equipped Dark Edition XT, XZ and XZA discontinued. The company has conveyed to its dealers to stop taking bookings of the XT, XZ and XZA variants of the Dark Edition.

Source
I am a bit disappointed. I hate features such as Sunroof and was exploring the Harrier as a purchase in the next few months. Wife and I were more inclined to go for the XT Dark edition. Sunroof in India is not a long term headache free feature.
Why cant they simply charge a premium for the Dark edition, similar to the way Honda charges about 5K extra for the Pearl White color?
aayusht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 11:26   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
I am a bit disappointed. I hate features such as Sunroof and was exploring the Harrier as a purchase in the next few months. Wife and I were more inclined to go for the XT Dark edition. Sunroof in India is not a long term headache free feature.
Why cant they simply charge a premium for the Dark edition, similar to the way Honda charges about 5K extra for the Pearl White color?
Probably because it is not just an 'external' colour. The dark edition has major changes on the inside as well. The dashboard trim, seat fabric etc. All of which would require some amount of relatively 'major' changes at the assembly line level and not just a paint job.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 12:00   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Probably because it is not just an 'external' colour. The dark edition has major changes on the inside as well. The dashboard trim, seat fabric etc. All of which would require some amount of relatively 'major' changes at the assembly line level and not just a paint job.
True, if the dashboard trim or the seat fabric are different. I must not have realized it when reviewing the brochures. A quick check on the auto websites (carwale, zigwheels) did not reveal this, but these websites some times are not as detailed to flag the features at the dashboard or fabric level. Thanks for highlighting this.
Old 3rd July 2021, 12:45   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Some update is coming for the Harrier Dark Edition on July 7th along with Nexon and Altroz Dark Editions, I wonder what it is??

Is it a performance update, seeing the estimated XUV700 power figures?

The all-black Tata Harrier-9d0b3f53fcfa4a43b1748f1dcf066fce.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 3rd July 2021 at 12:47.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 14:03   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Some update is coming for the Harrier Dark Edition on July 7th along with Nexon and Altroz Dark Editions, I wonder what it is??

Is it a performance update, seeing the estimated XUV700 power figures?

Attachment 2174366
I will be seriously disappointed if dark edition is coming with some extra features or engine tune. i bought harrier dark edition just week back.
Endofdayz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 14:36   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
I will be seriously disappointed if dark edition is coming with some extra features or engine tune. i bought harrier dark edition just week back.
I would be too as I got my Harrier XZA+ just 3 months ago

I do not think there would be a different engine tune offered. If they do, they cannot leave the other color variants out. Also 2.0 MJD by FCA - makes ~170HP in its own SUV offerings. I'd be surprised. Extra features should be possible
Old 4th July 2021, 14:52   #88
BHPian

I would love it if they provided the reclinable bench seats like in the Safari.
reinhardt93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 16:54   #89
BHPian

Dark is here to rule with power. The word power might indicate a revision in engine tune. Otherwise, when Harrier already has a dark edition, what else will this bring? Regarding features, I would love to see rear disc brakes, reclining rear seats, front ventilated seats and electronic parking brake.
Old 4th July 2021, 17:23   #90
BHPian

Request fellow bhpians not tobhave high hopes on Tata with respect to this ad. We all know how much hype and wordplay Tata has made to introduce a sunroof equipped mid variant in Nexon - XM(S)

P.S But I would also love to see some mechanical or feature updates to Harrier
bwildrd#1 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks