Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2019, 10:23   #1
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 15,675
Thanked: 34,734 Times
Default FCA India boss Kevin Flynn to head FCA Australia too

Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA India, has now assumed responsibility as Managing Director of FCA Australia, but he'll also continue as Head of FCA India for now.

His successor in India will be officially announced on a later date.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st August 2019 at 10:25.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 18:32   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,417
Thanked: 2,794 Times
Default Re: Kevin Flynn is new head of Fiat Chrysler India

Any news with the top management and related to Fiat hardly invokes a read. Kevin Flynn did nothing to the Fiat brand in India during his tenure, it is a good riddance IMHO.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 21:28   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,722
Thanked: 18,192 Times
Default Re: Kevin Flynn is new head of Fiat Chrysler India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Any news with the top management and related to Fiat hardly invokes a read. Kevin Flynn did nothing to the Fiat brand in India during his tenure, it is a good riddance IMHO.
Don't think there is much of Fiat left globally except for tired Punto's and 50 shades of 500's!
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2019, 09:31   #4
BHPian
 
tarik.arora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Noida
Posts: 509
Thanked: 1,106 Times
Default Re: Kevin Flynn is new head of Fiat Chrysler India

FCA in Australia is doing pretty bad. I was looking at the numbers and realised that they have lost 50% volumes in the last 2-3 years in Australia under the previous boss. May be the management thinks that under Flynn, the loss would have been a bit less, say 40%
tarik.arora is offline  
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:04   #5
BHPian
 
21Archer84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indian abroad
Posts: 328
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: Kevin Flynn is new head of Fiat Chrysler India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Don't think there is much of Fiat left globally except for tired Punto's and 50 shades of 500's!
True. But they also have MOBI, ARGO (hatchbacks) and TORO (unibody-pickup) selling in decent numbers in Brasil.
I wish they developed new platforms for global markets. But not sure what's stopping them from doing so.
The recently displayed EV concept did garner some interest in the brand from Media and public though. Hoping to see it into production phase.
21Archer84 is online now  
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:35   #6
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,627
Thanked: 38,434 Times
Default Re: FCA India boss Kevin Flynn to head FCA Australia too

FCA India boss Kevin Flynn to head FCA Australia too - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline  
Old 2nd August 2019, 10:57   #7
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,722
Thanked: 18,192 Times
Default Re: Kevin Flynn is new head of Fiat Chrysler India

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
True. But they also have MOBI, ARGO (hatchbacks) and TORO (unibody-pickup) selling in decent numbers in Brasil.
I wish they developed new platforms for global markets. But not sure what's stopping them from doing so.
The recently displayed EV concept did garner some interest in the brand from Media and public though. Hoping to see it into production phase.
The problem is justifying numbers to develop a right hand drive version, also hatchbacks are no longer flavour of the month
ajmat is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks