Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2020, 16:29   #106
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time

In this segment the comparision is directly with Seltos. I think from looks and interiors perspective Seltos wins. One big drawback with new design is that it resembles more to venue than the costlier Tuscon. It creates sort of negative image in mind of perspective buyer if a car resembles to something much cheaper. In that front Seltos is a clear winner.
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 17:02   #107
Senior - BHPian

Disappointed. Older Creta looked much better. Tail-lamps sit high up in an SUV. Here they are almost at sedan level. Why? Headlamps aren't impressive either. Seltos looks much better.
Old 6th February 2020, 17:09   #108
BHPian

I do not like the design at all. Looks like Hyundai is handing over their entire market share to KIA on a platter. The facelifted Creta introduced 2 years ago looks so much better.
Old 6th February 2020, 17:22   #109
BHPian

I, as a fan of the previous generation Creta, I sincerely hope this thing grows on me. As many of you rightly pointed, the previous generation Creta has a charm to it. I hope what I am seeing here is not the secret agreement with sister brand .
  1. That kink at C pillar looks similar to that of Aura's (See Img)
  2. Might take some time to digest that center-mounted HMSL. In fact, might take more time to digest the whole thing
  3. Observe teaser video, the only things that look good are shown there, same as some movies where teaser scores high and the movie flops.

One question, is this is based on the same i20 platform or Elantra's?
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time-untitled.png  

Last edited by vijayshouree : 6th February 2020 at 17:33.
vijayshouree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 17:38   #110
BHPian

My friend who wanted panoramic sunroof held his Seltos delivery 2 weeks back and asked my opinion. I checked out the chinese ix25 pics and immediately said if you don't mind looking at an eye-sore daily then wait. He agreed and is now an owner of Seltos GTX+ DCT. Although the display car shown looks better than the chinese one it still is no match for the Seltos in looks.
AnandB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 18:01   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayshouree View Post
That kink at C pillar looks similar to that of Aura's
That kink in the C-pillar was there from the first generation (see image). It was a mild crease and not pronounced enough to make an odd impression.

2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time-img_20200103_1645461600x900.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 19:06   #112
BHPian

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion on the new thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...po-2020-a.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Huh! The Platform has changed - that is the most important aspect I think...The Kia Seltos is based on the Elantra Platform and so is the 2017 Verna. My understanding is that this 2020 Generation of Creta is based on the Elantra Platform and not the i20 Platform like the First Gen Creta.
Hyundai Creta first gen was built on Elantra platform (maybe i20 shares the same platform - not sure about that).

Wikipedia says:
The ix25 is based on the Hyundai–Kia platform that underpins the Kia Soul, Hyundai i30, Hyundai Elantra and Kia Cee'd (among other cars), and is similar to the Kia KX3. In India, where it went on sale on July 21, 2015, was badged "Hyundai Creta" after Crete. The name is also intended to suggest connections with "creative".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Creta

Last edited by GTO : 6th February 2020 at 19:23. Reason: Link to new thread :)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks