Team-BHP - 2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/211865-2020-hyundai-creta-spied-india-first-time.html)

The next-gen 2020 Hyundai Creta was spied in India for the first time in Salem, Tamil Nadu.

2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time-img_20190806_161829.jpg

2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time-img_20190806_161802.jpg

"The Indian-spec gets the chequered grille design (as visible in one of the spy shots). The second-gen model's design is inspired by that of the Hyundai Palisade, the brand's new flagship SUV. The new facelift will get a floating centre console that swiftly merges into the floor console and a large portrait-style touchscreen infotainment system. Unlike in the old model, there will be an electric parking brake also."

2020 Hyundai Creta spied in India for the first time-img_20190806_163256.jpg

"The Kia Seltos' 1.5L naturally aspirated petrol engine (115 PS/144 Nm) and 1.5L turbocharged diesel engine (115 PS/250 Nm), as well as the Hyundai Venue's 1.0L turbocharged petrol engine (120 PS/172 Nm), can be expected in the 5-seat version."

"There is a plan for a 7-seat Hyundai Creta for our market which may arrive in 2021. The 7-seat version could be offered with the Kia Seltos' 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol engine (140 PS/242 Nm) instead of the 1.0L engine, in addition to the 1.5L engines."

IAB

Related Tbhp thread

They had better redesign the Creta for Indian tastes, as compared to the abomination that was released in China. And Hyundai India has shown it is willing to localise. After all, it's first product for India (the Santro) had its design tweaked to make it look less radical.

The Creta is too important for the company. IMHO, it is an RBI-approved money printing machine (of course, let's see how the new entrants affect its sales).

Any idea when this is going to be launched in India? I'm planning to buy the Creta 1.4 and would like to buy it before Hyundai launches this new generation weirdo.

Hyundai would be kicking themselves if they launch the new Creta looking like that.
Thankfully, Hyundai is one manufacturer that understand the Indian market well and they know how to catch the pulse of the people.
They would definitely tone it down and it should be inoffensive if not good looking once it comes out.

I think Hyundai will bring the same ix25 to India as Creta, just like the outgoing model. Not really a fan of this design to be honest. Not sure how would it go with Indian tastes. If this comes to India as is, Creta's just going to be another "SUV" in the market, thats all.

With the competition getting better in the Looks department (Seltos, Hector, Harrier, Compass), Hyundai would be shooting themselves in both their feet if the launch the Chinese version in India. The overload of chrome
and weird design of the headlights/tail lamps look hideous :Shockked:

I doubt it would like the Chinese version. I think it would be designed more in the lines of the Venue and probably would like a larger version of it.

Unfortunately it looks too much like the iX25 in China which is not a good thing at all. The split tail lamp, the split head lamp all look too similar. I really hope that Hyundai has some nice surprise up its sleeve, if not it would be like the first gen Verna's facelift the Verna transform which we never liked but it still landed here and just reduced the numbers for Hyundai :Frustrati

Even the Chinese SUV launched in India looks much better than this! This is not designed for China, its designed by some aliens for Mars! Ugly!

Glad that Kia is here, for those looking for a reliable SUV in this segment.

My guess is that they will launch the same model in India as well (exterior look wise) apart from few changes to the grille (something like the Venue). Now that all their SUV's sport this split headlights, they will retain this for India.

Thank god the first gen is so much decent when compared to this.

With these design changes, and various engine gearbox changes if they bring sooner, they may retain the pie currently holding. Ofcourse Kia will have some part of sales taken out. Its key to watch the pricing model between these two and also with competitors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4633714)
The next-gen 2020 Hyundai Creta was spied in India for the first time in Salem, Tamil Nadu.

That front end!!!! Looks like a half-eaten dogs meal! I wonder what goes on in the mind of the designer who looked at that and thought "that looks alright".

As someone else rightly pointed out, Hyundai are well and truly shooting themselves in the foot if they launch something that looks like this, especially when there are some really nice looking cars being launched in India.

HMIL thinks that Indians like Venue's design since its position in the sales chart is in the top. But the same design language may not work out well for Creta which is INR 14+ Lakhs priced car. It would be better If Hyundai listens to customers feedback and tweak front and rear design for the Indian market.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravanekar (Post 4631908)
I think it makes sense not to power small cars with bulky euro 6 compliant engines. Engine continues to grow hence cars should grow too. But then are the electric power train any smaller than current engines? No, but atleast they are more efficient and maintenance free. You lose some and gain some I guess. I have a mixed feelings about this news. I can't seem to decide whether I like it or not.

I think it is merely a matter of time when the electric motor replaces the IC engines. I feel sad with the thought that the new generation will not get to hear the roar of an engine, the soft purr of a motor can never be the same.

This looks pretty much like the hideous ix25 unveiled in China. I hope Hyundai takes a re-look at the Indian market and rework the out of proportion Palisade design language.
The Palisade is about two shades larger than this car and compares to the likes of the Nissan Patrol and Toyota Landcruiser. Another equivalent is the Kia Telluride. These proportions seem so off on a segment this side and the car looks ungainly wide!:Shockked:
I hope this get watered down and well worked. I still like the classy pre facelift Creta the best. stupid:

Good that Hyundai has changed the rear tail lamp design. The gap between the split lamp sections is probably not there.