Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2007, 13:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Saw an Indigo DICOR ad in today's newspaper in which the car was compared with Ford Fiesta diesel, feature for feature. The specs (as compared in the ad) made the Fiesta look pale in comparison.
Old 14th February 2007, 13:33   #32
BHPian

Please post test report for the DICOR engine...
Old 15th February 2007, 20:34   #33
BHPian

Tata ads are comparing the new Indigo DICOR with Ford Fiesta, not the Swift. IMHO Swift is definitely more cramped and has no boot and has strange mini-me looks with narrow windows, offering very little visibility. It is not a family sedan but more like a cute car for single yuppies or couples.

Indigo is almost a lakh cheaper than Fiesta..with 'better' engine and more boot space if u believe Tata.

However, in terms of FE, what can one expect from this vehicle..doubt if it would beat the numbers thrown around by Ford.
Old 15th February 2007, 21:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
Tata ads are comparing the new Indigo DICOR with Ford Fiesta, not the Swift. IMHO Swift is definitely more cramped and has no boot and has strange mini-me looks with narrow windows, offering very little visibility. It is not a family sedan but more like a cute car for single yuppies or couples.

Indigo is almost a lakh cheaper than Fiesta..with 'better' engine and more boot space if u believe Tata.

However, in terms of FE, what can one expect from this vehicle..doubt if it would beat the numbers thrown around by Ford.
Lets put it this way.... for even a lakh more, i'll prefer the fiesta. Indigo just can't match the dynamics and quality of fiesta, and i am sure it will also be more reliable in the long run.
Old 15th February 2007, 22:09   #35
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Lets put it this way.... for even a lakh more, i'll prefer the fiesta. Indigo just can't match the dynamics and quality of fiesta, and i am sure it will also be more reliable in the long run.
Agree that TATA r not the most reliable ones. But, FORDs r also, equally suspected about long term reliabilty.
Old 15th February 2007, 22:15   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
If you are talking about long term reliability and maintainence costs, I would trust tata more than FORD any day.
Ford and Tata A.S.S. horror stories are equaly abundant, but a Tata horror story costs less.

But if you talk about engine smoothness and refinement, Tata does not hold a candle to ford.
But in the 5-6lakh segment, people care about cost of ownership and FE, and can live without refinement to some extent, unlike the 7L+ segment where refinement is a criteria.
Old 15th February 2007, 22:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats right said sir tsk1979, I second that, one can prefer TAT over FORD for sure!

Ford means fix and run every day !

Dicor indigo is really great deal compared with fiesta,

Indigo is better than fiesta in terms of ride comfort, space, price, long term relaibility! however one can't compare swift and indigo because swift is too cramped compared with indigo.

Swift is not practical car at all... Indigo is really family car, I can see many indigos in villages also in semi urban areas.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 16th February 2007, 05:39   #38
BHPian

plz someone post test drive of the new dicor soon...
Old 16th February 2007, 14:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you are talking about long term reliability and maintainence costs, I would trust tata more than FORD any day.
Ford and Tata A.S.S. horror stories are equaly abundant, but a Tata horror story costs less.

But if you talk about engine smoothness and refinement, Tata does not hold a candle to ford.
But in the 5-6lakh segment, people care about cost of ownership and FE, and can live without refinement to some extent, unlike the 7L+ segment where refinement is a criteria.
My statement was "if" Indigo costs "1 lakh less" than Fiesta, since somebody in his post gave the price difference. Maintenence is not an issue, quality, refinement, ride and handling are more important, AFA I am concerned. My friend own an Ikon 1.6 and the spares arent as expensive as made out at the forum. He broke his tail lamp a week back, got the new one from Ford for just 1k's, even my Palio tail lamp costs the same. Even the normal routine service at Harpreet Ford doesnt cost him much.
Old 16th February 2007, 14:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Indigo is better than fiesta in terms of ride comfort, space, price, long term relaibility!
No way dude, Have you Driven or been Driven in a Fiesta? "No" is the answer i suppose.

Most Viewed