Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2021, 12:48   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Nexa's Insta handle teases Jimny:
Nope. Unless they tease some parts or atleast the silhouette. Not gonna believe.

It is Maruti. Last thing we want is to get hopes high and find that Brezza has found its way to the Nexa showrooms, or that the Ignis did some mild dune bashing.
DicKy is offline   (68) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 12:53   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Coming to Nexa as a lifestyle product, it will be factored in the business case in terms of volumes.

The 5 door variant is expected to come later which may do more volumes as a mainstream product.
I think they read the news of 75000 booking of the Thar, and thought you know what? lets get some of those people to cancel the booking by teasing Jimny.
Black_Star is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 13:00   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Nope. Unless they tease some parts or atleast the silhouette. Not gonna believe.

It is Maruti. Last thing we want is to get hopes high and find that Brezza has found its way to the Nexa showrooms, or that the Ignis did some mild dune bashing.
Lol, so true. This is exactly what was going through my mind before posting this. But then the tyre tread marks are too aggressive for those hatchbacks.
Leoshashi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 13:52   #694
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2219339
Maybe it’s the S-Cross with AWD and the 1.4L turbo petrol. One can always dream.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 15:32   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Lol, so true. This is exactly what was going through my mind before posting this. But then the tyre tread marks are too aggressive for those hatchbacks.
If it is indeed the Jimny, then this might just be the havoc.

However, since we know how Maruti works, I fear this could be just another advertisement campaign for the ageing S-Cross
theAutomaniac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 16:00   #696
BHPian

One can dream I suppose. Earlier this year the service head of one of the biggest dealerships in Bangalore did tell me that the Jimny was in the works, who knows how long Maruti will take. I’d love to get my hands on one though, if they do it justice and don’t water it down that is.
RT13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 16:25   #697

Desperately hope Maruti brings this in, and along with this hope Maruti turns a page and gives us quality build and latest power trains. Historically transition happened at Maruti Suzuki twice, once with the launch of Zen in 1990s and second time with the launch of the Swift in mid 2000s. Hope Jimny turns out to be the third cornerstone.
Hareesh27 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 18:34   #698
BHPian

Don't have high hopes for these Ads from MSIL/NEXA social handles until we get the final product release.
They could even sell the S-Presso (which is positioned as SUV in their official website) under N E X A dealerships.
ash22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 19:07   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last thing we want is to get hopes high and find that Brezza has found its way to the Nexa showrooms, or that the Ignis did some mild dune bashing.
good one
IMO, MSIL is even less likely to bring in those tyres to the Brezza, let alone the Ignis but I second your post from the old cricketing superstition, say the opposite of what you wish for.

I think MSIL has reached its culmination point of spreading frustration among enthusiasts, they should do something about it by launching something interesting and like I mentioned in another thread, if they try to pass off a limited edition sticker and garnish model I will throw something at them. Most likely those tyres which made those marks, with the wheels attached which won't be alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Maybe it’s the S-Cross with AWD and the 1.4L turbo petrol. One can always dream.
Your post made me tear up.
1.4 turbo, 6 speed TC, rear AC vents and power outlets, updated cabin like we see in the Baleno's spy shots!
The Transformer finally gets transformed (tears of joy)

Last edited by shancz : 15th October 2021 at 19:23. Reason: added quote response
shancz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 21:39   #700
BHPian

Personally I would want Maruti to work on the front look of the car. Right now it is too cute for an off-roader. Suppose you go on an off-road meet with your buddies, who brought their Thars and Gurkhas. You would look like a guy dressed in pink t-shirt and pink trousers with pink socks peeking through (not that it is a bad thing but family members may not agree). If they make it just a little bit macho looking that would be great. I would love to own a truly fill-it-shut-it type proper off-roader.
Learner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 21:44   #701
Senior - BHPian

With the recent rumors and sightings, this might not be the Jimny. It might very well be the Vitara (not the Brezza) instead.
akash_v12 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 01:37   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
With the recent rumors and sightings, this might not be the Jimny. It might very well be the Vitara (not the Brezza) instead.
As much as I would love to see the 3-door Jimny on our roads, I agree with akash_v12 - it's more likely to be the full-size Vitara. Here's why I think so:

• Given Maruti's dwindling market share, they'd want something that would steal the thunder away from the Korean twins and the XUV700.

• The Jimny is a utilitarian vehicle, and I can't see how it would fit under Nexa's executive brand image.

• This is a bit of a long shot, but the wheel track and tyre width in the teaser suggest something much larger than a Jimny.
That said, I'd be happy to be proven wrong, for I too am among those waiting eagerly for the Jimny to arrive for years .

Cheers!

Last edited by Turbojc : 16th October 2021 at 01:39.
Turbojc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 03:39   #703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
As much as I would love to see the 3-door Jimny on our roads, I agree with akash_v12 - it's more likely to be the full-size Vitara. Here's why I think so:

• Given Maruti's dwindling market share, they'd want something that would steal the thunder away from the Korean twins and the XUV700.

• The Jimny is a utilitarian vehicle, and I can't see how it would fit under Nexa's executive brand image.

• This is a bit of a long shot, but the wheel track and tyre width in the teaser suggest something much larger than a Jimny.
With due respect, here's why I'm pretty sure it's not the Global Vitara we are expecting:

-Its pretty small and is not even 4.2m long and sits on a 2500mm wheelbase(same as our Vitara Brezza). Space inside is largely same. The S Cross is larger than the Global Vitara. The Korean Twins/Harrier/XUV700 are much larger.

-If Maruti ever had any intention of bringing it here, they'd have done it by now. They had the model when Creta was arriving to the scene in 2015. Infact, Brezza is nothing but the cheapened version of the Global Vitara, chiseled to fit our 4m rule.

Thus all its spottings will be limited to testing platforms and powertrains and I'm not expecting it to come to our shores anytime soon.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 07:34   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Voah voah!!! Hold your horses. Maruti would rather allocate some Jimnys that are already made here instead of a model with unnecessary all new(for India) drivetrains and fancy engines.

That said. The upcoming Creta rival D22 project will probably have a turbo petrol option and is rumoured to get AWD too. So you could dream of an AWD turbo petrol Maruti. But not in the current S-cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
As much as I would love to see the 3-door Jimny on our roads, I agree with akash_v12 - it's more likely to be the full-size Vitara. Here's why I think so:...[*]Given Maruti's dwindling market share, they'd want something that would steal the thunder away from the Korean twins and the XUV700.
The One they are planning to steal the thunder away from is with the D22 project ( Creta rival)

The Jimny is probably them getting restless over the Thar's success.
Quote:
With due respect, here's why I'm pretty sure it's not the Global Vitara we are expecting:...
-If Maruti ever had any intention of bringing it here, they'd have done it by now. They had the model when Creta was arriving to the scene in 2015. Infact, Brezza is nothing but the cheapened version of the Global Vitara, chiseled to fit our 4m rule.
True. Definitely not the Vitara. It is due for a generation change. Also Maruti is already planning to do a Brezza in the Creta segment. Though instead of shortening they are stretching the DNGA platform.

Also we should have seen spy/scoop pics by now. Not getting teased on the company's instagram page.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 08:30   #705
BHPian

I am not dancing with joy. Knowing MSIL I expect them to launch the Baleno Cross with a 800cc engine and ask us to cross the Thar desert in it.
sridhar-v is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed