Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2022, 21:42   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
2. In the entire Europe, Jimny's average monthly sales were around 100 units in 2020 (Source: https://carsalesbase.com/europe-suzuki-jimny/). (2021 is not considered as they had to withdraw the car because of emission norms).

Suzuki can easily launch it in India and garner an average sales of 3K units, IMO.
Suzuki's consistent excuse has been not to compare India with 'developed' markets, with far greater income. The truth is suzuki has been struggling in developed markets.

The Thar is a far more comprehensive vehicle from any perspective and sells approx. 5k units every month and is only restrained by production limitations. This proves there is a big market for lifestyle UVs in India.

So rather than sell a few units of Jimmy in Europe, why not target the sales potential in India? Even if it fails in India, maruti will sell more Jimmys here than the whole of Europe!
shortbread is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 15:12   #857

A Mercy Petition Addressed To Maruti Suzuki

Dear [Maruti] Suzuki,

A great injustice is being wrought in India. Thousands of adventure-seeking Indian, unjustly and heartlessly denied the chance of driving a Jimny, are rapidly becoming, like me, obsolete.

Take pity on these gaunt, unfortunate souls who flock to the edge of the hghway to Kandla, slavering as your container ships bear these beutiful machines away to foreign lands.

They smart under the affront of seeing these Jimnys [or is it Jimnies?] built in the land where the Himalayas sprawl, where the Thar stretches its sands under the moon and the Nilgiris and the Ghats rise over the peninsula, oh so cruelly carried off to distant shores.

Show mercy on the lost souls of a generation of Indian motorists.

Bring home the Jimny.

To where it was born.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st April 2022 at 18:44. Reason: Adding paragraph break for better readability.
molesad is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 08:29   #858
BANNED

Source: https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...-thar/91800712

5-door Jimny coming in mid 2023.

Not everyone need the extra wide and go-somewhere Thar to drive in crowded cities. A much narrower Jimny will suit many customers.

Now, time to stop the talks. Act, Maruti.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 26th May 2022 at 08:35.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 10:52   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Jimny for India:

- Maruti will launch the Jimny as a 5 door SUV, they will also get a 3-row version with 7 seat option( Grand Vitara ?) and 3 door version too could be launched.

- Launch is likely to take place in Q2 of 2023 calendar year.

- Production was slated to start in May 2022, now delayed due to the chip shortage.

- First year production target is set at 75k units for the Jimny 5 door.

- Diesel variant is being discussed but chances are bleak.

- The production of the five-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny was about to start by February 2023 but it has now been pushed to March or April due to the supply chain constraints

- The pilot trial for the five-door Jimny will reportedly begin in January 2023 and the off-roader will be localised to about 70 per cent initially.

- Pre Production of the SUV likely to start in the second half of 2022.

- Maruti Suzuki is on a product offensive especially on SUV launches.

- Some variants of the 5 door Jimny will be exported to select countries too.

But one doubt still remains, where are/were the test mules running?

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th May 2022 at 11:14.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 11:13   #860
Senior - BHPian

I may be wrong but are they trying to make crude, compact, boxy, not tough, and not feature rich utility vehicle in to a big family car?

Who is going to buy it?
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 11:46   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I may be wrong but are they trying to make crude, compact, boxy, not tough, and not feature rich utility vehicle in to a big family car?

Who is going to buy it?
Add expensive to the list.
When they are retailing Ignis in the 6.5 - 9.5 lakh rupee bracket (on-road price), a 5 door Jimny is sure to breach the INR 1 million price mark comfortably. I doubt it will sell in good numbers at that price point. For Maruti, a monthly sales volume of 1 - 2 thousand cars wouldn't mean much. I don't think Maruti is serious about Jimny. I would be really happy to be proved wrong.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 12:04   #862
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Jimny for India:

- Maruti will launch the Jimny as a 5 door SUV, they will also get a 3-row version with 7 seat option( Grand Vitara ?) and 3 door version too could be launched.
If this news of 5-door-5-seater, 5-door-7-seater and 3 door launch is true, my wish in 2019 is coming partially true!

Quote:
Since they are looking for a boost to the Indian sales, and as 'Gypsy' has tremendous brand value here in India, it can be made as a family of Suvs:

1) A 3.6meter 2-door 4-seater version with 1.2L NA engine (7-10L price range)
2) A 4m 5-door 5-seater version with 1.2L boosterjet engine (9-12L)
3) A 4.3m 5-door 7-seater with the 1.4L boosterjet engine (12-15L)

Quote:
Now it will unfold why the boosterjet engine is being tested in India.
Oh yes - that Swift sport doing rounds here!

I think I can give some more free advice to their product planners!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 26th May 2022 at 12:24.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 12:10   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If this news of 5-door-5-seater, 5-door-7-seater and 3 door launch is true, my wish in 2019 is coming partially true!
Now it will unfold why the boosterjet engine is being tested in India.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 16:35   #864
BHPian

Yet another rumour on the Jimny

I have lost count of the number of rumours regarding Jimny. Every 2-5 months a new rumour crops up.

Will take this one too with a pinch of salt, until Maruti officially announces the launch.

Last edited by tanbeamer : 26th May 2022 at 16:35. Reason: Punctuation
tanbeamer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 21:32   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki Jimny for India
There is no 7 seater Jimny in the works as far as I know. Nor is there any plan to launch a 3 door version in India. If they wanted, they could have done so when they started exports from India. And Suzuki and Diesel do not mingle anymore. The rest seems fairly accurate.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th May 2022 at 21:56. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Carma2017 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 21:58   #866
BHPian

Quote:
There's no way this is true! The Jimny 5 door as per internally leaked documents from last year, was a WagonR sized 5 seater. There's no way Maruti will fit 3 rows into a 3.8m long car or stretch the OG Jimny 3 door into two different guises!

And no, diesels too aren't expected as they do not have any diesel engine across the world (Nor in partnership with Fiat!)

So yeah, this article is as true as promises done by our leaders!
theAutomaniac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 16:57   #867
BHPian

If I had a penny for every rumor about Jimny launching in India, I could’ve imported it from Japan with that money.
casnov is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 20:40   #868
BHPian

So far every news about Jimny coming to India is from some website (their source: trust them, gentlemen) and none from the official outlet. They launched the s-presso, looked at the familiar grill and mandela effect'd their way into thinking they launched the jimny.
ubermensch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 22:42   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermensch View Post
So far every news about Jimny coming to India is from some website (their source: trust them, gentlemen) and none from the official outlet. They launched the s-presso, looked at the familiar grill and mandela effect'd their way into thinking they launched the jimny.
I think most auto websites use Jimny news as an effective clickbait! On a low traffic day, make up some random news about the Jimny and push it out. A three row Jimny makes zero sense!
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 00:52   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Who is going to buy it?
If this new Jimny is like the Suzuki katana 5 door from indonesia but in Jimny, i Will
wacso is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks