Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 13:04   #466
BHPian

Re: Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?

The Jimny is slated to launch in India in June'22. As per the RFQ's issued to suppliers, June'21 will be the start of trial production. The market launch for India is planned for June'22. That's the reason it was showcased at the Auto Expo'2020 as well. This information is as per the official RFQ document released by MSIL.
anandseth01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 14:22   #467
Senior - BHPian

The news reporting quality is absolute trash sometimes. See for example a link my friend sent to me after I bought Thar. He said you could have waited a month becuase Jimny is coming!

I was very surprised because there was absolutely no concrete news until the day before and how is Autocarindia saying Jimny is coming to showrooms in January 2021? So I read the article.

And the actual news talks nothing about launch in January or any time soon. They just beat around the bush and spew information that every tbhp reader knows by now.
I'm pretty sure my friend just read the URL and passed it on, exactly how misinformation/disinformation spreads now a days.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ry-2021-419461
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 15:50   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandseth01 View Post
The Jimny is slated to launch in India in June'22. As per the RFQ's issued to suppliers, June'21 will be the start of trial production. The market launch for India is planned for June'22. That's the reason it was showcased at the Auto Expo'2020 as well. This information is as per the official RFQ document released by MSIL.
Wont be surprised if Maruti chickens out at the last minute! The company has zero interest in doing anything innovative or serving a nice segment.

They had announced the launch of their electric car, made a lot of noise, flagged of a fleet of EVs.....now decided not to venture into EVs.

Maruti likes to do one thing; make mediocre, cheap and light petrol cars and ensure it keeps the Suzuki car business afloat.
Old 7th January 2021, 16:39   #469
BHPian

Honestly if I had to buy something for weekend offroading I'd rather have a Jimny than a Thar. There's something honest and playful about it. Plus I guess the quality would be a lot better. Jimny might be a fun city daily driver too !
NDK286 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 21:39   #470
BHPian

Maruti is not going to launch three-door Jimny in Indian market in near future.

Maruti India Engineering head Mr. C V Raman clarified the stand for not launching Jimny here. As per this article which was published in Cartoq, Mr. Raman dismissed the idea of launching Jimny, in an interview with What Car? India.

The link of Cartoq article is given below.

https://www.cartoq.com/marutis-engin...jimny-rumours/

Thanks.
Subby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 00:00   #471
BANNED

All maruti is interested in us big numbers in sales and profit, enthusiatists in India are idiots according to them. High time we take a stand and black flagging all their vehicles.
Their attitude towards the Indian customer can be very easily made out by them refusing to send vehicles to Global NCAP for testing. They just let Indian die in their cheap made only for India cars.
Drlmtukkar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 08:50   #472
Senior - BHPian

Scoop: More details on India-spec Maruti Jimny

Earlier this week, we had reported that Maruti is working on a 5-door Jimny for the Indian Market. Now, we have got some more information on the carmaker's plans.

The Jimny is codenamed YWD. As reported earlier, only the 5-door version will be made available for the domestic market. Drawings have been finalised and requests for quotations (RFQs) will be submitted to domestic suppliers within January 2021.

Maruti is targeting a July 2022 launch date for the Jimny in India. The car will be powered by a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine.

At present, Maruti Suzuki is producing 1,200-1,500 units of the 3-door Jimny per month. These are only for exports. The company has no intention of selling this version in India.

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via the Team-BHP share page!

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-www.teambhp.com36.jpeg

Link to the Team-BHP News
blackwasp is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:20   #473
BHPian

I'm pretty sure a day ago the news was that Jimny is never launching in India and now this. What is happening, Suzuki?

Last edited by DriverNo.420 : 8th January 2021 at 10:30.
Old 8th January 2021, 10:33   #474
BHPian

Will Suzuki sell the Jimny in India when it is about to be phased out in global markets? Just like Volkswagen sold the Polo GTi in India for stock clearance? Come on Suzuki,enough of this ill-treatment towards the market which gives you the most profits!
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 11:03   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
At present, Maruti Suzuki is producing 1,200-1,500 units of the 3-door Jimny per month. These are only for exports. The company has no intention of selling this version in India.
& I ( & Most BHPians, Purists) have no intention of buying the '5 Door' variant. WE WANT THE Japanese/Global Spec '3 DOOR' Variant to be sold in India.

^ Strong Message for Maruti Suzuki India.

PS - No Disrespect to 5 Door Variant Target Audience/BHPians/Buyers.
karan561 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:56   #476
BHPian

I remember seeing a post on instagram page of Autocar India about Jimny being in showrooms in January 2021 in India. Was that a hoax?
Old 8th January 2021, 15:43   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
I remember seeing a post on instagram page of Autocar India about Jimny being in showrooms in January 2021 in India. Was that a hoax?
To be honest, we dont know. The above news is a scoop, and the previous one was also a scoop from automotive journalists. We are yet to see a 5 door variant on test too. Its a good 2 years away and if they aren't launching the 3-door version now, its definitely an opportunity missed by Maruti Suzuki.

The last news was that Jimny will be in Nexa by January 2021. Now it looks likely to be January 2023. So much for those scoops/birdies/spy's etc.
Old 8th January 2021, 17:43   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
There is a difference between a Mahindra and a Jimny , pls do not underestimate the power of mechanical integrity and pedigree , I for one would buy the Jimny even if it was priced on par with the Thar top end , thats what I would pay for a genuine world class package , that would last me the next 15 years

(Past generation Thar owner here ) so no WhatsApp university or global knowledge being offered
How are you sure, that the Jimny launched here will be same as the one sold internationally?

The structural differences between the European and Indian Ignis launched by the same brand is noticeable, the side impact protection beams are first one to get annexed. The features getting deleted are something to write a page about.
Old 8th January 2021, 17:49   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAtlas View Post
How are you sure, that the Jimny launched here will be same as the one sold internationally?

The structural differences between the European and Indian Ignis launched by the same brand is noticeable, the side impact protection beams are first one to get annexed. The features getting deleted are something to write a page about.
If they delete any more structural stuff from the jimny, we will not get a 5 door option but a no door option.

Jimmy is already extremely light and structurally not the best for sustained freeway speeds.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 19:49   #480

We should have a poll for people interested in the 3 door international spec Jimny Vs the 5 door made for India version. I think it will be really one sided.
autounion is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks