Team-BHP - Maruti likely to renew Maruti 800 with a brand new car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti likely to renew Maruti 800 with a brand new car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/21224-maruti-likely-renew-maruti-800-brand-new-car.html)

Source: Maruti likely to renew Maruti 800 with a brand new car | Tech News at TechWhack

Rumours suggest the new car to be launched sometime next year. If the pics in the above website mentioned website is true, thats an awesome revamp to an 800.

Abstracts from the article
India auto magazines have speculated that this updated model might be based on the concept model Cervo from Suzuki.

Maruti is also likely to launch a new car based on the 660cc small car being developed at Suzuki’s headquarters in Hamamatsu, Japan.
This car could become the next best selling model from Maruti and would take on the much talked about Rs. 1 lakh car from Tata Motors.

When this happens, first time car buyers - the M800 brigade, will feel justifiably proud that their steeds can hold their own with other cars on the road, and not become a part of the background

LoL,
how come this car replace M800.
if a similar looking car is introduced by maruti, it would be between estilo and alto.
that car looks plush. and did they mention as competition to 1 lakh car.... lol:. they must be kidding. It would not be less than 3 lakhs if it completely manufactured locally..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 370933)
LoL,
if a similar looking car is introduced by maruti, it would be between estilo and alto.
that car looks plush. and did they mention as competition to 1 lakh car.... lol:. they must be kidding. It would not be less than 3 lakhs if it completely manufactured locally..

If you read carefully 1 lakh car is second car (660 CC) not 800CC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo (Post 370956)
If you read carefully 1 lakh car is second car (660 CC) not 800CC.

MY mistake. I take back the second part of my post.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 370933)
LoL,
"that car looks plush. and did they mention as competition to 1 lakh car.... lol:. they must be kidding. It would not be less than 3 lakhs if it completely manufactured locally.."

hmm, thats going to be another car with 660cc??? hmmm, i think those cars are known as kie-cars in japan.
but still doubt whether the 660 will be priced against 1 lakh car.
Also most of the latest kie-cars are turbocharged. I think they might launch the non-turbo version to reduce the costs.

Wow.. that's cute. The whole Indian auto scene is poised for a make-over. I'm sure, Maruti/Tata shares would fetch you a handsome profit in coming years... like the Infy.

if this is the next maruti 800, then i think people will stop buying Swift and will start buying this 1.

Cervo replacing M800 sounds interesting. But Cervo look too beautiful and it can undercut Maruti's other model although they seems to be correctly spaced apart from product positioning. What about engine upgrade to 800 CC to Cervo too as first time buyer in India would want one car to do all duty and not just commuting within city.

It seems this year and coming years belongs Maruti and they seem to be in no mood to let thier market share go down.

Wonder how effective the airconditioning would be in a 660cc car, given our climate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by askicode
Maruti is also likely to launch a new car based on the 660cc small car being developed at Suzuki’s headquarters in Hamamatsu, Japan.
This car could become the next best selling model from Maruti and would take on the much talked about Rs. 1 lakh car from Tata Motors.

Hmmm. That sounds interesting. A nice, reliable small car (2-door, 2-seater if possible) with real good FE.
MUL, add me to the list of potential customers. :)

heres more pics of this car. hope this one makes it here:

juicy huh ;) ?

IMHO if something like the pics is going to be introduced i am ready for it with open arms no matter its 600 CC.. after all its 1 lac+ car and will be driven in city ...

Swwwweeeeeettt! I doubt it'll be released for anything less than 2.5 lakhs though - maybe they'll sell the 800 for about 1.25 lakhs, bring the Alto down one notch & sell this in place of the existing Alto.

The interiors & specs look wayyy too plush for an entry level car.

The report talks of 2 cars .. one to replace the 800 at the existing price point and another 660cc car at a lower price.

If they price the Cervo lookalike (with say the Alto engine) lesser than the Alto, then the latter may not sell. As elf mentioned, they might have the new 660cc car followed by the Alto and then the Cervo, within the 3L bracket.

i think this would have been a better replacement for the zen.