Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2021, 17:53   #136
BHPian

Re: Cost for transfer of registration from one State/Place to another

Why is the multiplication factor 1.25% used. Does that means i am going to pay 25% more if i opt for 2 year road tax?
Old 29th April 2021, 18:25   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank View Post
Why is the multiplication factor 1.25% used. Does that means i am going to pay 25% more if i opt for 2 year road tax?
I think so. I think that is fair. because you are paying 15 year road tax in 7/8 installments over the period of 15 years, instead of one time lump-sum payment during purchase of car. You can consider this to be interest on your road-tax.

This is approximately 4.5% annual interest.

Last edited by toroid : 29th April 2021 at 18:28.
toroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 13:08   #138

Note:- Mods, I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this query. Please move it to the right thread if found inappropriate.

Hi Members,

I am seeking your valuable inputs regrading my vehicle transfer. I am presently located in Chennai and I have a car registered in AP( Ciaz, 2 years Old, 12k run, Petrol) and moving to Bangalore this month. Little bit about myself.

- Car is 90% used for holiday trips and home town travel( currently in Chennai and home town near Vijayawada) and 10% in City
- Visits my home town in AP once in 3 months

I have below three options to consider and seeking your inputs.

- Keep the car as AP registered and use it for holidays and home travel like I do presently in Chennai. Use 2 wheeler or cabs as much as possible in city. As i am travelling to home town frequently, confused how they calculate one year of stay in bangalore.

- Sell the car in AP and buy new one in Bangalore. But I feel, car prices have been increased a lot in these two years and may need to shell out around 14L+

- Consider changing the resgistartion to KA by paying the road tax. Not sure how tedious this is. I am OK to pay the road tax provided resgistartion transfer happens without much issues. I feel this is better rather than going for a new car as my car has run only for 12K and is in very good condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks