Team-BHP - Cost for transfer of registration from one State/Place to another
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cost for transfer of registration from one State/Place to another (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/21267-cost-transfer-registration-one-state-place-another-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zee_bat (Post 3911054)
I have a question, purchasing a used bike from Hyderabad to get to Delhi. What would your advice in regard to refund of road tax from Hyderabad be? Can I get the refund first and then register in Delhi? Or will the Delhi registration have to be paid first.

Is the refund in full? The seller is willing to cooperate with the transfer and refund.

I might be wrong here, so please correct me if I am.

From my understanding so far, you would have to pay the road tax and get it registered in Delhi first before you can claim the refund in Hyderabad.

I can't advice you, because currently I am in the same boat as to claiming a road tax refund from Tamil Nadu after my registration in Andhra Pradesh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetvar26 (Post 3911476)
I might be wrong here, so please correct me if I am.

From my understanding so far, you would have to pay the road tax and get it registered in Delhi first before you can claim the refund in Hyderabad.

I can't advice you, because currently I am in the same boat as to claiming a road tax refund from Tamil Nadu after my registration in Andhra Pradesh.

I've tried finding out from a couple of people. One has to pay road tax upfront and then claim refund. I also read it could take up to a year to get a refund. A friend however told me that no used vehicles from other states are now bwing registered in Delhi due to emission and pollution problems. This seems hearsay since this isn't mentioned anywhere in the supreme court order! Why don't we have a streamlined online system!

Hello folks, need a help!

I am getting a Laura TSi 2010 Model, Clocked around 47,000 Kms in Kolkata but it's New Delhi Wazir pur registered. Now, what do I need to do to run it safely in my city?
Getting it re-registered would be quiet an expensive affair. I have a budget of 3 Lakhs and this seems to be an extremely good deal. In Delhi, the car's tax has been paid till 2020. What should I do now?

Hello everyone,

So I purchased a used 2015 VW Jetta on 20th September 2016 and transfer procedure in currently underway. The car was owned by Volkswagen and has a MH14 registration which means Chakan. The transfer process is being done by the dealer from where I bought the car.

I live in Mumbai and the car will be registered on my company name which is located in Thane.

As per what I have understood of the transfer procedure is as follows:

- Need to receive NOC from Pune RTO first
- Once NOC is received, the car is eligible for transfer from Pune RTO to Thane RTO

The NOC was obtained around two weeks ago. The dealer informed me that the entire transfer process takes around 4-6 weeks as the car was registered in Pune and it takes time to get the NOC. Is there any way I can check the status of the transfer procedure other than checking with the dealer?

Once transfer is done, what are the documents that must be handed over to me?

Once the transfer is done you will get an RC book with an endorsement showing you as the owner. You should already have got a sale receipt, and a transfer of insurance letter where the existing policy on the car is made over to you. Oh yes you'll have got the car, keys, service manual etc etc whatever is available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4077600)
Once the transfer is done you will get an RC book with an endorsement showing you as the owner. You should already have got a sale receipt, and a transfer of insurance letter where the existing policy on the car is made over to you. Oh yes you'll have got the car, keys, service manual etc etc whatever is available.

Car, keys (both), sales receipt, service manual, etc is handed over to us.

We haven't transferred the insurance yet as it will expire on 31st December 2016.

Whatever - if you don't want to transfer the insurance as it has so less to run, dump it and get a fresh insurance in your name. Don't operate the car with insurance in someone else's name.

No matter if you don't get an accident / need to make an insurance claim till then but if you do, and the insurance is not in your name ..?

Hello everyone,

I need some help from the experts here. I am moving to Bangalore in next few months. Now, I have a Santro 2009 model which has done 91K kms. After a lot of thought, I have decided to take my car to Bangalore and register it there. But I have a few questions.

1. I know that I need to obtain an NOC from the Delhi RTO office. Is there any other document which I need to get from Delhi or NOC is sufficient?

2. With the NOC in hand, when I reach Bangalore and go to the RTO office, what are the documents which I need to carry?

3. As I am new to Bangalore, I would not have any address proof. Would the rent agreement be a satisfactory address proof for the RTO?

Please share your thoughts on the above queries.

Hi, I transferred a Ford Fiesta from Delhi to Bangalore.
This is what I did:
Applied for NoC in Delhi RTO (Raja Garden). Got it in 30 days.
Paid Karnataka road tax and got the approval to drive the Delhi no. car in Bangalore.
Applied for no. change in Bangalore.
Bangalore RTO waited 3 months to hear of any objections from Delhi.
Upon receiving no communication within the prescribed time limit, they allotted me a KA no.
I then went to Delhi and applied for a road tax refund.
Got the refund in 3 months.
Entire process took about 9 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympal (Post 4123987)
Hi, I transferred a Ford Fiesta from Delhi to Bangalore.
This is what I did:
Applied for NoC in Delhi RTO (Raja Garden). Got it in 30 days.
Paid Karnataka road tax and got the approval to drive the Delhi no. car in Bangalore.
Applied for no. change in Bangalore.
Bangalore RTO waited 3 months to hear of any objections from Delhi.
Upon receiving no communication within the prescribed time limit, they allotted me a KA no.
I then went to Delhi and applied for a road tax refund.
Got the refund in 3 months.
Entire process took about 9 months.

Thanks for the reply Olympal. While registering in Bangalore, what all documents were required? And how did you manage the Address proof part? Is rent agreement accepted?

For your 2009 car it will be cheaper and easier to sell it in Delhi itself rather run after both the Delhi and the bangalore rto to fulfil all the formalities

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 4123942)
1. I know that I need to obtain an NOC from the Delhi RTO office. Is there any other document which I need to get from Delhi or NOC is sufficient?

2. With the NOC in hand, when I reach Bangalore and go to the RTO office, what are the documents which I need to carry?

3. As I am new to Bangalore, I would not have any address proof. Would the rent agreement be a satisfactory address proof for the RTO?

1. NOC is sufficient, no other documents will be required from base/parent RTO
2. Valid NOC, address proof, relevant forms along with fee (road tax) Some RTOs ask for recent pollution certificate and insurance copy
3. With the rent agreement get an affidavit from Notary (If you are employed, affidavit can be provided against a letter from Company regarding your local address)

Just another quick information required.

What is the normal time required for the RTO in Delhi to issue an NOC to me? Say, if I apply this weekend, by when can I expect the NOC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 4125579)
Just another quick information required.

What is the normal time required for the RTO in Delhi to issue an NOC to me? Say, if I apply this weekend, by when can I expect the NOC?

Three or four day process.

1. Apply for a police NOC first to show that the car doesn't have any theft or other cases against it. Usually they'll accept your documents and tell you to come back the next afternoon for the certificate.

2. Submit the police NOC + documents at the RTO - hopefully the same day if you get the police NOC early enough

3. Collect the NOC from the RTO in another day or two

Documents = Original RC in a plastic envelope (to the RTO, police just get a copy of your RC), insurance, pollution certificate, a set of RTO forms ..

Hello everyone...need your advice on the following :)

I'm considering buying a used car from Delhi and would like to move/transfer the car to Hyderabad since I live in Hyderabad. I'm aware that I will have to pay road tax of 14% to register the car at Hyderabad RTO but I'm not clear on some questions :

1. When I pay road tax in Hyderabad will be be on the ex showroom price of the original invoice? Is there a provision to discount the ex showroom price since its a used car and has car value has depreciated as much as 45%(assuming its a 3 year car. IT act allow 15% depreciation)? Depreciated value consideration will significantly lower road tax load on me.
2. Once I pay road tax in Hyderabad, will I be able to claim back the road tax paid by the original owner in Delhi? Will it be paid back to the original owner or the present registered owner?

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.