Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2018, 15:35   #121
BHPian

Re: Cost for transfer of registration from one State/Place to another

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to pick-up a pre-owned Tata Xenon XT from Hyderabad (AP registered car). It is a 2013 model and I would like to transfer it to Bangalore. An RTO agent in know (Kasturinagar RTO) says we need the invoice of the vehicle to calculate Road Tax. Can anyone help me estimate how much this would cost? Or if anyone has an invoice, that would help.
Old 10th December 2018, 16:16   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawan_dubey View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to pick-up a pre-owned Tata Xenon XT from Hyderabad (AP registered car). It is a 2013 model and I would like to transfer it to Bangalore. An RTO agent in know (Kasturinagar RTO) says we need the invoice of the vehicle to calculate Road Tax. Can anyone help me estimate how much this would cost? Or if anyone has an invoice, that would help.
17% of the invoice value (or rather 17% of whatever cost the RTO has for the car in their internal tables, reduced pro rata based on the car age).

And the process will take a few months. Don't buy out of state cars, just not worth the trouble and extra cost.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 16:21   #123
BHPian

Thanks a ton for the helpful information! I'm not able to find a decent Xenon XT 4x4 in Karnataka. Hence the plan.
Old 12th February 2019, 01:46   #124
BHPian

Hi guys, I seem to have found what looks like the only 2018 Octavia vRS currently on sale in India. It's a May 2018 registered car, done around 4k and looks to be in great condition. Problem is it's registered in Hyderabad and I live in Mumbai. I'm planning to fly down and have a look at the car, but before I do that, I thought I'd ask - How much do you think re-registering it to Mumbai would set me back?

I know it's a hassle and an expense, but considering there's no new vRS stock on the horizon for a year or so, I'm wondering if it would be worth it. I assume the car itself would cost around 25-27L after negotiation, so any ballpark figures on the registration cost would be appreciated! Also, how long do you think the entire process would take?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th June 2020 at 14:57. Reason: spacing
Old 12th February 2019, 05:58   #125
Senior - BHPian

So the NOC is almost free and takes like a day or two of your time. The seller needs to give it.

You just need to pay life tax afresh on the car in Mumbai so once you pay the money over your headache is gone.. The changed RC will reach you in a couple of months but till then the RTO acknowledgement slip they give you back is more than enough.

Life tax on a near new car will be steep of course. I think 7 to 14% of the invoice value in Maharashtra. Pro rata reduction on the car age won't be much as it is nearly new.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 12:41   #126
BHPian

Thanks for the info! Thankfully Frank Mehta informed me that the vRS in question had a blown engine post remap, which is why it's being sold, so I'll be staying away from it!
zebanaff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 10:48   #127

Dear fellow BHPians

Need some advice. My car is having Karnataka (KA) registration (Year 2019) and I have moved from Bengaluru to Pune (Maharashtra). My car is under loan from SBI Bengaluru for a period of 3 years. I have enquired from SBI Loan Department and they have stated that they will not provide NOC, until loan is cleared, which needs to be shown in Bengaluru RTO to avail the transfer.

I would like to know how can I transfer the registration from Bengaluru to Pune. Please suggest if any online facility is available. Can I drive in Pune without transferring the registration till my loan is cleared?

All suggestions are welcome.
Regards

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th June 2020 at 14:57. Reason: spacing
RupamK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 20:45   #128
Senior - BHPian

You can drive it in Pune for upto a year before you have to re-register it in Maharashtra.

If you are staying for longer than that in Pune, sell the car, pay off your loan and use the remainder to buy a new (or lightly used) car with MH plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupamK View Post
Dear fellow BHPians
Need some advice. My car is having Karnataka (KA) registration (Year 2019) and I have moved from Bengaluru to Pune (Maharashtra). My car is under loan from SBI Bengaluru for a period of 3 years. I have enquired from SBI Loan Department and they have stated that they will not provide NOC, until loan is cleared, which needs to be shown in Bengaluru RTO to avail the transfer.
I would like to know how can I transfer the registration from Bengaluru to Pune. Please suggest if any online facility is available. Can I drive in Pune without transferring the registration till my loan is cleared?
All suggestions are welcome.
Regards
Old 15th June 2020, 12:44   #129
BHPian

Hi all,

Looked at the most recent thread that was active on Vehicle transfer related matters and requesting for inputs from learned members.

In 2014, my 2005 Baleno was a declared a total loss by Insurance (Iffco Tokio) and was auctioned through a third party dealer.

The successful bidder had to pay me directly and settle the matter. I know this sounds fishy, but from a process point of view I found it legitimate. As "A" buyer is buying the car from me, form 29 and 30 duly discharged and also I have a signed declaration which was Notarized from the buyer that he is solely responsible for the vehicle that moment onwards.

Due to lengthy RC cancellation procedure and that I was on crutches almost incapacitated, I decided that the above was safe enough.

The buyer was a scrap dealer from Kurla CST road and the next day on my way to my office in BKC, saw my vehicle being scrapped. That put my mind at ease.

Today, while checking out the Vaahan site, out of curiosity I checked my old vehicle status to see if the RC shows inactive, (15 years are now over since date of Registration) and to my surprise I find the Site shows that the Insurance was active till Nov 2019.

I crossed checked the insurance details on my other vehicles and all are showing accurate information, which is now worrying me.

Question to all, is there some way I can find out more about this insurance policy that seems attached to the RC.

Last edited by shivshanker : 15th June 2020 at 12:46.
Old 15th June 2020, 13:50   #130
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Which of the two cases are easier and hassle free?
Case 1: If I buy a UP registered car on my UP address and transfer it to RJ. I have to pay tax in RJ and apply for refund in UP. I have to deal with both RTOs and amount comes or goes to my accounts.

Case 2: If I buy a UP registered car on my RJ address with NOC etc. I pay tax for RJ. Who applies for UP tax refund?... Is it me or the previous owner?
I am adamant on getting the tax refund since it is just a 2 years old car and the refund amount is a considerable sum.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 14:45   #131
Senior - BHPian

Do you have a valid address in UP and do you drive there on a regular basis?

If so just buy it on your UP address, drive it in Rajasthan and keep toll receipts / record of fastag transactions. Don't paste local apartment or office parking stickers and keep using it.

Are the RJ cops so interested in catching out of state cars especially from bordering states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Which of the two cases are easier and hassle free?

I am adamant on getting the tax refund since it is just a 2 years old car and the refund amount is a considerable sum.
Old 16th June 2020, 21:22   #132
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Do you have a valid address in UP and do you drive there on a regular basis?
Yes I have a valid UP address. But, my job is transferable and hence want to get it transferred to RJ which is my home state. I can manage keeping an RJ car in UP.
Old 15th July 2020, 16:30   #133
Senior - BHPian

Note:- Mods, I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this query. Please move it to the right thread if found inappropriate.

Hello Everyone,

My uncle is planning to move from Bhopal, MP to Kolkata, WB. He is planning to take along his car (a 2017 Hyundai Elantra) with him. Since WB is quite strict with out-of-state registrations, does anyone know how much it costs to get a new registration in WB and how to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Akashdeep
Old 28th March 2021, 18:07   #134
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Can we buy a new car in one state and register it in another state of our choice, just to save on rto taxes?

Eg: a friend of mine in defense services, car booked and delivered in pune has been registered in Jharkhand, because of cheaper road tax.

TIA.
Old 28th March 2021, 18:13   #135
Senior - BHPian

You can. Equally the RTO can happily ask you to re-register the vehicle locally and pay local road tax on it. You can also face criminal proceedings for fraudulent registration, if they check the address in the RC and discover that it is bogus.

For example this actress in Kerala registered an expensive German in Pondicherry to save tax. She had to get anticipatory bail from the court etc, besides paying lakhs in registration amount and fine. https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le22442231.ece

If they see an ARMY sticker on your friend's car and/or see that it is being driven by an army officer, they may refrain from doing so out of respect to the army but that would be the only reason why they wouldn't do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear BHPians,

Can we buy a new car in one state and register it in another state of our choice, just to save on rto taxes?

Eg: a friend of mine in defense services, car booked and delivered in pune has been registered in Jharkhand, because of cheaper road tax.

TIA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks