Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you think there is a high probability of Nissan exiting India?
Yes 588 75.10%
No 195 24.90%
Voters: 783. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2020, 06:47   #136
BHPian

Re: Nissan India Deathwatch - Will Nissan exit India?

Looks like Nissan has done really well in using the Kwid derived platform for multiple products. Kwid, Triber, Magnite. The interior parts are similar to those on the Triber as per some reviews. This is good because replacements will be cheaper and easily available.
It is commendable of Nissan to launch a 7 lakh car that's getting compared to the Venue and Brezza. Nissan products have never been unreliable and after Toyota, it is perhaps the second most recognizable Japanese brand in other markets. Hopefully this car will bring them more volumes in India and attract the buyers from the hatchback/compact sedan category as well.
Cessna182 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 08:40   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
It beggers disbelief that the company which built the iconic Skyline GTR can't sell cars in India, inspite of Jap pedigree. Goes to show that brand value, customer service & marketing is crucial for selling products.
They didn’t launch a car for enthusiasts in India till now, with the extremely expensive GT-R (does it sell at all?). Their overseas models like the Rogue, Altima, Maxima (used to have a great V6) and the iconic 370Z are great cars to drive, compared to appliances like the RAV4, CRV and Camry.

For the army brats on this forum, Nissan does bring back fond memories of the 1-Ton trucks and the legendary Jonga.
The company had a great brand. They just squandered it with a sad product portfolio.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th February 2021 at 00:15. Reason: Merged
Mustang Sammy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 18:09   #138
Team-BHP Support

Nissan seem to be trying something different - Virtual Showrooms. This is what MG tried in Bangalore. MG's virtual showroom closed down partially since it was in a place with low footfall.

Nissan have setup something else on Brigade Road Bangalore, at the junction of McGrath Road. Spotted it today but was driving hence could not take a picture.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 11:08   #139
naj
BHPian

Hello ,
Replied Yes .

Feel its not that they want to exit , but their actions suggest they are unable to put up a decent show . The Magnite will be on sale shortly and in spite of being a "make or break " model for Nissan, , the dealer presence is missing in important cities which have a potential to bring in nos . Viz - Pune etc . Other states also have a similar thin dealer presence .

Thanks-

Last edited by naj : 30th November 2020 at 11:09.
Old 25th December 2020, 18:12   #140
BHPian

I am a Nissan owner and even the largest showroom
Shahwar Nissan has stopped functioning in Bangalore .My Terrano is around 7 years old now not run much as I was away. If the Magnite doesn't take off don't know how long Nissan can manage. No dealer seems to have confidence to take up their franchise. My conundrum is to how long should I hold on to the car.
terra85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 06:33   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
I am a Nissan owner and even the largest showroom
Shahwar Nissan has stopped functioning in Bangalore .My Terrano is around 7 years old now not run much as I was away. If the Magnite doesn't take off don't know how long Nissan can manage. No dealer seems to have confidence to take up their franchise. My conundrum is to how long should I hold on to the car.
It depends on if you change your cars often. I felt the Terrano to be a very reliable and long lasting vehicle. Since it also shares parts with the duster, parts might not be difficult to procure.

The only thing newer cars bring to the table these days are fancy features and gizmos, most of which you can get done at an aftermarket shop.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 11:12   #142
BHPian

From deathwatch to below, Rakesh Srivastava you beauty.

Quote:
As per latest waiting period released on 28th Dec (yesterday), Magnite waiting is now more than 8 months (32 weeks) for the XE base variant. Magnite XL variant waiting is 24 weeks while that of XV trim is 18-20 weeks. XV Premium trim commands a waiting period of up to 10 weeks.

https://www.rushlane.com/nissan-magn...-12387169.html
Link:RushLane

Nissan India Deathwatch - Will Nissan exit India?-7541ff1fe4c9453b89c346a7bd9aaa6d.jpeg

But whether this is enough, we have to watch and see and hope Nissan is able to lower the waiting periods as customers may jump ship as new cSUVs from Renault and Tata are to be launched.

But nonetheless good news for existing Nissan owners.

Last edited by SideView : 29th December 2020 at 11:14.
SideView is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 12:57   #143
Senior - BHPian

You should read this
https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...twork/80002101
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
From deathwatch to below, Rakesh Srivastava you beauty.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 16:29   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

What is Nissan going to do doing with this trademark in India?

The Nissan Z trademarked in India. Is Nissan launching this 400 HP Sports Car In India?

Nissan India Deathwatch - Will Nissan exit India?-2023nissanzrear.jpg

Nissan India Deathwatch - Will Nissan exit India?-nissanztrademark.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th April 2022 at 16:32.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 13:45   #145
BHPian

All neo nissan outlets in NCR have shut down last week. Bad news for idiots like me who bought 3 nissan cars in last 2 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks