Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Do you think there is a high probability of Nissan exiting India?
Yes 580 75.92%
No 184 24.08%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th September 2020, 20:10   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Nissan India Deathwatch - Will Nissan exit India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilonSpitfire View Post
I dont understand what is stopping them from bringing the new micra to India!
1) Market acceptance of the brand (Consequential damage from past - not much models, no proper facelift, HAL issues, future focus, etc)

2) The market itself. As if we are gonna buy few thousands a month even if Nissan is bringing New Micra. I don't stand by the side of Nissan, I made my point clear in point no.1, but still until the market gets some maturity to understand there is lot more in a car than FE and bling blings, nothing will change.

I know I will get multiple arrows pointed at me from keyboard warriors, and my answer to all of them is - for the one who could understand the above statement, ", yes you are right". For rest of the crew, ", yes you are right"
Mr.Boss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 23:11   #122
BHPian

As someone who is planning to buy an used Micra CVT, especially as his first car, this thread concerns me. I am hesitant to buy this car now as even in city like Mumbai it is almost impossible to find a dealership / workshop. I live in suburbs in western region.
Old 5th October 2020, 16:02   #123
BHPian

I would recommend you stay away from buying Nissan used. Will be tough to find service stations and will be increasingly difficult to find spares too.

There are a number of options from Maruti / Hyundai in the segment and will be more economical too.
Old 5th October 2020, 16:11   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
I would recommend you stay away from buying Nissan used. Will be tough to find service stations and will be increasingly difficult to find spares too.
I feel this is the right pitch to negotiate hard and get a decent Nissan product at a lesser cost. After all these are Global products and finding spares shouldn't be an issue if one knows which door to knock and have a competent FNG to work. OTOH if the product is IND specific (like the case of Datsun, I agree with you)
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:04   #125
Senior - BHPian

My friend's Micra CVT transmission packed up after 7 years. He sold it for 2.50 Lakh a few days back
Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
As someone who is planning to buy an used Micra CVT, especially as his first car, this thread concerns me. I am hesitant to buy this car now as even in city like Mumbai it is almost impossible to find a dealership / workshop. I live in suburbs in western region.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:35   #126
BHPian

So Magnite will be their turning point? Considering the very minor chance of sales volume, I do not think Nissan will pack and leave India. They would've left after their last very hyped and unsuccessful Kicks if it was their choice, But the new Nissan Next business plan surely have some target on the Indian Market it seems. Nissan can surely come back strongly if they entirely change the Marketing department (Their engineering department is surely one of the global leaders in tech).
  • Revamp all the available showrooms and make a public presence
  • Advertise properly and widely (Their Sibling Renault is on aggressive mode these days)
  • Highlight their service and warranty perks to attract the minority.
  • Most importantly, at least inform publically about their upcoming launches so that everyone will have some hope on the brand

Or they could think about Merging their showrooms with all the Renault's as well? Does this breaks any competitor rules in India? Otherwise it would be great to see a shared showroom which in-turn shares the Capex involved resulting a great ASS as well more presence.

As a consumer, I want more players out in the field than a MSIL/HMIL PvP monopoly
Old 5th October 2020, 17:40   #127
BHPian

With dealerships dwindling across the country one by one what chances will the Magnite have? The Kicks was on my shortlist early this year and the nearest dealer is 200kms away from me in Mysuru or another one cross state in Kerala. If I had a breakdown I doubt they'll cover the RSA for me.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 5th October 2020 at 18:03.
Old 5th October 2020, 17:59   #128
BHPian

As someone who owns one,my advice is STAY AWAY. The dealerships arent making money so they want to fleece each and every customer. The quality of OEM spares is downright pathetic and you never know when the last dealership is gonna shut shop. Their long time dealer in Kolkata shut shop few months ago. Luckily they have a replacement workshop for now.

Last edited by nitishk : 5th October 2020 at 18:00. Reason: garbled old message
nitishk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 18:09   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
As someone who owns one,my advice is STAY AWAY. The dealerships arent making money so they want to fleece each and every customer.
This I have experienced first hand - in a Renault showroom in Pune too. Last year, when they were yet to strike success with the Triber. This attempt to fleece & take as much profit possible from a single deal added with their pretention of being a superior brand compared to peers kept me away from a Duster AWD RXZ booking that I had almost confirmed. And Renault is at least slightly better placed in the market compared to Nissan. If Renault dealers are having to resort to all possible tactics for survival (cant blame them - the car maker is rolling out dog after dog) - it is inevitable that Nissan dealers will be in worse condition.

Last edited by Reinhard : 5th October 2020 at 18:10.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 20:42   #130
BHPian

There has not been a single confirmed report that Nissan has decided to exit India.

Even if they do exit, Nissan cars are not full of electronics and gizmos that they only need company trained service personnel. They can be serviced at a competent multi brand service center or an FNG and with spares available through so many channels these days.
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 23:39   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
There has not been a single confirmed report that Nissan has decided to exit India.
I don't think anyone in this thread claimed so. Do correct me if I'm wrong

Quote:
Even if they do exit, Nissan cars are not full of electronics and gizmos that they only need company trained service personnel. They can be serviced at a competent multi brand service center or an FNG and with spares available through so many channels these days.
Infact not just Nissan but every mainstream brand can be easily serviced at an FNG. But that's not the point at all. There's a reason service centres exist- peace of mind. Every person buying a car today is aware of the fact that they can get their car serviced outside for much cheaper.

Secondly, in today's day and age, NOT having the fancy gizmos is actually a huge drawback for any car.

Thirdly, when Nissan isn't supporting their very own dealers, how do you expect them to support customers in any way? The pit Nissan is in right now despite having a decent start to their innings (Micra and sunny) is all because of themselves. No other excuse can be given for the situation they are in. Renault, despite being a sister concern has atleast been putting efforts

It's high time Nissan packs up and leaves because they clearly don't have any motivation to do anything for our market. Better to just leave and save themselves from further embarrassement and failure.
sodapop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 12:38   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
I don't think anyone in this thread claimed so. Do correct me if I'm wrong
Every post is NOT a response to another post. This is not a closed Whatsapp group. All the content is accessible to the whole world and thousands of visitors bank on this esteemed forum for inputs, suggestions, ideas etc.

So the bigger audience is kept in mind.

Quote:
Infact not just Nissan but every mainstream brand can be easily serviced at an FNG. But that's not the point at all. There's a reason service centres exist- peace of mind. Every person buying a car today is aware of the fact that they can get their car serviced outside for much cheaper.

Yes!. It is a known fact that even roadside garages service the Mercs and the BMWs. That is not the point here at all. There are plenty of Nissan owners with out of warranty cars and apprehensions in mind about Nissan's future and the availability of spares. Most of them (including me) are visiting the authorised service centres for peace of mind, as you said. My point is keeping the worst case scenario in mind.

There are also plenty of prospective buyers of used Nissan cars who are sitting on the fence wondering if they should take the plunge.

So again same reason as above. Very few of them are enthusiasts and members of this forum but browse through for guidance.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 00:36   #133
BHPian

Nissan and it's Troubles:-

Last edited by Car Architect : 25th November 2020 at 00:39.
Old 25th November 2020, 00:41   #134
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Nissan showroom (Vibrant Nissan) near my house in Begumpet, Hyderabad is permanently closed now!

Name:  nissan.PNG
Views: 1095
Size:  117.0 KB
Old 25th November 2020, 01:02   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Architect View Post
Nissan and it's Troubles:-

https://Youtu.be/W7oo
Interesting video but global woes of even plans of Nissan revival doesn't and can't help their Indian counterparts. Though theoretically India is a great market for cheap and mass market cars but may be they never got an eye on this market.

Most Viewed