Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2021, 07:23   #76
BHPian

Re: India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named Taigun

There is a full page back to back advertisement in TOI today, hinting that we are close to the official launch.

I am looking out as a prospective buyer.
Old 5th January 2021, 08:09   #77
BHPian

Re: India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named Taigun

Volkswagen are going all out with the Taigun. A two page advert on today's TOI paper. Are the brothers ( Vision IN and Taigun ) gonna replicate what Kia did with the Seltos? Only time can tell. This is one I'm looking forward to eagerly.
Godspeed guys! Godspeed!
Attached Thumbnails
India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named Taigun-img_20210105_080321.jpg  

India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named Taigun-img_20210105_080300.jpg  

Octy17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 08:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

Saw the same and second you on GodSpeed.
They're on the right track with their launches, hope they are focussing similarly on their A.S.S..

But seems like a good year ahead
Old 5th January 2021, 09:47   #79

Front Page on the Evo India magazine too this month and has a two page article.

India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named Taigun-img_0062.jpg

Looks like they've got their marketing right this time - checked out their site and they seem to be building up the hype well. Let's wait for the final thing!!

Last edited by pvivek2 : 5th January 2021 at 10:02. Reason: Typo
pvivek2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 10:16   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post

I however do have a concern on one of the engine options that are being talked about. The 1.5 TSI Evo has been acting up and hesitant to take off in the initial gears. It does so after a but of a hiccup. Much has been written and discussed and complaints logged and cars returned in Europe. While I see most of these on 2019 cars, I haven't see much on the 2020 cars. Yes there has not been much of a 2020 to even write about. Anyone have an idea on whether the 1.5 TSI Evo has these issues sorted out in the current model? As it is it seems very complex with cylinder de-activation and a supercharger to compensate for the Miller Cycle.

Any information on this will be highly helpful to take a decision on whether to go for an existing (Seltos, Creta, etc) or then wait for this.
Some vehicles featuring the 1.5-litre TSI Evo engine with manual gearbox can be slightly hesitant in the cold-running phase as per reports in UK. They call it 'Kangarooing' sensation.

In T Roc and Karoq, we have 1.5 TSI Evo engine with 7-speed DSG. Kangarooing effect is found only in manual gearbox during the cold start of engine where engine rpm varies abruptly.

I think Ambient temperature does play a role in this bug but in the above video, the ambient temperature is 12.5 degrees Celcius which is common in the north during winters in India.

I have no idea whether this bug is resolved by VW in 2020.
sagwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 19:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun media invite

India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named Taigun-fb_img_16098535488145522.jpg

Source : Rushlane

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th January 2021 at 19:06.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 22:26   #82
BHPian

Woah. I was pleasantly taken by the front page spread today. And now the media invite. Too excited for this. Hope the pricing is on point.
Old 5th January 2021, 22:31   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen Taigun media invite

Attachment 2103198

Source : Rushlane
That's a lovely surprise, I thought the Skoda Vision IN would launch first and then the Taigun, but looks like there's a different plan, eagerly looking forward to seeing the Taigun
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 07:20   #84
Senior - BHPian

India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named T...

Im impressed by the speed of VW in launching the Taigun. In spite of the pandemic situation they seem to be more or less on schedule for the Taigun. In fact most reports had indicated earlier that the launch of Vision IN would happen only sometime in the 2nd half of 2021.

I just hope this whole campaign is not just an unveil and actual product launch is 3-4 months away. If they are spending all this money on marketing, then the launch should be around the corner, before March at least.
Old 6th January 2021, 08:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Can't believe the new gen products from VW are getting launched! I'm actually feeling old now!

But unlike the other brands, one key advantage VW has is that they've advertised heavily over the past few years on how they're determined to stay unlike say Nissan which was on the verge of actually shutting down and is actually one of the biggest con for the Magnite.

Now, with consumer confidence on the brand largely taken care off, hope they take care of their after sales properly. Service was still their weakness until the last time I went to the ASC which was 2018. Not sure how it is today. Parts can be expensive and that is the biggest con for VW. This has to be offset with attractive pricing.

Hope this will be a worthy replacement for existing Polo and Vento owners who are spoilt by the build quality and feel of the cars.
Turbohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 10:54   #86
BHPian

Re: India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named T...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I just hope this whole campaign is not just an unveil and actual product launch is 3-4 months away. If they are spending all this money on marketing, then the launch should be around the corner, before March at least.
In reply to my query regarding the launch date, the VW India Twitter handle replied with a mid-2021 expected launch date. Still a good 4-5 months away!
Old 6th January 2021, 11:20   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named T...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
That's a lovely surprise, I thought the Skoda Vision IN would launch first and then the Taigun,--
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Im impressed by the speed of VW in launching the Taigun. --

Skoda Vision IN will launch first. Naming of the Skoda SUV will be in Jan, reveal will be in March and deliveries to start in June.

VW Taigun will launch likely to be in festive season. Test mules of the TAIGUN have not yet been spotted!

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th January 2021 at 11:22.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 11:50   #88
BHPian

Just hoping they launch with both engines and not just the 1L.

One thing ill be looking out keenly is the weight of the indian car vs the T-Cross. That will show if they have compromised on structural strength.
Old 6th January 2021, 12:08   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post

One thing ill be looking out keenly is the weight of the indian car vs the T-Cross. That will show if they have compromised on structural strength.

I hope you do realize that this is built on the MQB-IN platform, with the IN signifying a special made for India platform.

This is pretty much incomparable to the T-cross, and not a made in India T-cross that you're implying.
They are so different, VW has even chosen a new name for it.
Old 6th January 2021, 12:25   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
I hope you do realize that this is built on the MQB-IN platform, with the IN signifying a special made for India platform.

This is pretty much incomparable to the T-cross, and not a made in India T-cross that you're implying.
They are so different, VW has even chosen a new name for it.
I hope the sleuths in this forum dig out those structural diagrams like they did for the Hyundai cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks