Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2021, 11:15   #1606
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
I (my father) too have booked a Honda City VX CVT. He is a senior citizen and front parking sensors can be of great help while he drives (even me). Front parking sensors seem to be there in the official accessories list. Is this a beep only type sensor, or is there a display unit to it, or does it get displayed in the central console with the other sensors? I just don't want a sensor display to be sitting in the dashboard.
Here is an excellent video of the actual installation:

And the usage:

I nearly had a heart-attack when I saw the Head-unit and the front-dashboard being ripped off and the guy messes with the various wires on a brand-new-car!

I am terrified to do it, so may wait for a few months before going for it.

One reason my previous car was problem-free for 14+ years was that I did not touch anything of the original factory-fit-and-finish.

Last edited by manim : 26th August 2021 at 11:24.
manim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 11:46   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramanat View Post
It costs 10400. I was worried that the beige fabric will be a dust magnet - spills (hand sanitizer gets spilled like crazy these days) and mud. They seem premium and durable and they did a decent job of putting it on. I didn't want to go for aftermarket fitting because I wasn't sure they'd be compatible with the airbags.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I nearly had a heart-attack when I saw the Head-unit and the front-dashboard being ripped off and the guy messes with the various wires on a brand-new-car!

I am terrified to do it, so may wait for a few months before going for it.

One reason my previous car was problem-free for 14+ years was that I did not touch anything of the original factory-fit-and-finish.
Oh boy! This is too much fiddling and makes me too worry about the factory fit. I too have not done anything to the original factory fit and finish in any of our cars in the past.
Old 26th August 2021, 11:52   #1608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I (my father) too have booked a Honda City VX CVT. He is a senior citizen and front parking sensors can be of great help while he drives (even me). Front parking sensors seem to be there in the official accessories list. Is this a beep only type sensor, or is there a display unit to it, or does it get displayed in the central console with the other sensors? I just don't want a sensor display to be sitting in the dashboard.
It is beep only with changing sound when you get close to some objects. There is a push switch provided with it make it on/off. You can opt for 2 or 4 sensors.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 14:16   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Sun roof City owners, does the glass feel sturdy or is it made of the same material as that of the side windows? I understand it may not bear the brunt of having an object falling on it.

Thanks.
Old 26th August 2021, 16:17   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Our old Fiesta 1.4 TDCi had fabric seats and it served us well for >7 years
Quote:
I was worried that the beige fabric will be a dust magnet
I am too of the same opinion. If my OEM seats becomes dirty over the years, only then I may plan to fit seat-covers.

But then, my old Civic's FABRIC seats never went bad in 14+ years! It had done 1,75,000 kms with mostly family trips, near and far.

Here is a photo taken a few days ago of my rear fabric seats of my Civic, even I could not believe that they are so original after 14+ years!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-dsc_1180.jpg  

manim is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 11:12   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
6. The automatic climate control does an adequate job of cooling. But when I try to move the blower position to both head and foot, the "auto" mode goes off. Is this how it is supposed to be - "my way or the highway" mode?
Not a City owner, just considering it for future.

I think this is a common attribute of an Automatic Climate Control. I have a Tata Zest that has the same "my way or highway" behaviour. I have seen it automatically regulates the airflow based on the temperature. For instance, for 27 degrees and above (when it's running on heater), it routes the air towards the legs and front, with legs blown with the warm air while front vents blowing the cold. Something I noticed when I got it.
hdman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 15:41   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdman View Post
Not a City owner, just considering it for future.

I think this is a common attribute of an Automatic Climate Control.
I agree. Even in my Beat that has ACC, the car decides which vent should work when and overriding that or any of the other settings (blower, external vent) disengages the automatic climate control. However, manual control works perfectly if I do decide to override the climate control. Another problem with the ACC is that it also toggles the external vent - once I was passing by a garbage dump and the ACC decided to put the external vent in open mode at that exact point.

Hence you might like to check if you can use the AC system in manual mode.
Old 27th August 2021, 17:00   #1613
BHPian

Hello folks,

New to Team-BHP! I have been a avid follower of this platform and the members of this forum have had a significant contribution in my car-related decisions in the past. It was time that I joined and give back as well and not just reap the benefits. Thanks moderators for approving my request; really glad to be part of this elite community.

Now, I need some help from all of you wonderful people. I am looking to buy a new car and I am confused between the following cars.

1) Honda City V
2) Hyundai Verna SX
3) Kia Seltos HTK Plus IMT

Heart says Kia Seltos but mind says Honda City. I am from Mumbai and my primary usage is in the city (read Mumbai bumper-to-bumper traffic ) with approximate 500-600 Kms of running per month. I can stretch my budget up to 14.5 lacs within which I can get Seltos, but I am concerned about Seltos's mileage, especially with the ever increasing petrol price. How much mileage can I expect from Seltos in Mumbai city conditions? Will it be similar to Honda City?
I intend to keep the car for 6-7 years and we are a family of 3 (Me, my wife and a 6 month old baby). Would love your advise to help me make a decision. Thanks in Advance!
Old 27th August 2021, 21:28   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Hello folks,
Now, I need some help from all of you wonderful people. I am looking to buy a new car and I am confused between the following cars.

1) Honda City V
2) Hyundai Verna SX
3) Kia Seltos HTK Plus IMT
Mileage for both the cars would be in the range of 10 to 12 kmpl. City might give a slightly higher FE but given your low monthly running, shouldn't impact you much financially.

You are ready to spend >1 lac more on the Seltos so you have already made the decision in your mind just be aware and at peace with its cons (3 star GNCAP, only 2 airbags, multiple incidences of bad experience with the service center etc)

City V offers loads of space, proven engine and service network, may be slightly higher levels of safety (highly debatable) but definitely does lack somewhat in refinement as compared to the Koreans.

Also, if you have a daily commute in city conditions and you decide to go for the City, I would advice you to go for the CVT. Seltos's IVT is quite expensive that ways.
AutoConsultant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 22:49   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
...Heart says Kia Seltos but mind says Honda City....
From the cars you have shortlisted, I would advice to go with your mind - Honda City V. City offers you better safety kit than Seltos - 4 airbags instead of 2, VSM, ESC, TC, HHA. This alone is worth going for City. I would also recommend to go for CVT version if your driving is going to be primarily in traffic.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 18:29   #1616
BHPian

Was contemplating for a new car and wanted to move away from Volkwagen due to hassles and niggles with the car post crossing 1 lakh kms and high maintenance cost.

Test drove the Verna and Ciaz along with the Honda City.
I went with the Honda City eventually, as its automatic transmission mated to their petrol engine was no match with the rest.
The engine was really silent and the gear shifts smooth.

I was not comfortable with Verna's steering feedback and neither impressed by their Petrol Engine, the car I test drove was their 1.5L petrol and not the 1L Turbo Petrol.

I eventually made the booking for the Honda City ZX CVT through Olympia Honda - Located in Anna Nagar.

Dealership Experience:
My experience with Olympia Honda - Anna Nagar was very good, I was also offered test drive by the same team. The sales team lead Jai, Iyyappan were the ones who brought the car for test drive.
The documentation process was completed and they promised to deliver the car in 2 days time. The registration process was also smooth, I had requested for Fancy Number through them.
I got the car delivered as mentioned by their timelines and there was no Delay. We had the initial Pooja done at Olympia Honda, and the car and its interiors were clean, the seats wrapped in some sort of plastic cover and the head unit has a plastic film layer over it.

Needless to say they are very prompt and responsive to your questions and the delivery experience was hassle free.

Driving Experience:
The petrol engine has a lot of potential and loves to be revved. The car comes with new gen features like Honda Connect and Google Voice Assistant based commands. I find the lane watch feature useful though I initially thought it wasn't much of a need, I was getting used to it over period of time.
I found it comfortable to a take a quick peak at the head unit rather than turn my neck slightly towards the left to look at the side view mirror. The clarity of the display isn't that great but is ok to check when turning left.

The OEM head unit sounds "Neutral" and I don't find the need for an upgrade at this point of time.
Visibility on the OEM headunit is poor with the plastic film on it, I removed the film just after the delivery.

Overall very happy with the purchase.

Last edited by santhosharulvan : 28th August 2021 at 18:36.
santhosharulvan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 18:52   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosharulvan View Post
I got the car delivered as mentioned by their timelines and there was no Delay
How many days did it take from booking to delivery?

I booked nine days back, and was told that I will know the status only after another eight days. Eager to get my hands on it soon!
Old 28th August 2021, 19:04   #1618
BHPian

Does anyone know if the lights in the VX variant can be changed to something with a cooler temperature (more white rather than yellow)?
Old 28th August 2021, 20:16   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
How many days did it take from booking to delivery?

I booked nine days back, and was told that I will know the status only after another eight days. Eager to get my hands on it soon!
That is bad Olympia Honda was very transparent with me the car was handed over to me within 2 days of settling the funds through RTGS, the time is for registration and other processes.

This also depends on vehicle availability/color being available with the particular dealer, in my car the car was readily available and I went ahead with the purchase with them.
I had a shabby experience with Sundaram Honda and their response and commitment is not up to the mark.

Congrats on the booking, you will love the car for sure.

Last edited by santhosharulvan : 28th August 2021 at 20:19.
santhosharulvan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 23:49   #1620
BHPian

For those who have the V or VX variant of the new City, do you think it is possible to swap the halogen bulb in the low beam projector setup with the LED bulb from the new Amaze? I was trying to figure out how I can get white lights on City VX and I realised that Amaze comes with that setup (sort of). Instead of buying some after-market LED for City, is it better to go for the LED used in Amaze? Will I need to change anything else if I swap the bulbs? Please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks