Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2021, 15:16   #1681
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh View Post
Thank you for this wonderful find. Is CarHatke reliable? Anyone ever used them before?
Haven't ordered anything yet, although they seem to have a very wide range of products available.

If you are based in Delhi NCR, you can check out djs_automotive as well, they are based in Karol Bagh. I would like to physically go there and check it out, whenever I plan to change it. Although I don't like the front chrome, would like to keep that look at least for the first year.

I feel the honeycomb grill of RS would look better than gloss black wrapped current grill.
AutoConsultant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 16:16   #1682
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Also, has anyone had any success in getting well-fitted sunshades? I have got the usual magnet ones but the one behind driver keeps falling when I open the door.
Hi Vaibhav,

On same boat and looking for Non Magnetic ones and since I had the same in my earlier vehicle I do not prefer them.
Over time they don't work and makes noise also. Even they put scratch marks inside.

https://www.autofurnish.com/premium-...rear-2pc-black

Found the above one but I have not seen it in real life even in other cars.
Have asked one of my FNG guy to check them out physically.
May be I will get one given the price is reasonable.

Let me know if you can find them in Delhi and share the feedback.
src is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 17:26   #1683
BHPian

Has anyone been able to add chrome handles to V or VX variants of the new City? I initially thought that it doesn’t look great, but seeing a few ZXs on the road, I realized that it adds a classy look to the car. Any idea where one can get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Due to Corona and WFH scenario I am not driving much. My son (7.5 years old) and I go for a short night drive everyday (15km) and I have a following concern. My son asks me to slow down the moment I press the accelerator (window rolled up + no music). It is very noisy and sounds almost like a diesel engine. I think I need to get it checked during the first service.
Latheesh, did you get this checked? I got my first service done today, and I don’t know if it is just psychological, but I felt the noise had increased while I was driving back home after the service. I remembered this post of yours and wanted to know if there was indeed something off, so that I can check it too.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th September 2021 at 04:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 12th September 2021, 20:37   #1684
BHPian

Thanks to Honda-engineers who created this magnificent Car!

Finally got my hands on the Honda-City!

I had booked a V variant LunarSilver CVT, but ended up with a ZX ModernSteel CVT. I was told that V, Vx variants will take months and only ZX was available. Though I did not want the 'hole-in-the-roof' and the leather-seats(I prefer fabric), I succumbed, I could not wait any longer!

Finished 700 kms so far, mostly on excellent 4-lane roads. I wanted to be careful in the break-in period, which will ensure longevity. I plan to have this car for the next ten to fourteen years. I messaged all my friends and relatives: I will NOT give them a TestDrive till I finish 1,000+ kms!

I managed to get the basic-kit free-of-cost, I had to do some hard bargaining for it. I still have to do permanent-registration and pay the sky-high road-tax, so will post the on-road-price I paid, in a later post.

Comparison with the Civic:
though all the reviews on the internet and youtube talks about how this car has grown in size nearly to the old-Civic, I say NO Chance, it is SMALL. Not that I am complaining though, I wanted a smaller car, the Civic was too large to drive in the city and was supreme only on highways. I find this the right size, neither too small nor too large.

I find the driving pleasure is nearly as good as the Civic, at speeds less than 100 kmph. The Civic can cruise relaxed at >130 kmph, this car is too bouncy and appears unstable at higher speeds.

The seating position for my driving is NOT as good as the Civic, wish the seats can be pushed lower. It is too high, but I guess I will get used to it soon.

And I am enjoying the high ground-clearance!
(Comparison with the Civic ends).

I have started planning for long drives soon, Kanyakumari is 130 kms from my place and is is fully 4-lane roads with sparse traffic. I can use cruise-control at less than 80 kmph to achieve insane FE! Goa is about 1,200 kms from my place, hopefully I am still young and healthy enough to attempt it again! I will plan regular Chennai and Bangalore drives(600 kms).

I owned a 1st gen Honda-City-1.5 from 1999-2007 (photo attached) color was Maharaja-Gold!, and a Honda-Civic from 2007-2021. My cousin's 2nd gen Honda-Civic is UGLY in comparison! (see photo). I had gone on a long drive on two 3rd gen Honda-Civic's to Goa in 2012. I don't have any experience with the 4th gen.

I learnt driving in the early eighties when I was 14 years old (yes, it is illegal so arrest me!). My dad owned the Hindustan-Ambassador and my uncles had the Fiat-Padmini. My dad bought a pre-worshipped Morris-minor (he loved cars) in the early eighties (photo courtesy wikipedia), at that time it cost Rs.5,000 (yes, that's how much cars costed those days!). He spent another Rs.5,000 sprucing it up.

So why am I getting philosophical? Because I want to compare this 5th gen City with the Morris-Minor I learnt to drive. In comparison the 5th gen City is a MARVEL. All these technology and electronics nowadays, thanks to Mankind for giving me this wonderful product!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-3.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-4.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-5_morris.jpg  

Last edited by manim : 12th September 2021 at 20:40.
manim is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 09:11   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Latheesh, did you get this checked? I got my first service done today, and I don’t know if it is just psychological, but I felt the noise had increased while I was driving back home after the service. I remembered this post of yours and wanted to know if there was indeed something off, so that I can check it too.
I took it to the dealer twice to check. They did not find any issues when they scanned. Sound is bit annoying but getting adjusted to it now. I will get it checked again during the second service if there is no improvement.
Old 13th September 2021, 11:16   #1686

Hi Guys,

I will be getting delivery of my Honda City ZX CVT on Wednesday.

I am looking to upsize the tyes to 205 mm width right after i drive out of showroom (for some reason solitaire honda has denied to do a swap in showroom but has assured that it will not hamper car warranty if done from outside).

What is the recommended profile I should go for ?

Does 205/55/R16 work?

Also, will appreciate if BHPians can recommend appropriate brand.

TIA....
Old 13th September 2021, 11:48   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavb88 View Post
Hi Guys,

I will be getting delivery of my Honda City ZX CVT on Wednesday.

Does 205/55/R16 work?
Congratulations on your new car

Best recommended upgrade for the 5th-gen Honda City would be 205/50 R16. Another choice would be 195/55 R16.

195/55 R16 tyre size is common and is widely available in Continental, Michelin and Yokohama.

205/50 R16 tyre size is rare to find.

You should check this dedicated tyre upgrade thread for 5th Gen Honda City Link (Tyre upgrade for the 5th-gen Honda City)
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 12:08   #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Best recommended upgrade for the 5th-gen Honda City would be 205/50 R16. Another choice would be 195/55 R16.

[/url]
Thanks a lot for your advise Venkatesh.

I checked the thread you shared, but could not determine whether 205/50 R16 will lower or increase the GC.

Other than good handling and stance, one of the primary objective for me is increased ground clearance.
Old 13th September 2021, 12:10   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonil.luthra View Post
By 4 led headlamps you mean 2 pairs, right?
If that's the case, yes it's too much
You can easily get Osram-led headlamps for 4000/pair.
I would suggest get the led headlamp swap done from outside and get your fog lamps swapped too. it should bring your total to Rs. 12,000 for 3 pairs.
Since these are plug and play the warranty will not be affected.
Yes. Thats 2 pairs. On further inquiry, I was told that low beam is 55w and high beam is 70. This car is my father’s purchase (Sr. Citizen), who, at times, miss to put the lights back to low beam. So, staying away from it now (70w on high beam would make the oncoming drivers blind). Also, the price seems too steep to justify, like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
Go for the OSRAM ones like Sonil suggested. The low beam H7 bulbs cost 3.4K on Amazon, and you can change it yourself in under 2 mins. I did same post his suggestion, and the white light really makes a difference in the way the car looks.

However, I would advise not to change the high beam and the fog lamps to LED, as the white light visibility in rain is very poor. This way, you’ll at least have the high beam to switch to, and the fog lamps to assist you if you’re driving in heavy rain or fog.
Thanks! Not going for it right now. Will wait and see.

Anyway, expecting delivery in the next 2 days. Excited! Attaching PDI photo
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-f3e83a53cd9047ff826d36307a0b8e6a.jpeg  

NotanF1driver is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 18:38   #1690
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavb88 View Post
Hi Guys,

Does 205/55/R16 work?

Also, will appreciate if BHPians can recommend appropriate brand.

TIA....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

195/55 R16 tyre size is common and is widely available in Continental, Michelin and Yokohama.

205/50 R16 tyre size is rare to find.

You should check this dedicated tyre upgrade thread for 5th Gen Honda City Link (Tyre upgrade for the 5th-gen Honda City)
Hi Pranav,

Congratulations and Welcome to the rare breed
As already mentioned by Venkatesh nothing to add much.
Yes correct upsize is indeed 205/50 R16 but 195/55 R16 is also a good option.

And yes I have changed mine after getting delivery in 2 days.
Changed to Michelin Primacy 4ST, they are expensive but awesome.
Currently all 5 are on Michelins and have done the tire rotation also after 5000 kms mark.

Reason why I changed to 195/55 is that the sidewall does not reduce while 205/50 reduces the sidewall and could be risky on potholed roads.
Also 195 gives a marginal increase in Ground Clearance which helps to glide over bumps quite easily.

Attaching few pictures in case this helps you.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210423_073809351.mp.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210826_063336952.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210826_063314601.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20210306_080203920.portrait.jpg  

Last edited by src : 14th September 2021 at 18:40. Reason: Typo & Punctuation
src is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 19:06   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
On same boat and looking for Non Magnetic ones and since I had the same in my earlier vehicle I do not prefer them.
Over time they don't work and makes noise also. Even they put scratch marks inside.

https://www.autofurnish.com/premium-...rear-2pc-black

Found the above one but I have not seen it in real life even in other cars.
Have asked one of my FNG guy to check them out physically.
May be I will get one given the price is reasonable.

Please share review if you have installed this. From the pictures, I'm afraid these might fall down with usage and may not be fitting properly. Also when people roll down the windows, there are chances that these blinds may fall outside as well.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 14th September 2021, 19:51   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Hi Pranav,

Congratulations and Welcome to the rare breed
As already mentioned by Venkatesh nothing to add much.
Yes correct upsize is indeed 205/50 R16 but 195/55 R16 is also a good option.

And yes I have changed mine after getting delivery in 2 days.
Changed to Michelin Primacy 4ST, they are expensive but awesome.
Currently all 5 are on Michelins and have done the tire rotation also after 5000 kms mark.

Reason why I changed to 195/55 is that the sidewall does not reduce while 205/50 reduces the sidewall and could be risky on potholed roads.
Also 195 gives a marginal increase in Ground Clearance which helps to glide over bumps quite easily.

Attaching few pictures in case this helps you.
Nice! How much did you have to shell out after exchanging the older tyres? Also, will it impact the power and mileage noticeably?
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 20:52   #1693
BHPian

Michelin tyres look cool. Venkatesh, nTorq, Isjey - Are you getting underbody anti rust coating done on your new cars before delivery. I was adviced by a car mechanic to wait for 3-4 years before doing the same. Company has already painted the underbody, he says. And they charge separately for silencer coating as well. Apart from this, even my dealer has refused to change the stock tyres. What is the difference you ought to shell out if you get it done outside? I would also want to go for 195 tyres same rim, subjected to the fact that it doesn't set me back more than 3k-4k.
Old 14th September 2021, 21:48   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Michelin tyres look cool. Venkatesh, nTorq, Isjey - Are you getting underbody anti rust coating done on your new cars before delivery. I was adviced by a car mechanic to wait for 3-4 years before doing the same. Company has already painted the underbody, he says. And they charge separately for silencer coating as well. Apart from this, even my dealer has refused to change the stock tyres. What is the difference you ought to shell out if you get it done outside? I would also want to go for 195 tyres same rim, subjected to the fact that it doesn't set me back more than 3k-4k.
I've not done any under body coating or anti-rust coating. These are IMHO scams to extract money. Some dealers promise even 5-year warranty and touch ups. I live in Chennai with salty and humid climate. But I kind of trust Honda paint job to last at least 5 years. So after 3rd or 4th year will do these coatings.

lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 22:14   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
The only reason for which I’m considering getting the under body coating done is because it turns the wheel wells black in colour. Currently, it looks very odd. But then, I can just get a can of spray paint and do the thing myself, since it is only for aesthetics, and not for protection in my case. I don’t think additional protection is needed in Bangalore weather.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks