Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 23:04   #1741
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Have just Bought the Honda City VX MT. Any modifications you would suggest as utmost necessary without voiding the warranty? I live in Kolkata with Bad Roads (literally craters) and Water Logging.
Old 30th September 2021, 23:28   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
4. Did you notice any other changes?
>> Foremost is GC is increased and helps to glide over bumpers.
Also the ride quality is plush and comfortable but may be as I am on Michelins.

Any other queries feel free to drop a note.
I am not very sure if 5.5 mm will have significant impact on GC. It's more of peace of mind than reality except when you get those 5.5 mm extra high/deep barrier which is exactly as long as the word "extra" measured on mobile
But broader tires esp. michelins will definitely give more confidence while speeding, cornering and braking for sure.

There are some setting related query which I would like to have help with:

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210928_203736.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210928_203715.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210928_203505.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20210928_203445.jpg

How does the above 4 settings impact? I haven't scanned through the manual yet and the sales assist had no clue
sprinter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 23:59   #1743
BHPian

Aaahh!!! Finally got to lay my hands my very own toy - The Honda City on 27th Sep.

Thanks to my fellow BHPians in this group for having shared so much about the car that left me with no second thoughts. Feeling happy to share few initial snaps... I will be fixing a spoiler kit. I saw it on a white City in showroom and it looked quite sporty and adds lot of machismo to overall looks. So, decided to go for it.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20210930233448.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20210930233707.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_20210930234031.jpg
sprinter is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 00:47   #1744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitbhutoria View Post
Have just Bought the Honda City VX MT. Any modifications you would suggest as utmost necessary without voiding the warranty? I live in Kolkata with Bad Roads (literally craters) and Water Logging.
- Tire upgrade if you really want
- 3D boot mat - check amazon, it is available for ~ 2200 Rupees
- Airbag compatible seat cover - if you have small kids or have a habit of eating inside car
- Front parking sensors (Honda accessory) if required

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st October 2021 at 00:51.
Old 1st October 2021, 09:49   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
I have the VX MT too. While it is a VFM variant, there are some bits that diminish the 'premium-ness' of the car. To fix this, I think some mods are necessary. Below is my list (some done, some going to do in the next few days):
  • Change the halogens in the projector headlights to Osram LED. This should cost you INR 3.4k on Amazon.
  • Change the interior cabin lights to LED. This should cost you INR 350 per pair on Amazon.
  • Get leather seat covers. Do not go for the ones that are sold in the showroom for 10k. These don't fit well, and further reduce the appeal of the car. Go for a properly stitched set, which will cost you around 30k (for leather + art. leather combo).
  • Change the tyres to 195 55 r16 before you clock more kms on the odo, so that you get better value for the stock tyres when you sell them. (Wish I had done it the day I took delivery of the car)
  • Get a side sill plate installed. This should cost about 1k at any local accessory shop.
  • Get a silicone key cover, to avoid scratches and damage to the key fob. This costs around INR 150 on Amazon.

One thing I did after a friend advised me, and found to be not worth, is adding heat rejection film to all glasses including the windshield. This cost me 7k for Garware film, but I think it was not at all needed for the weather in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Aaahh!!! Finally got to lay my hands my very own toy - The Honda City on 27th Sep.
Congrats on the new car! Each time I see a ZX, I regret not paying the extra 1.3L over my VX, simply for the headlights! They look like they belong to a car 2 segments above!
nTorq is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:46   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTorq View Post
I have the VX MT too. While it is a VFM variant, there are some bits that diminish the 'premium-ness' of the car. To fix this, I think some mods are necessary. Below is my list (some done, some going to do in the next few days):
=====
Congrats on the new car! Each time I see a ZX, I regret not paying the extra 1.3L over my VX, simply for the headlights! They look like they belong to a car 2 segments above!
Hey nTorq,

Could you share the links to osram leds for the projector headlamp and also for the cabin lights?

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st October 2021 at 12:25. Reason: Trimming quoted posts, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies.
Old 1st October 2021, 13:21   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
Hey nTorq,

Could you share the links to osram leds for the projector headlamp and also for the cabin lights?
Here you go:

Headlights: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08L93GX5K

Cabin lights: https://www.amazon.in/Osram-LED-2825.../dp/B08GFPNC8Q
Old 1st October 2021, 23:06   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
  • Change the halogens in the projector headlights to Osram LED. This should cost you INR 3.4k on Amazon.
  • Change the interior cabin lights to LED. This should cost you INR 350 per pair on Amazon.
  • Get leather seat covers. Do not go for the ones that are sold in the showroom for 10k. These don't fit well, and further reduce the appeal of the car. Go for a properly stitched set, which will cost you around 30k (for leather + art. leather combo).
  • Change the tyres to 195 55 r16 before you clock more kms on the odo, so that you get better value for the stock tyres when you sell them. (Wish I had done it the day I took delivery of the car)
  • Get a side sill plate installed. This should cost about 1k at any local accessory shop.
  • Get a silicone key cover, to avoid scratches and damage to the key fob. This costs around INR 150 on Amazon.
Thanks for the suggestions. Photos of your car with LED Projectors.

Also Tyre Suggestions plus general difference that needs to be paid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
- Tire upgrade if you really want
- 3D boot mat - check amazon, it is available for ~ 2200 Rupees
- Airbag compatible seat cover - if you have small kids or have a habit of eating inside car
- Front parking sensors (Honda accessory) if required
Thanks for the suggestion. Tyre options? How much difference you have to shell?
Old 2nd October 2021, 09:54   #1749

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post

Attachment 2213728

How does the above 4 settings impact? I haven't scanned through the manual yet and the sales assist had no clue
The last setting looks like a indirect fix to non-auto sensing wipers, curious to know if someone else has tried?
What I have heard is City 5th gen is missing on auto sensing wipers.

Also, has someone upgraded to 17” in the 5th gen, would like to have an opinion.
I saw it on YouTube they dont look extra, it justifies the bigger sedan but my concern is does the 17” touch wheel arches when turning and what else is impacted? I am looking for extra GC
singhvikas101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:43   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
2 queries.
Is 25w enough for the projector?
What about High Beam which led to go for?
Old 3rd October 2021, 05:05   #1751
BHPian

Hi all
I am planning to go for ZX CVT. I have checked several reviews online and almost every one of them was satisfied with the CVT for city driving. I hope that Team BHP users are also satisfied with the CVT! I did take a TD but a short TD isn't enough to judge each and every aspect of the car.
As to the price, dealer is offering standard 10k Honda company discount and above that was hinting at maybe about 10k extra discount but I am not sure about that. How much discount can I negotiate up to?
There is a basic accessory kit for 8.3k and a 3M package(antirust underbody 5 years, silencer coating, internal panel protection) for 8.5k. These two kits are optional but if there isn't a whole lot of savings then I would get these from dealership itself and avoid making separate trips.
Although it's a very personal choice but what color did you pick? I liked white, brown & silver with silver being my favourite although I feel that if car is even a little dirty then silver won't get the chance to shine through!
I was in the market for a sedan or for csuv and I chose City over Kushaq.
In the Skoda TD all 4 members of my family including me felt motion sickness. I loved it's exterior and it's inside cabin and NVH is certainly better than City and I found it's form factor perfect for city driving and parking. Ongoing quality issues with Kushaq, past history of Skoda, 3L price difference over City, very slow pickup from standstill and at very low speeds were -ves for Skoda Kushaq.
We decided to not to wait for Astor as besides it's plush interior and a very attractive front grill I don't think it will be any better than City or Kushaq. Besides it seems that it's initial deliveries will be a lottery and I don't appreciate this type of business model.
neeraj0272 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:57   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhvikas101 View Post
The last setting looks like a indirect fix to non-auto sensing wipers, curious to know if someone else has tried?
What I have heard is City 5th gen is missing on auto sensing wipers.
It is actually ‘wiper-sensing-headlights’, if you can call it that! LOL!

The headlights turn on when the wipers are activated.

Quote:
2 queries.
Is 25w enough for the projector?
What about High Beam which led to go for?
Yes, 25W is sufficient in LED. From what I know, the lumen output in LED is much higher than that of halogens. (Would be great if other BHPians can confirm this).

Do not go for LED in the high beam. This is for 2 reasons.

1. LED in a reflector setup is bad for the incoming traffic, because the light spreads uncontrollably.

2. White lights are not good for rain and fog. Hence, it is better to keep a halogen option, in case you’re driving in heavy rain.

You would use the low beam in most scenarios, and the white low beam would be suitable for that. My suggestion would be to not change the fog lamps even.

Last edited by nTorq : 3rd October 2021 at 09:12.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:46   #1753
BHPian

Honda has increased Cash discount on City to 20000. I will most probably book today. Any FM can guide to best discount that I can negotiate?
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:40   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
Honda has increased Cash discount on City to 20000. I will most probably book today. Any FM can guide to best discount that I can negotiate?
Brother I'm not aware of that, I want to book the same . Which dealer told you that? I'll go to that dealer . By the way which variant are you opting for?
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:57   #1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Brother I'm not aware of that, I want to book the same . Which dealer told you that? I'll go to that dealer . By the way which variant are you opting for?
You can check it out for yourself at m.hondacarindia.com/offers
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-af4b12f4bb80432d976b8692e5b4a194.jpeg  

singhvikas101 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks