Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:05   #1756
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Brother I'm not aware of that, I want to book the same . Which dealer told you that? I'll go to that dealer . By the way which variant are you opting for?
Check out their website - https://www.hondacarindia.com/offers
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:09   #1757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Brother I'm not aware of that, I want to book the same . Which dealer told you that? I'll go to that dealer . By the way which variant are you opting for?
ZX CVT in Golden Brown. I just TD it. It's a lovely car with the only issue seeming that it's CVT shifts gears at rather higher rpm resulting in engine noise.
neeraj0272 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 20:02   #1758
BHPian

I got a quote of 16.85 L including 0% dep insurance and TCS with registration in individual name. So basically besides Honda discount of 20k and 5k for loyalty bonus I was offered a discount of 15k with both the dealers almost insisting on their insurance. They claimed that these insurance by Honda will be more beneficial for me with 0 depreciation up to 10 years and unlimited claims in a year.
I can deduct 8.3k for optional basic kit from 16.86. Separately basic kit and front parking sensors can be had for 16k. I am inclined to buy this from dealers and avoid going to any other vendor.
neeraj0272 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 20:30   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
I got a quote of 16.85 L including 0% dep insurance and TCS with registration in individual name. So basically besides Honda discount of 20k and 5k for loyalty bonus I was offered a discount of 15k with both the dealers almost insisting on their insurance. They claimed that these insurance by Honda will be more beneficial for me with 0 depreciation up to 10 years and unlimited claims in a year.
I can deduct 8.3k for optional basic kit from 16.86. Separately basic kit and front parking sensors can be had for 16k. I am inclined to buy this from dealers and avoid going to any other vendor.
Brother may I know which dealer promised you the same? I'm on the lookout for same ZX CVT!
Old 4th October 2021, 01:52   #1760

Test drove ZX CVT last week. After going through great reviews on various forums I was convinced it was the car I would go for. However the whole experience was underwhelming. Here are a few things that I observed:
1. The plastic quality inside is strictly average. While there are some soft touch materials, the hard plastics form majority of the driver touch points
2. There is no underhood insulation
3. The build quality is not great. The door lining on the TD car was coming off with just 5k on the ODO
4. As observed by many, the CVT is a huge disappointment. The rubber band effect is prominent and kills the joy of driving.
Excelsior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 10:20   #1761
BHPian

Hello Folks,
Just found out a nice trick to disable the Wireless car entry on my Honda city 5G V CVT(might be applicable on other variants too).

The key fob usually come with a transmitter which keeps connection with the base station (car). However, this in many instances could be misused in the hands of a capable thief. The way we could disable is by pressing the Lock and Unlock button together until we see the small red light on the key fob blink. This would switch off the transmitter, which is used for keyless entry. Further, it is just a one time thing. It gets activated back automatically once we unlock and lock it the way we typically do.

I have tried to give a small demo. Hope it helps everyone who park their cars outside and in risky areas.

Swarup5 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 19:27   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
Test drove ZX CVT last week. After going through great reviews on various forums I was convinced it was the car I would go for. However the whole experience was underwhelming. Here are a few things that I observed:
1. The plastic quality inside is strictly average. While there are some soft touch materials, the hard plastics form majority of the driver touch points
2. There is no underhood insulation
3. The build quality is not great. The door lining on the TD car was coming off with just 5k on the ODO
4. As observed by many, the CVT is a huge disappointment. The rubber band effect is prominent and kills the joy of driving.
Taken delivery of Honda city last week. And what you said is heartbreaking if true . Except the 1st point, I have no issues whatsoever. Underhood insulation is there in ZX trim and I am sure it would be there for other variants too. Not sure which car you have seen. Time will tell about point 3 but honda cars have a good repute for build quality and this gen comes with improved body structure. The CVTs will have some rubber band effect but accompanied with paddle shifters, I am getting used to the rhythm (I would say it taming the CVT or its other way round probably - whatever works). Since car choice is mainly driven by budget, I believe no car can satisfy a 100% and we can find shortcomings in any car. But 100% happiness is guaranteed if you get rid of the self talks and enjoy what you have put your money into.

Go with your heart. Buy what you love. Share your process. Would like to hear what you bought and why...
sprinter is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 21:10   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Taken delivery of Honda city last week. And what you said is heartbreaking if true . Except the 1st point, I have no issues whatsoever. Underhood insulation is there in ZX trim and I am sure it would be there for other variants too. Not sure which car you have seen. Time will tell about point 3 but honda cars have a good repute for build quality and this gen comes with improved body structure. The CVTs will have some rubber band effect but accompanied with paddle shifters, I am getting used to the rhythm (I would say it taming the CVT or its other way round probably - whatever works). Since car choice is mainly driven by budget, I believe no car can satisfy a 100% and we can find shortcomings in any car. But 100% happiness is guaranteed if you get rid of the self talks and enjoy what you have put your money into.

Go with your heart. Buy what you love. Share your process. Would like to hear what you bought and why...
Under hood insulation exists in VX as well, and like you said, I’m sure it is there in V as well.

Plastics are just OK, but I guess that’s okay.

The sheet metal could have been better, but I guess that’s how Japanese cars are, with FE in mind.

The audio system could have been better IMO.

The biggest crib I have is the lack of torque. I’m coming from a Ritz diesel, and I miss the mid-range punch when you have to make quick overtakes. When I was buying, my heart said Creta (Diesel) and mind said City. Went with my mind, and sometimes the heart feels bad (specifically during overtakes!). LOL.

Here’s my story (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62).
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 21:23   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
The story of our Verna SX IVT in Starry Night

Attachment 2215044
Hi everyone, I had been considering the City for a while and ended up buying a Verna SX IVT instead. Plugging the post here in case it is helpful to people in the same boat.

Net net - I got the VX equivalent model at less than the CITY V price, with similar engine/ gearbox combination. May make sense for folks not looking at the rear seat space.
Tapish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 00:38   #1765

Finally after 3 months and 5000+ km on the odometer, managed to get some time to share my experience with you all.

Background Story:
2015: I got my first car (4th Gen Honda City V MT Diesel). This car was the 1st Major upgrade in my family. Me & My father have been driving Hatchbacks for the last 13 Years. This car had done 99000 KM on the Odo. Though I had insisted for and Automatic, my father was not in favour of the same due to obvious fear of lower FE & Automatic Gearbox repair costs. Good car with excellent mileage in the City (18+) as well as Highway (22+)

2018: Dad upgrades from Dzire to Verna 1.6D AT. One sweet Diesel AT combination. The power output is just too good.

2021: I felt the need to upgrade my ride since I do lot of long distance driving and was evaluating Creta, Kushaq & Taigun as I have 2 sedan already in the house.
Did the TD for Creta & Seltos. While my wife liked the interior of creta better and the Music system was also good, she seemed to feel nauseated due to the higher CG of both cars compared to the Honda City. Plus the new Honda City (ZX) had better safety ratings with Anti Pinch windows for all doors. (I have accidentally got my wife's hand stuck in the window frame not once but twice ). My wife was very clear I would someday end up doing the same with our 2 year old Kid. Also, my wife just couldn't adjust to the small rear space viz a vis the existing City.

And that is how we got another Sedan & Honda City in the house.

The experience so far has been nothing less than what is expected from Honda. Super refined Engine with good power on demand. Long trips have been super comfortable and fun. The Leather seats are super comfortable (though I feel the under thigh support is poor compared to my Previous City). GC has never been an issue in the previous car and same is applicable here as well.

The HU is average with the rear view Cam and Lane change cam is an Eye sore. Honda needs to considerable up its game in this department.

Plenty of storage space in the car. I sometimes have to check all places for things I have kept (2 Phones, Keys, Wallet, receipts, Change etc etc).

I too have experienced the Right leg pain at times while driving this car. I feel this is caused due to trying to keep a light foot on the Accelerator to preserve precious drops of Fuel.

The large windows while keeping the car feel airy and large, invites a lot of sunlight into the cabin leading to heating and Frequent AC setting change due to one part being too hot and other being too cold. Getting Sun blinds is a must.

The ORVM needs 2-3 days to get used to.

Did not feel the need for ventilated seats yet since I got the car during Monsoon.

The rear reading lights are too far in the backseat. This impacts searching for items on the back seat during night driving conditions.

Had experienced Glove box rattle sound and sun roof rattle sound issues which were resolved during the 1st Service.

Tyre size feels just right for me (coming from 175 mm on the 4th Gen).

Trye noise is very prominent inside cabin.

During long rides (300+KM Non stop) the TPMS will start showing deflation warning message on the center console (Probably due to Pressure changes). Need to be reset every time. Nitrogen gas is recommended before such long journey.

Suspension is a tad too soft. With full speed wiper action in a stationary car, the car starts to bobble slightly due to the impact of the wiper motion.

Led Headlights have good throw and visibility during the night.

All in All this is a good car for people looking for Reliable Automatic cars with good features and feel good factors.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img3120.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img4249.jpg  

abhishek242001 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 06:23   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek242001 View Post

2021: I felt the need to upgrade my ride since I do lot of long distance driving and was evaluating Creta, Kushaq & Taigun as I have 2 sedan already in the house.
Did the TD for Creta & Seltos. While my wife liked the interior of creta better and the Music system was also good, she seemed to feel nauseated due to the higher CG of both cars compared to the Honda City. .
Congrats for your purchase. I have also booked one.
I too wanted to buy a SUV for a change and my children are almost insisting to buy SUV but when we TD Kushaq we all 4 felt motion sickness. Even while driving Astor I felt the same.
I talked to a friend who has XUV500 and he said that backseaters suffer from too much body roll.
So does one gets used to this feeling of motion sickness after some time?
Also can you give some detailed review of its CVT. While I was TD it I concentrated on its pickup so I pressed the pedal hard all the time but this resulted in high Engine RPM noise mostly which we found irritating. As we were driving in peak Delhi traffic I was not able to go above 50 at any time.
But later on I think that was impractical driving on my part.
How much this high engine rpm noise will be bothering in day to day city rides?
Old 5th October 2021, 09:13   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Also can you give some detailed review of its CVT. While I was TD it I concentrated on its pickup so I pressed the pedal hard all the time but this resulted in high Engine RPM noise mostly which we found irritating. As we were driving in peak Delhi traffic I was not able to go above 50 at any time.
Let me pitch in here too.

Gentle inputs will see much better (instant) pick up and acceleration and you won't feel any noticeable lag. If you want to be aggressive and press the pedal to metal, there is a 1 second lag, then the RPM shoots up, car starts to accelerate slowly for the next half a second (in all, a clear noticeable rubber band effect for 1.5 - 2 seconds). Then, the fun. after initial 2 seconds, you get to experience the duo - the addictive engine sound and the quick linear acceleration till 6.5K RPM. It's a clean and continuous pull rather than a sudden push back you get in diesel or turbo petrols (but for a limited Revv range only). And you can clearly feel that the car is still pulling till the end of RPM range. This is very unlike any car/engine you get at this price range.

Coming to practical usage. Does the CVT have rubber band effect? - Yes
Is that noticeable? - Yes, but less than the Hyundai IVT.
Do you need to plan quick overtaking maneuvers? - Plan probably half a second earlier to be sure. I personally didn't feel the need till now (maybe because I switched from Petrol Chevy Beat).
How effective is sports mode/paddle shifters? - I find sports mode to be more effective for aggressive driving than the paddle shifters. I have still not got used to, of using the paddles while on winding roads. Sports mode is quite fun.

Driving a CVT is a very different feeling. While in a TC or DCT auto, you can feel the gear changes (and a very slight jerk, similar to a MT and hence not strange), here you just hear the RPM changes with absolutely no jerk. We are so used to of the sync between gear and RPM changes that the CVT feels strange and the "rubber band" effect feels more than what actually is.

Last edited by Nav-i-gator : 5th October 2021 at 09:17.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 10:02   #1768
BHPian

Quote:
City IVTEC is usually a very Rev happy engine, whereas CVT isn't so enthusiastic compared to the likes of DSG. The sooner you accept the fact, the better you will enjoy the car.

Personally I chose City VCVT after driving the Ford TDCi Turbo MT on my previous Figo Aspire. It was a very different feeling and slightly disappointing (MT Diesel to Petrol CVT), however I have found ways around the ever so slightly present rubber band effect .

Having said all that, there is a nifty little feature called paddle shifters which work even on D mode, not just sports mode. I use this very frequently right around 3k/4k RPM where the engine screams(or gets roar ish) to be up shifted, and there begins the magic of High end RPMs of iVTEC where everything gets so settled and quick.

It takes some time to get going with the CVT side of things, but it makes the life a lot more easy once you get used to it. Driving like YouTubers who complain not being able to wheelspin on a CVT is just not the expectation you should have.
Swarup5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 15:29   #1769
BHPian

Friends, need some help.

1) May I know the insurance cost for the ZX CVT version when you purchased the car? The dealer has quoted almost 55K for B2B, Zero Dep insurance with Road side assistance, and Engine protect here in Kerala. When I check in policy bazaar, the quote is approx. 33K from United India even with more options than what the dealer has mentioned. Below are the options I selected while getting the quote from Policy Bazaar.

2) I am confused on the "Personal Accident Cover (Additional Covers)" and the "Accessories" section below. Whether the "Accessories" option is required to cover even the fitments that came along with the car from factory? Also won't the driver and passengers are covered as part of the Basic Motor Cover itself? Or do we need to include that add-on while purchasing the insurance? I don't see an option to select the amount for "Owner" though. Is it fixed by default?
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-insurance-options.png  

Old 5th October 2021, 15:58   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Friends, need some help.

1) May I know the insurance cost for the ZX CVT version when you purchased the car? The dealer has quoted almost 55K for B2B, Zero Dep insurance with Road side assistance, and Engine protect here in Kerala. When I check in policy bazaar, the quote is approx. 33K from United India even with more options than what the dealer has mentioned. Below are the options I selected while getting the quote from Policy Bazaar.
United India quote is with or without GSt?
Even I want to take insurance policy from my friend but first of all dealer is insisting to take policy from him otherwise I think dealer will reduce other discounts on car.
Also dealer is saying that they will give policy from Insurance companies having tie ups with Honda. I will be going with dealer for insurance policy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks