Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:17   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitbhutoria View Post
I wish to get Leatherette Seat Covers for my VX City as it is already getting soiled. In Kolkata went to a car accessories shop and he claims that all seat covers are Airbags friendly as it is just a moniker used by some to mint extra money. The fitting and collection was good and my friend already got the covers installed today. What is your suggestion?
Airbag compatible seat covers will have provision for the functioning of side airbags. There are two options
1) Full cover with special thread-stitching on the side. This thread is weak and facilitate functioning of airbags.
2) Cover with an opening on the side. Toyota used to give this type as an official accessory with the Yaris. There are also vendors like Elegent Auto who offers similar design. Please check their website.

Please do not listen to the accessory shop guy. Check in your city if anyone offer proper airbag compatible cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalggk View Post
A better idea would be to get the seat covers by Honda since they have it as part of accessories.
Problem is fit is not good and it kind of ruin the look of the interior.

Last edited by Latheesh : 22nd October 2021 at 08:21.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:39   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitbhutoria View Post
he claims that all seat covers are Airbags friendly as it is just a moniker used by some to mint extra money
It is dangerous to take a risk with safety features like the airbag isn't it?

Personally I would not even buy the honda's own seat-cover which is 'air-bag friendly'. But then I dont need a cover for my ZX which has leather.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:21   #1833
BHPian

Has anyone here managed to import the RS kit for the new City, specifically the rear bumper? Something like this one:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...1&d=1634925058
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-hondacityrsrearbumper.jpeg  

Old 23rd October 2021, 21:42   #1834
BHPian

Maybe it's my biased eyes as I just bought a City but I find at least on Delhi roads a disproportionate number of Honda cars especially Honda City. Disproportionate because I think Honda never matched the volumes of major car manufacturers in India but yet everywhere I see I find Honda cars parked and running on the roads. I think that number to between about 1out of 5 to 1 out of 10 cars running on Delhi roads to be Honda. I don't spot Hyundais that much. But we have two i10s both of which are 11 year old and driving almost perfect.
Is it maybe due to Honda's reliability and driveability?
Also recently I find many Altis & Camary on the roads too.
More mercs than A4 which means Audi has taken a backseat with BMW & Jags nowhere to be found. What a fall for Jaguar!
No old Tatas to be seen. Where they have all gone?
Old 24th October 2021, 08:12   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
It is dangerous to take a risk with safety features like the airbag isn't it?

Personally I would not even buy the honda's own seat-cover which is 'air-bag friendly'. But then I dont need a cover for my ZX which has leather.
You are correct I should have gone for the ZX. With 2 kids I feel my seats are not going to last without the cover so need to take the call.
Old 24th October 2021, 09:01   #1836
BHPian

I bought a new CVT and the delivery of the same was done on 13th October. The car was parked in my home which is around 10 km from the showroom. The next day I had to go for a 100 km ride. The car had 4 people and some luggage in it. While I took the delivery I somehow was feeling that the car is bouncing a bit but still didn't pay much attention to it.

12 km into my journey the car hit a small pothole. I was cruising at 80 kmph. As soon as the car hit the pothole the front driver side tire burst. I parked the car and changed the tyre and continued with my journey but I was shocked that how could this happen. The car was cruising at 80 kmph and the pothole wasn't that big as the impact was minimal. After cruising for another 10 kms post the incident I got the air pressure checked in my tyres. The air pressure was 45 points in all tyres when it's supposed to be 30-32. This really enraged me. I came back and talked to the dealer but the dealer isn't ready to listen. Dealer says that if tyre pressure is more (even if its 55-60) the tyre never bursts. He has registered a complaint but no movement. Meanwhile, I got the tyre changed from the dealer and he charged Rs. 6750 for the same. Please let me know how should I proceed with this.

The image of the tyre is attached.The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20211021-12.27.51-pm.jpeg
rickygupta2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 10:16   #1837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
12 km into my journey the car hit a small pothole. I was cruising at 80 kmph. As soon as the car hit the pothole the front driver side tire burst. I parked the car and changed the tyre and continued with my journey but I was shocked that how could this happen. The car was cruising at 80 kmph and the pothole wasn't that big as the impact was minimal.
Your tyre sidewall got pinched and your alloy has damage , certainly it appears to be a rather sharp edged pothole. You could check with Bridgestone if they are ready to replace the tyre as it's quite new but otherwise not much can be done. Consider it as breakage and move on.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 11:59   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the short post, but has anyone got any idea if the rear seats can be folded ? If so how can it be done ? I didn't find any release mechanism near the seats nor in the boot.

Last edited by TrackDay : 24th October 2021 at 12:01.
Old 24th October 2021, 12:23   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Sorry for the short post, but has anyone got any idea if the rear seats can be folded ? If so how can it be done ? I didn't find any release mechanism near the seats nor in the boot.
As far as I know, it can't be folded.
Old 24th October 2021, 20:09   #1840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
12 km into my journey the car hit a small pothole. I was cruising at 80 kmph. As soon as the car hit the pothole the front driver side tire burst. I parked the car and changed the tyre and continued with my journey but I was shocked that how could this happen.
Ricky, thank God nothing happened, as with a tyre burst, especially the front, things could have gotten nasty. I think it could be combination of factors, high air pressure, a particularly sharp edged bump and sheer bad luck. You have raised it with the dealer who is not responding, complain to the tyre manufacturer and see how far it goes since it’s a brand new car/tyre. It’s going to be difficult to prove anything (high tyre pressure, they will blame the pothole) and you might be wasting more time and resources by going any deeper.

If nothing comes out of it, let it go. Chalk it up as bad luck which luckily didn’t do any harm besides create a nuisance and a hit to your pocket. Forget about this incident and enjoy your car to the fullest.

Congratulations and all the best!

Cheers
Old 25th October 2021, 22:23   #1841
BHPian

Happened to witness these beauties! While one looks minimal and subdued, the other looks flamboyant and muscular.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20211023_213019.jpg

In case, if someone wishes to take a trip down memory lane,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post2526983 (City Sleek or Civic Sense? A short comparison of the two)
eccentric is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 22:36   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
I believe the Thai version can be folded. Had seen a video once where the rear seats are clamped in the boot and unclamping from boot releases the seat..I searched for the same and asked my SA only to get a no as answer

Hi
I am facing the issue with my walk away auto lock feature. 1 out of 5 times it doesn't auto lock upon walking away from the car. I have to then use the remote key to lock. Has anyone got similar issue? If yes then what is the solution. I will be taking the car for first service. Hope it gets resolved

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th October 2021 at 22:47. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 27th October 2021, 23:05   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
I am facing the issue with my walk away auto lock feature. 1 out of 5 times it doesn't auto lock upon walking away from the car. I have to then use the remote key to lock. Has anyone got similar issue? If yes then what is the solution. I will be taking the car for first service. Hope it gets resolved
I too have the same issue and was wondering if it is just for me. Now when you too mentioned it, I did a Google search and looks like I wasn't following the correct procedure. I wasn't waiting for that beep sound to come before walking away as mentioned in the below link.

Will try this next time to see if that addresses the issue.

https://owners.honda.com/utility/dow..._Auto_Lock.pdf

Last edited by sreerknair : 27th October 2021 at 23:14.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 14:14   #1844

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I too have the same issue and was wondering if it is just for me. Now when you too mentioned it, I did a Google search and looks like I wasn't following the correct procedure. I wasn't waiting for that beep sound to come before walking away as mentioned in the below link.

Will try this next time to see if that addresses the issue.
I tried this and it didn't work for me, I thought I would be doing something wrong but then I saw the setting and it was set to off. Not sure if thats the factory default, but after activation it works like charm for me.
Old 28th October 2021, 18:36   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
I believe the Thai version can be folded. Had seen a video once where the rear seats are clamped in the boot and unclamping from boot releases the seat..I searched for the same and asked my SA only to get a no as answer
Indian and Thai Honda sedans are the ones that don't have the split folding rear seats. At least, the City and the Civic models. The Malaysian and Indonesian Honda sedans usually have this feature. A very useful feature that was present in the Yaris.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed