Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 22:19   #1846
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
He has registered a complaint but no movement. Meanwhile, I got the tyre changed from the dealer and he charged Rs. 6750 for the same. Please let me know how should I proceed with this.
The image of the tyre is attached.Attachment 2222985
I have had the exact same thing happen to my brand new ZX CVT. These Ecopia tyres are not reliable at all and are basically the cheapest versions of the Bridgestone group. I've asked for a replacement and placed a warranty request with the dealer but that has been denied. Anyone not taking GTOs advice on changing the tyres deserves this I guess. Sorry for the pun but GTO was right. Change to 185s at the dealership or forever hold thy peace
pratyaksh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:24   #1847
BHPian

What should be the tire pressure of 5th Gen City ZX if you are traveling for long distance of more than 350 kilometers in a day? The driver side panel says 32/30 for Front/Rear tires respectively. But is it valid at all times irrespective of distance and load? Can someone let me know please.
Old 29th October 2021, 12:39   #1848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
What should be the tire pressure of 5th Gen City ZX if you are traveling for long distance of more than 350 kilometers in a day? The driver side panel says 32/30 for Front/Rear tires respectively. But is it valid at all times irrespective of distance and load? Can someone let me know please.
You can keep 32/30 if you are travelling alone. With rear passengers + luggage 32/32 is fine.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 13:16   #1849
BHPian

Hello BHPians

When I bought Honda City V MT in August 2020, it came with 185/60 R15 84H Goodyear Triplemax tyres. At that time I wanted to go for wider tyres. So after a day or two, I went to nearby tyre shop and inquired about 205/55 R15 ones. Continental MC5 were available on this size. Shop owner, who is also a Continental dealer, asked 4600 per tyre and he was offering 3800 per tyre for Goodyear. Came back and searched the forum for the reviews on MC5. Overall reviews were positive. However I was unsure about the tyre upgrade. So I decided to not go ahead with the tyre change.

The stock tyres served me well. They never squealed or lost grip under hard acceleration, hard braking or cornering. On these tyres I visited mountains five times. They helped the car to climb some tricky stretches. However on one occasion in Manali I had to climb a narrow wet road. At a corner I had to stop to let a vehicle pass. When I started again the tyres were not able to grip this steep twisty road on which water was flowing from a nearby stream. Moreover with the age these tyres became noisy. Since Honda has not provided any sound insulation in the wheel well it became quite a nuisance.

So I wanted to go for fatter rubber which should have excellent wet grip and less noisy comfortable ride.

After returning from Spiti the front tyres started loosing thread at very high pace. And braking capabilities of the car were not confidence inspiring anymore. So I decided to change the tyres. I could have gone for the replacement of only two tyre, which is what was recommended by ASS. But I decided to replace all four.

Upon searching the forum, I came across the praises for Continental UC6. These are marketed as excellent wet grip all-rounder tyres. UC6 are not available in my preferred 205/55 R15 size. With MC5 being discontinued the only option was to go for 195/60 R15 88V. Got them at 5500 a piece from the same local Continental dealer whom I had visited last year.

I have put around 100 km on these tyres. The road noise is reduced by quite a margin and ride quality has improved a lot. Braking is again back to the new car level if not better. There is no major change to the looks. Wheel wells still look like they could do better with wider tyres. I feel on the stock alloys even 205 will not stick out.
Learner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 19:51   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learner View Post
I feel on the stock alloys even 205 will not stick out.
Don't know about the new Honda City but I've been using Michelin Primacy 3ST followed by Continental UC6 in 205 size on my 2014 Honda City - runs beautifully even now.
reppy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 20:47   #1851
BHPian

After a lot of cross-shopping, segment hopping and utter confusion over the last year or so (long story for some other time), finally made up my mind and booked the ZX CVT earlier this week.

Delivery on Tuesday, wish me luck

PS: Here’s a pic from the PDI done yesterday. Can't wait to get my hands on this beauty now!

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-save_20211031_204532.jpg
mAndArk is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 22:08   #1852
BHPian

Congratulations.
Just took a slow evening drive for half an hour in my neighborhood in my new ZX CVT which has run only 250km. It was very 'tranquil' I would say.
I hope it would always remain so.
neeraj0272 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 05:44   #1853
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAndArk View Post
After a lot of cross-shopping, segment hopping and utter confusion over the last year or so (long story for some other time), finally made up my mind and booked the ZX CVT earlier this week.

Delivery on Tuesday, wish me luck

PS: Here’s a pic from the PDI done yesterday. Can't wait to get my hands on this beauty now!

Attachment 2226572
Congratulations and Welcome to the Breed.
So the PDI is done in the terrace of Brigade Honda

Please help me with your name as I cannot DM you since you are new here.

Last edited by src : 1st November 2021 at 05:46. Reason: Added a comment
src is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 07:39   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Congratulations and Welcome to the Breed.
So the PDI is done in the terrace of Brigade Honda

Please help me with your name as I cannot DM you since you are new here.
Thanks src. Yes, it was indeed done on the 2nd floor open terrace at Brigade Honda!

I've sent you an email on the address shared in the tyre upgrade thread. Glad to be connected, thanks again
mAndArk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 04:57   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra28 View Post
3d Beige color Kagu mats for 8k in Konark - The House of Car Accessories. I made a mistake and purchased old gen Honda city mats. Nevertheless, it fits well and gives premium feel
When you say old gen, do you mean the 4th or 3rd gen? I got in touch with Hot Tracks, Bangalore from 3dmats India and they quoted 9k for the same last week.

Now I'm a little confused if they even have the 5th gen customized mats available since their website has a listing for New City but the image used is for the 4th gen. There is no model year mentioned as well. Is there a way to confirm? I would rather wait or go for other options if it is not specifically designed for the 5th gen
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:25   #1856
Senior - BHPian

Honda launches the City 'V Sensing' trim level in Malaysia, with Honda's Sensing Suite which includes driver assistance systems like Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keep Assist and others. The car is powered by the 1.5L 4-cylinder DOHC i-VTEC engine (paired with a CVT), and the driver assistance being available as an option pack on the V variant means that these systems are no longer limited to the Hybrid variant (not sold in India yet).

Name:  2021HondaCity1.5LVSensinglaunchedMalaysia2630x449.jpg
Views: 1481
Size:  32.8 KB

Quote:
Honda Malaysia has introduced a new variant for the City called the 1.5L V Sensing, which retails for RM90,212 on-the-road without insurance – full sales tax exemption factored in. The new offering sits between the existing RS e:HEV hybrid (RM105,950) and V (RM86,561) in the line-up, gaining extra features over the latter.

The first is the Honda Sensing suite of safety and driver assist systems, which includes Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Collision Mitigation Braking System (autonomous emergency braking or AEB), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Auto High-Beam (AHB).

These systems are already standard with the RS e:HEV, but they were previously not available on all other City variants, until now. The V Sensing also gets a seven-inch digital instrument cluster display instead of the mainly analogue setup found in the V.

Beyond that, the rest of the V Sensing’s spec sheet is identical to the V, with standard items being 16-inch alloy wheels; LED headlamps, front fog lamps, daytime running lights and taillights; keyless entry and engine start (with remote function), paddle shifters, cruise control, single-zone automatic air-conditioning, leather upholstery, an eight-inch Display Audio head unit (with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support) and eight speakers.
Image and news courtesy: Paul Tan's Automotive News
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 23:01   #1857
BHPian

Hi all, may I know if you can answer the whatsapp calls via the 5th gen City's infotainment system or steering mounted buttons when connected through Bluetooth? I can answer normal phone calls, but whatsapp calls need to be answered from phone and it is a pain.
sreerknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 23:03   #1858
BHPian

Is there a configuration setting somewhere for this?

Context: While driving in cloudy weather or at times when the sunlight is not at is brightest but still does the job, the auto headlights come on. This is a good feature and I love it. However, there is a side effect. The display brightness in the 8-inch screen goes down several notches. Add to this when you're driving through a tree lined street, every time you pass a tree, the display brightness drops and then comes back. This is very annoying. Very frustrating while using Google Maps

I want to change the behaviour so that:

1. The 8-inch screen brightness does not work in tandem with headlights.
2. Google Maps/Android Auto ignore the headlights and follow a set time slot for changing to night mode display?
3. The brightness of the instrument cluster and instrument panel lights' is delinked from the headlights?

Any suggestions would help.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 03:56   #1859

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramanat View Post
7. The speed warnings - I am confused about these a bit. I hear a single beep when I drop speed from 100+ kmph to about 90 kmph. I am fairly certain I didn't go below 80 and climb up to 80+. Why am I hearing this?
As the car crosses 80kmph, a beep sounds every 2 minutes. Once you cross 120kmph, a more continuous beep starts sounding. This means between 80-120kmph you'd hear a beep every 2 minutes. Maybe you got confused because of this as usually in cars a single beep sounds when crossing 80kmph.
By the way, I read this in the owner's manual
aviator47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 04:11   #1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
I am facing the issue with my walk away auto lock feature. 1 out of 5 times it doesn't auto lock upon walking away from the car. I have to then use the remote key to lock.
There's two things you can check -
1. The walk away auto-lock feature is turned off by default, you have to enable it from the instrument cluster/driver info interface settings.
2. When you enable the feature, it registers it with the same key that was used to previously unlock the car. It will only work with that key and not the spare/other one. After enabling it, once you go outside and close the door, you'd hear a beep. This is an affirmation from the auto-lock system. It'll lock the car once you go ~1.5 meter away from the car.

Most Viewed