Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2021, 09:49   #1861
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator47 View Post
As the car crosses 80kmph, a beep sounds every 2 minutes. Once you cross 120kmph, a more continuous beep starts sounding. This means between 80-120kmph you'd hear a beep every 2 minutes. Maybe you got confused because of this as usually in cars a single beep sounds when crossing 80kmph.
By the way, I read this in the owner's manual
Oh? I didn't hear a beep every 2 minutes. Either I wasn't paying attention or I was never doing 80+ kmph for a continuous stretch of time. I will look out for this behavior on my next highway drive.
Old 9th November 2021, 10:07   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramanat View Post
Oh? I didn't hear a beep every 2 minutes. Either I wasn't paying attention or I was never doing 80+ kmph for a continuous stretch of time. I will look out for this behavior on my next highway drive.
I also heard only a single beep and the 80 km/hr indication comes on when we touch 80kmph. It doesn't matter if we are accelerating or decelerating.
Old 9th November 2021, 10:31   #1863
BHPian

Hello everyone. I recently checked out the city and really liked what it had to offer. I am in the market for a manual petrol car. A couple of questions:
1. Did City owners in Kolkata face any issues with the Ground Clearance? Also, if I do buy the car and decide to take it to nearby places(Digha etc), would I have any trouble due to the relatively lower GC?
2. Which variant would make the most sense to buy? A colleague of mine drives the V variant and it seems incredible VFM to me. However, a few feel good features like the sunroof would be nice to have? Does it make sense to stretch the budget for a Vx or a Zx?
Thanks in advance
Old 9th November 2021, 13:42   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Hello everyone. I recently checked out the city and really liked what it had to offer. I am in the market for a manual petrol car. A couple of questions:
1. Did City owners in Kolkata face any issues with the Ground Clearance? Also, if I do buy the car and decide to take it to nearby places(Digha etc), would I have any trouble due to the relatively lower GC?
2. Which variant would make the most sense to buy? A colleague of mine drives the V variant and it seems incredible VFM to me. However, a few feel good features like the sunroof would be nice to have? Does it make sense to stretch the budget for a Vx or a Zx?
Thanks in advance
1) Not an issue
2) Depends on the budget. I have V manual and couple of things I miss are curtain airbags and leather seat cover.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 13:44   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance
Re variants, I personally always buy top most variants of a car. Back in 2004 when I bought Honda City for the 1st time, I chose a lower model. Eight years later when I was selling the car, prospective buyers wanted the top model. So I could have recovered some % of the money that I would have paid for the top most model.
Also many members have pointed out that they wish they would have chosen the top most model which in this case is ZX.
If you have made up your mind regarding a budget limit then you should obviously buy within it and every variant of City will satisfy you.
But if you are even a little bit luxury inclined and have a stretchable budget then go for ZX. Its LED headlights and leatherette seats are reasons enough to spend the extra cash. A few years down the line cars without led headlamps will look very outdated.
neeraj0272 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:31   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
But if you are even a little bit luxury inclined and have a stretchable budget then go for ZX. Its LED headlights and leatherette seats are reasons enough to spend the extra cash. A few years down the line cars without led headlamps will look very outdated.
Perfect logic. And in current car options Honda City is the only car where the spread from Base Model to Top Model is not even 3 Lacs for the CVT models. Which as an EMI or spread over 5 to 8 years of ownership will not be very high. The added safety with airbags, Sun roof, LED lights, Leatherette seats do offer that much value.

Waiting for the City RS/Hybrid to launch next year, else will be going for a ZX CVT by March.

It's a shame that Civic, CRV, BRV are discontinued. Because the new iterations being launched in Indonesia look really good.

Both Honda and Toyota are trying to ape Suzuki by discarding the premium part of portfolio and chasing the hatch and entry sedan market like Maruti. Looks like in some Japanese boardrooms, Suzuki's past success is being used as a benchmark for India strategy (Dekho, Suzuki ko, sikho kuch ! )

Not realising that Suzuki is losing marketshare fast ! Hope all 3 of them wakeup and start bringing their global portfolios in India.

Would love to see for Honda

- SUV lineup of BRV 5 seater, BRV 7 seater, HRV, CRV
- Sedan lineup of Amaze, City, City RS, Civic, Civic RS
- Hatch - Jazz replaced by City Hatch, WRV and Civic Hatch Type R ( Dream Car)
- Petrol and Diesel CVT in all options

Looks like an impossible dream as of now !
Old 9th November 2021, 18:29   #1867
BHPian

Is there any issue if I get my car serviced from a Honda workshop other than the dealer from where i bought the car?
1st service which is due after one month of car delivery is due this week.
A Honda workshop is very near to my office and getting car serviced from it would be very convenient for me. I came to know about this workshop today only otherwise I would have bought the car from them.
Dealer is calling me daily about scheduling the service but it will be out of my way and I will have to either waste a day or arrange a pickup and drop with them which I don't want for my brand new car.
Old 9th November 2021, 18:56   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
Is there any issue if I get my car serviced from a Honda workshop other than the dealer from where i bought the car?
There is no issue and you can get the car serviced anywhere in India. I generally try and stick to one service center.
fast_elegance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 21:04   #1869

Quote:
No doubt V is the most VFM variant, but as you said it does miss out on some feel good premium features,
1. The digital instrument cluster looks so sleek and elegant when compared to the amaze-like cluster present in the V variant.
2. Sunroof is something which you even though might not use much, will bring in a more luxurious/premium feeling. Mostly because sunroofs used to be associated with luxury cars in the past. In V variant, it'll always be there at the back of your mind. This is subjective though, and for me it mattered a lot.
3. The leatherette seats in ZX look and feel like they are from a segment above. Increases the premium quotient of the car by multiple levels. Fit and finish of these seats is excellent, stitching is consistent and stitching lines are even and in no place jagged. No after-market seat covers can provide this level of finish IMO.
4. The LED headlights are good and give a more premium feel. Utility wise there's no difference, just that the LED lights look good.
5. Lane watch - This is an important feature in ZX that I really like. After driving in crazy Bangalore traffic for few days I have come to realise this camera's importance. This is a super wide view camera that has a lot more field of view than what the left ORVM provides. I find it really useful to find cars/bikes in blindspots which the left ORVM can't do. Another experience where this comes handy is during merging of overbridges/underpasses/service-roads. Again the super-wide view really helps in identifying vehicles while merging.

These features make the ZX totally worth the money and if budget isn't an issue, that's the variant you should choose.
And of course as someone has mentioned, things like halogen lights are becoming outdated now, few years down the lane it'll be completely obsolete, so getting the ZX will future proof your car in a sense
aviator47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 21:06   #1870

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I also heard only a single beep and the 80 km/hr indication comes on when we touch 80kmph. It doesn't matter if we are accelerating or decelerating.
Okay, I will check out myself how the behaviour is. I read this in the manual but haven't tried it out as I don't have my registration number yet.
Old 10th November 2021, 14:40   #1871
BHPian

Hi everyone! Need some advice. My Father (78) plans on buying the 5th generation City in Mumbai. Please let me know if Honda is offering any discounts & which is a good Honda dealer in South Mumbai. I have contacted Arya Honda at Prabhadevi.
My Dad is also interested in the Taigun but I feel it would be difficult for persons of his age to get in and out considering the climb up into the seat of the SUV.
Please do advise.
Old 10th November 2021, 15:17   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
Hi everyone! Need some advice. My Father (78) plans on buying the 5th generation City in Mumbai. Please let me know if Honda is offering any discounts & which is a good Honda dealer in South Mumbai. I have contacted Arya Honda at Prabhadevi.
My Dad is also interested in the Taigun but I feel it would be difficult for persons of his age to get in and out considering the climb up into the seat of the SUV.
Please do advise.
You might want to check the ease of ingress and egress for him, I don't think the Taigun needs a climb up into the seat and should be easier than in the City.

My mother needs her walking stick to get out of the car, even though it's better than the 8th Gen Civic we had .
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 15:21   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
I feel it would be difficult for persons of his age to get in and out considering the climb up into the seat of the SUV.
Please do advise.
Isn't it the other way around. IMO, Taigun is at idle height where you kind of walk-in instead of bend and crawl into it.
Old 10th November 2021, 16:57   #1874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please do advise.
Taigun is better option comparing to the City for senior citizens. My father (age 76) struggles to get in/out of the City. He is comfortable with old Santro and he prefer it over the City.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 17:19   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Please do advise.
If you PM me, I will get you in touch with the best RM at Arya Honda. I bought from Civic from him and liked the experience.
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed