Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2022, 09:31   #2176
BHPian

Re: Second free service

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

.... went in for wheel-alignment for which I paid Rs.780. Tyres were also rotated. Though Honda recommends rotation every 10K kms, I plan to do it every 5K.
I was quoted Rs.1600 for 5 wheel balancing, alignment and tyre rotation in Honda ASC during my 3rd service. I felt it a bit costly but since that is the only cost that I was paying thanks to Honda AMC (HCMP synthetic oil) I did not argue.

Just want to check here if I was overcharged. If this is true, will do the next wheel balancing, alignment and rotation outside. Do share your views, please.

Also, one of the rear seatbelt buckles locks stopped locking. This was replaced under warranty during the 3rd service. Anyone faced similar issues?

Regards,
lsjey
Old 21st March 2022, 10:31   #2177
BHPian

Re: Second free service

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
I was quoted Rs.1600 for 5 wheel balancing, alignment and tyre rotation in Honda ASC during my 3rd service. I felt it a bit costly but since that is the only cost that I was paying thanks to Honda AMC (HCMP synthetic oil) I did not argue.

Just want to check here if I was overcharged. If this is true, will do the next wheel balancing, alignment and rotation outside.
I was persuaded to go in for wheel-balancing which would have added about Rs.800 more to my bill, but I refused (since the car is new with only 5K on the odo).

Tyre rotation is free and must be free (since they remove the tyres anyway during every routine service for checking the brakes, etc).
manim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 18:32   #2178

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Fellow bhpians and Honda lovers, please be warned that my recent experience with Honda is that they try to use any possible baseless excuse to deny warranty. They might use your tyre modification as an excuse to deny warranty. I have tried multiple service centres in NCR region, none of them want to replace defective parts, and you have to put up a serious fight to get warranty claim.

They took months to diagnose a simple defective wheel bearing issue. https://www.team-bhp.com/news/front-...old-honda-city

I have also posted about problems I have faced with my honda City Diesel and the problems are shared with Honda petrol cars also (two of my friends own Honda City petrol with similar issues).

There are many posts of issues with Honda products, here is another -
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/my-1-m...fire-destroyed.

I would advice you to stay away from Honda if you drive extensively.

Last edited by SDP : 22nd March 2022 at 17:20. Reason: Multiple typos. Please proofread your messages before posting
cherub is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st March 2022, 20:58   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak799 View Post
Folks - Could someone please tell me what is the sticky liquid at the tyre & rim intersection? It seems to be black in color and is sticky in nature. It is not spreading but is present at the same spot. Tyres are stock - Ecopia 185/55/ R16.

Help is much appreciated!!
Hi, please try washing it once, maybe too much tyre dresser + dust.
Old 22nd March 2022, 15:30   #2180

Hello Everyone. I am so glad to be part of the Team BHP.. Thank you for considering and accepting my request.

Currently i am in a looking out to buy a new sedan, I would like to get some advice and reliable contacts who would not punch a hole in my pocket.

Background:
I used to drive an Alto 2005 model, my first ever car 😊 , post that I landed with a 2007 model Fiesta 1.4 ZXI petrol which I sold after 14 years.
My major use would be more on a highway travelling to my hometown ( Bangalore- Coorg ) with family/ friends. City use would be minimal over the weekend mostly.
I got a quote for Skoda Slavia for 1.5L for 20lakhs which is a stretch of 3 lakhs is it really worth ? Virtus is another choice which I am currently ruling it out since the 1.5 MT would not be launched. I like to drive the manual car ( more of an old school type myself )

1) Recently took a test drive of the new Honda city in my Hometown ( Coorg ).
I received a quote from the Inspire Honda Mysore on ZX for 17 lakhs after a discount of 20k.
Is it a good deal ?? are there any possibility to get more discount ?
Do i need to take the extended warranty cost around 14k?
Do I need to take the Zero Depreciation cost around 10k?

2) Contacts for doing the below work on the new Car. Preferably in Bangalore or Mysore.
Damping
weather seal
underbody coating
Floor mat- Online or offline Stores which would be better ? I don’t want to get a wrong product/ fitting issues etc.
Tyres- I have seen a good review in this thread for Continental tyres CC6 197/55/R16. How much would I get for the tyres which are provided from the showroom if I get it replaced immediately after the car delivery.

3) Would like to know if any of these would void the warranty in the new car.

Would request your opinion here.

@Moderator : request you to kindly look into my post and place it in the right forum link considering this is my first post.
Old 22nd March 2022, 16:56   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Also, one of the rear seatbelt buckles locks stopped locking. This was replaced under warranty during the 3rd service. Anyone faced similar issues?
I'm facing the same issue, the middle row seatbelt just doesn't lock, thanks for this update. I would get it done in my next visit too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpbops View Post
Hello Everyone. I am so glad to be part of the Team BHP.

2) Contacts for doing the below work on the new Car. Preferably in Bangalore or Mysore.
Welcome to the forum! As many on the forum have voted, Slavia 1.5 is certainly a much superior offering if your budget permits, it offers everything for an enthusiast at a price. As with most Germans, you will have ever green reliability concerns(especially with DSG), depreciation and service experience. Having said that, if one were to pick the best car for driving enthusiasts in that segment Slavia 1.5 would certainly top the charts.

City on the other hand is a known devil, it is an all-round family sedan that no one can complain about. The craze of VTECH still lives on and the performance at high-end RPMs is something brilliant. A few upgrades are necessary ( like what you have already listed) to make it better.

If you are looking for contacts in Mysore, reach out to Car Lounge, Kuvempunagar. The quality of work is pretty good. If you want more contacts in Mysore, do PM.
Swarup5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 19:22   #2182
BHPian

I own 5th Gen City ZX CVT, so can comment on few of your queries.

Quote:

I received a quote from the Inspire Honda Mysore on ZX for 17 lakhs after a discount of 20k.
Is it a good deal ?? are there any possibility to get more discount ?
--> Yes, this is a good deal. I got my ZX CVT for 16.85L after negotiations in Oct 2021.

Quote:
Do i need to take the extended warranty cost around 14k?
--> Always advisable to go for max warranty.

Quote:
Do I need to take the Zero Depreciation cost around 10k?
--> I negotiated on the insurance by quoting external quotes to the dealer. He gave me a good deal on insurance including Zero Dep. You can try doing that too. Personally, I would go for Zero Dep.

Quote:
Tyres- I have seen a good review in this thread for Continental tyres CC6 197/55/R16. How much would I get for the tyres which are provided from the showroom if I get it replaced immediately after the car delivery.
--> Get a quote from a tyre shop for 105/55/R16 before taking the call to replace.

Quote:
Would like to know if any of these would void the warranty in the new car.
--> This is subjective. No black & white answers here. What does your SA Say?

Just came back from my 1st real long drive: Pune-Goa-Pune (900km) via the Amboli Ghat route. My car had 3 adults and boot filled about 75%. AC ON 100% of the time. A few observations:

1. Didn't notice any rubber band effect of CVT. It is smooth, linear and adequate. At no point did I feel I'm short of power.
2. Used cruise control extensively. Speeds between 85-105kmph. Mileage figures were impressive. 19.3kmpl Pune to Goa and 18.3kmpl Goa to Pune. Tankful to Tankful.
3. Sorted highway dynamics at reasonable speeds. Rear seat adult passenger didn't complain of any bounciness. Rarely can you maintain 120kmph consistently to experience the bounciness.
4. Impressed with power on tap using paddle shifters on highway+ghat scenarios.
5. Supremely comfortable seating position and leather seats. You don't feel that you have driven for 9 hours in a day.
6. NVH levels are not that great as observed by many. Dampening may help. On my cards when the time comes to change the tyres. Thinking of upgrading tyres as well at that time. Long way far- my odo is at 5k.
7. Music system sounds better when pumped up.
8. No scrapping of underbody throughout the trip. Adequate ground clearance.

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd March 2022 at 22:03. Reason: merged back to back posts.
sam264_2000 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 12:56   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post

4. Is the Golden Brown color difficult to maintain? Or fades off over years?
Having transitioned from a silver Jazz to a golden brown City, I wouldn't recommend the brown for anyone with an OCD leaning like me. Minor scratches and swirl marks show up a lot more on the brown. However, if kept well, it's got smashing good looks. "It's different"!
I've had it only for 3 months though and unable to comment on fading.
Old 24th March 2022, 13:06   #2184
BHPian

Quote:
Floor mat- Online or offline Stores which would be better ? I don’t want to get a wrong product/ fitting issues etc.
Check this out
GFX Premium TPV Long Life Car Foot Mats Compatible for City 2020-2021 (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08P5CG5MJ/...CTNA9EPA14YJR8

I bought it for Rs.3150 in Dec'21. Absolutely satisfied wrt fit, finish & overall quality.
knockout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 17:50   #2185
BHPian

Quick update on my booking experience with Dakshin Honda, Bangalore:

Contrary to the dealership in my native town Tirunelveli, the experience was drastically different with Dakshin Honda. Soon after I registered my interest on the website, a polite SA reached out to me and offered to bring the car to my office for a doorstep test drive. Having already driven my friend’s City VX for quite a bit in my native city, I only wanted to check how the car handles the infamous Bangalore roads. Except for a thud in one of the bridge joints, I found the drive to be exceptionally comfortable even over bad roads. The SA remained calm and composed throughout the entire test drive, answering my questions to the point and did not seem to be in a hurry at all (big thumbs up here).

Coming to the booking experience, I opted for the white pearl ZX CVT that has a waiting period of almost 2 months in Bangalore. I did not mind because I am just moving into the city anyway. Apart from the standard Honda cash discount, I was able to get some discounts on the insurance as well and the SA offered to provide additional discounts on the accessories once the car gets to the stockyard. Also, I opted out of the extras such as basic accessories kit (the SA did not push back at all, unlike my previous experience). After sharing some basic information and transferring a booking amount of Rs. 10,000/-, I was added to a WhatsApp group with all the point of contacts including my SA, finance agent and Honda manager, which was a good touch. All in all, it was a smooth experience so far. Hoping to have a similar delivery experience too and the wait begins.
shibulijack is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 16:20   #2186
Senior - BHPian

Replaced floor mats (part of basic accessory kit) in my City with th GFX brand 3D mat. Ordered from carhatke dot com and it took a week for the delivery. Packaging was average and there was a crease in rear mat due to fold (rear one is a single piece).
Mat is pretty good and for just 3150 Rupees it is a nice vfm alternative to the 3D kagu mat. Looks decent as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20220405_140520.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20220405_140551.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20220405_140605.jpg  

Latheesh is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 18:11   #2187
BHPian

Hey everyone,

My purchase date is nearing (waiting for return to office info) and I want to understand if anyone here can mention some good reasons I should go for the Slavia over the Honda?

As I understand, the City is more reliable, has more spare parts available at smaller repair shops, better after sales and years of experience building a class leader for India.

I'm comparing the manual petrol top end variants here.
Old 6th April 2022, 22:50   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Hey everyone,

My purchase date is nearing (waiting for return to office info) and I want to understand if anyone here can mention some good reasons I should go for the Slavia over the Honda?
City Hybrid launch is supposed to be on the 14th of April. Why not wait for it?
Old 7th April 2022, 03:58   #2189
BHPian

I have a Honda City 5th gen. MT that has done 1500kms till now in the past month. Yesterday to feel the VTEC kick I floored the gas pedal in first gear, to my surprise the the revs went above the redline into the red zone which got me concerned.

The question that's been bugging me is whether Honda City has a rev limiter for such situations or did I damage my engine by doing this?
Old 7th April 2022, 08:44   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikd21 View Post
City Hybrid launch is supposed to be on the 14th of April. Why not wait for it?
Yup, keeping an eye out for it too. Based on the price leaks, it may be out of my budget though. Waiting for the launch to decide...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks