Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2022, 12:54   #2206
Senior - BHPian

Re: Excellent Fuel-Effficiency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Happy to see your happiness in achieving these things Manim.

Amazing to see (with your earlier Civic too if I am not mistaken) on such trips you don’t find it irritating and a nuisance to drive at these speeds and having to keep a watch on the fuel efficiency figures or trying to increase them. You must be having the patience of a monk to do these things I feel boredom just by reading it

No offence friend, it’s different strokes for different folks and it’s your car, your style. Just my point of view.

Cheers
I had once extracted 13kmpl from my old Civic (MT) in regular Mumbai traffic. It needed a lot a patience and I was careful not to rev beyond 1.8k to 2k and would switch off at the signals. I was ok with watching the revvs since in Mumbai one can barely speed greater than 80, it was switching off the car with no a/c, music which finally got me and I went back to my regular driving style. With the Honda Vtec if one has the will one can definitely match the economy of the smaller Maruti's and thats the beauty of that engine. Pure Jekyl and Hyde.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 16th April 2022 at 12:55.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 18:19   #2207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I did a 600 kms drive this week. It was more than 95% on 4-lane highways (NH-38). The FE was 19.9 kmpl over 417 kms

That’s awesome! I also completed my first long drive in my City petrol manual in the first month itself. It was from Ghaziabad to Kathgodam ~ 260 kms one side and managed to get a mileage of 17 kmpl in the entire round trip which included mostly highway driving with AC along with a 2 km stretch where I was stuck in heavy jam for almost 30 mins which would have impacted the mileage a bit. However in the highway I was not exceeding 90 kmph keeping in mind the run in period.

I am hopeful that after the first service things will only get better. Reading your post reassures me.
divirokr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 18:10   #2208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Thanks for this post. I did a similar drive today and my car returned an impressive 27.7 KMPL mileage. This is City’s sibling Jazz in its diesel avatar.
This is unreal! I know that the Honda diesel is one of the most economical engines out there, but this is cheaper than running a hybrid!
nTorq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 19:37   #2209
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

hello all,

An update from my side, after multiple test drives and a back and forth between the City and the Slavia and the Nexon, we have finally booked the 5th Gen City.

While both Slavia and the Nexon looks like a good package but I was very apprehensive of the Skoda ASS and TATA ASS. May be I am being paranoid but I do not want to have a troubled ownership after plonking more than a million bucks.

Model booked : Honda City ZX MT Petrol
Booking amount : 21000
Delivery : 1 month waiting

We briefly considered the Hybrid City but the low running of the car owing to continued WFH did not justify paying the premium over the ZX MT.

Our current ride is a 2012 WagonR which we will be retaining. She has been a reliable war horse for the last decade and it is going to be incredibly difficult to let her go.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 20:04   #2210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Model booked : Honda City ZX MT Petrol
Congrats! Is there a reason why you opted for MT instead of CVT?
Old 18th April 2022, 20:57   #2211
BHPian

Quote:
And considering the Petrol prices, it makes me smile!
It made me smile too. One thing is your FE figures and secondly, I am planning to buy a City Petrol MT.
Old 19th April 2022, 09:45   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Hello sir,

We had an initial budget of 12-13 L with Nexon in mind, but then the city happened. So extended our budget to accomodate the ZX as it provided the 6 air bags + leather upholstery + LED lights. Adding a CVT would have further increased the cost by 1.5 L. Also my drive is limited to about 300-400 kms in a month so driving a MT is not going to be a big pain. So ZX MT it is.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 10:06   #2213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello sir,

We had an initial budget of 12-13 L with Nexon in mind, but then the city happened. So extended our budget to accomodate the ZX as it provided the 6 air bags + leather upholstery + LED lights. Adding a CVT would have further increased the cost by 1.5 L. Also my drive is limited to about 300-400 kms in a month so driving a MT is not going to be a big pain. So ZX MT it is.

Regards
Diesel
Thanks. I had an initial budget of 12L and stretched a bit and gone for V MT. Sometimes I feel I should have streeeetched and gone for ZX CVT (for the convenience of CVT + 6 airbags + superb seat covers)
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 01:11   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Quote:
Hello sir,

Regards
Diesel
The game of stretching.. ha! I had started with the plan of buying an electric scooter for my wife, then stretched it to the Nexon EV, which stretched to the Honda City, which finally stretched to the ZX model. A man (or woman) satisfies his/her ego by increasing elasticity - the price for which is an EMI.

Meanwhile my Honda City had its first taste of agony in 6 months thanks to a flower pot somehow finding its way to enter my car all the way from the 6th floor.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20220417_174526.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th April 2022 at 11:32. Reason: Poorly typed post.
sprinter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 08:29   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
The game of stretching.. ha! I had started with the plan of buying an electric scooter for my wife, then stretched it to the Nexon EV, which stretched to the Honda City, which finally stretched to the ZX model. A man (or woman) satisfies his/her ego by increasing elasticity - the price for which is an EMI.

Meanwhile my Honda City had its first taste of agony in 6 months thanks to a flower pot somehow finding its way to enter my car all the way from the 6th floor.

Attachment 2298387
Well no EMI for me, I am going all in. Hope there were no injuries from the flower pot.

Update : My SA has said that our delivery might happen by the 10th of May. The wait is on.

Regards
Diesel
Old 22nd April 2022, 15:36   #2216
src
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post

Attachment 2298387
Hello Sprinter,

Ouch, could feel the pain by seeing the image.
Have you replaced the Glass under Insurance and what was the actual cost?

Any impact on Leather Seats by broken glass pieces and lastly how could the interior made glass free.
Raising this question since with kids these small glass pieces from nook and corner is really worrying.

Please share your updates.
src is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 19:50   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Hello Sprinter,

Ouch, could feel the pain by seeing the image.
Have you replaced the Glass under Insurance and what was the actual cost?

Any impact on Leather Seats by broken glass pieces and lastly how could the interior made glass free.
Raising this question since with kids these small glass pieces from nook and corner is really worrying.

Please share your updates.

13K for glass (covered 100% in insurance)
2.5 K for interior cleaning (not covered in insurance) - They said they would first sweep and then vacuum clean it but I'm not sure about the effectiveness. I'm worried myself about the hidden places where glass particles & pieces could go in...keeping my fingers crossed. I will once inspect myself while taking delivery.
sprinter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 10:56   #2218
Senior - BHPian

Dear Team,
I see red Honda city with white colored Michelin tyres in upgraded size.

May I know the tyre size upgrade done on Honda City 5th gen as I see upgrade to 195/55 ?

has any one done to 205/55 R16?

what's pro and cos? any modification is needed or just change the tyres?

or please guide me to link if already posted.

I am planning the same.

Thank you from Ravi

Last edited by ravibhat : 24th April 2022 at 10:59.
Old 24th April 2022, 11:46   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Dear Team,
I see red Honda city with white colored Michelin tyres in upgraded size.

May I know the tyre size upgrade done on Honda City 5th gen as I see upgrade to 195/55 ?

has any one done to 205/55 R16?

what's pro and cos? any modification is needed or just change the tyres?

or please guide me to link if already posted.

I am planning the same.

Thank you from Ravi
Yes i have upgraded to 205/55/16 michelins, there is absolutely no need of any modifications for this size, its a perfect fit to oem alloys, no change in steering feedback, have not felt any change in fuel efficiency either. Car feels more planted and in my personal opinion after using this set for about 40k kms the car handles superbly, also the wheels look in proportion to the car now. Hope this helps
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 11:52   #2220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Yes i have upgraded to 205/55/16 michelins, there is absolutely no need of any modifications for this size, its a perfect fit to oem alloys, no change in steering feedback, have not felt any change in fuel efficiency either. Car feels more planted and in my personal opinion after using this set for about 40k kms the car handles superbly, also the wheels look in proportion to the car now. Hope this helps
By any chance will cause the warranty to be void? Just wanted to know if the manual refers to this size as applicable to the car. Sometimes in case of warranty claims Honda can get finicky and say that the car does not have factory spec tyres and could try to weasel their way out of a warranty claim in case it arises.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks