Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2022, 12:06   #2251

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Just as a quick incremental update:

01. The insurance claim is officially approved
02. Despite multiple follow-ups with Honda India on email, and Twitter- no one from Honda has reached out at all. Have only received standard boilerplate responses
03. Status quo with the Service Centre. They continue to say that the part has to come from Japan. ETA provided is 21st May 2022

This is a first for me. None of my previous cars waited in the workshop for such a long period. Didn't expect this from Honda, especially on the current-gen model that was purchased ~6 months back.
Old 14th May 2022, 11:15   #2252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by congruent.cars View Post
Just as a quick incremental update:

01. The insurance claim is officially approved
02. Despite multiple follow-ups with Honda India on email, and Twitter- no one from Honda has reached out at all. Have only received standard boilerplate responses
03. Status quo with the Service Centre. They continue to say that the part has to come from Japan. ETA provided is 21st May 2022

This is a first for me. None of my previous cars waited in the workshop for such a long period. Didn't expect this from Honda, especially on the current-gen model that was purchased ~6 months back.
Rats once chewed off my Civic's main wires. The car was towed to Linkway at Bhandup. Insurance was approved. I was told the entire harness would need to be replaced and it would take several days. I waited 15 days but there was no sign of the parts arriving. Finally I got frustrated and towed the car to my garage guy in Chembur who manged to rewire the harness in 8k Rs. Honda was claimng a 20-40k in expenses most of which would have been borne by the insurance but I was not ready to wait for the harness to arrive. I was later told it would have taken 20-30 days atleast. I also had to pay 3.4k in parking charges since the car was with them for nearly 15 days.

I am certainly not advocating that you take the care to a FNG. But if the part is not in stock it may take time. Also please see that the rat menance is taken care of. This (Protecting cars from the RAT menace - Autoshine Rat Spray (Mumbai)) works for me. Also please refer to this for more rat related prevention.

Good Luck.
Old 16th May 2022, 20:16   #2253
BHPian

I will be taking delivery of 'ZX CVT' in the next few days.

Kindly advise on these points.
  • Should I refuse the basic kit and get floor mats from a local accessory shop.

• I want front parking sensors installed at the dealership but the installation seems complicated. Could there be any issues?

• Should/Can I push for Insurance from outside? ( Agent friend can give me an excellent deal ).

• I will upgrade to Continental UC6 205/55-R16, Is that size & tyre good?

• How much dealer discount is possible?

Other suggestions are welcome
Old 16th May 2022, 20:52   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
I will be taking delivery of 'ZX CVT' in the next few days.

Kindly advise on these points.
  • Should I refuse the basic kit and get floor mats from a local accessory shop.

• I want front parking sensors installed at the dealership but the installation seems complicated. Could there be any issues?

• Should/Can I push for Insurance from outside? ( Agent friend can give me an excellent deal ).

• I will upgrade to Continental UC6 205/55-R16, Is that size & tyre good?

• How much dealer discount is possible?

Other suggestions are welcome
The basic kit has other stuff as well not just mats, so look at the full list and decide. Though overpriced the quality is decent.

If the installation is done through the dealer than I don't see any complications with the sensors.

Honda assure covers engine protect, etc so ensure that you get these covered in your insurance from outside however here in Mumbai I did not find much difference in the insurance price from outside.

If you are upgrading than I suppose it should be 205/50 R16, continentals are good how much are they quoting in exchange ? I was offered 5k in exchange for Yokohamas 195/55 R16. Referthus to visualise the difference in tyre sizes.
https://tiresize.com/comparison/
I have decided to stick to the stock tyres as they seem adequate in normal driving conditions.

Dealer discounts largely depend on the negotiations. I got approx 60k knocked off.

Mine is a ZX MT Petrol pearl white took delivery last week.
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 20:57   #2255
BHPian

Some photos from the PDI of my ZX MT white.

The process was smooth and took delivery and brought her home last week.

Looks stunning in white with those LEDs.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20220503_143152800_hdr.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20220503_143144008_hdr.jpg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img_20220503_142957984_hdr.jpg  

Dieseltuned is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 21:12   #2256
BHPian

Honda Deletes Essential Features On The City:
Quote:
The interior door handles, which used to be adorned with chrome, now are just plastic units for all variants. With this, Honda has taken interior design back by almost 10 years when door handles used to made of mere plastics without any detailing.

The biggest deletion is the full-size spare wheel. The 16-inch dual-tone alloy spare wheel has now been replaced with a regular 15-inch steel unit. For example, Maruti Suzuki SX4 came with a proper full-size alloy spare wheel back in 2007.

Finally, Honda has also removed all the trim badges on all variants of the City – V, VX, and ZX. So, no longer people can make out the variant from the outside. But, the hybrid variant will retain the e:HEV badge though.
https://www.motorbeam.com/honda-city...r-older-model/
Old 16th May 2022, 21:19   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
If you are upgrading than I suppose it should be 205/50 R16, continentals are good how much are they quoting in exchange ?
Thanks for the link. I would have messed up with 205/55.
I was quoted 11k for 5 tyres.

Quote:
Some photos from the PDI of my ZX MT white.

The process was smooth and took delivery and brought her home last week.

Looks stunning in white with those LEDs.

Congratulations, The car is indeed a stunner.
Wishing you a safe, smooth, trouble-free and adventurous journey with your car

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th May 2022 at 21:26. Reason: Back to back
Old 17th May 2022, 15:08   #2258
src
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link. I would have messed up with 205/55.
I was quoted 11k for 5 tyres.
This is ridiculous as each new OEM Bridgestone Ecopia 185/55 R16 should fetch 4-5k INR and 20k INR and above for all 5 tires.
Changed to Michelin Primacy 4ST costing 10k per tyre approx.

But the other challenge is selling these 185's are real difficult since very cars need them.
So the guy who purchased them used to rant every time I visited for some other things
src is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 18:02   #2259
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer discounts largely depend on the negotiations. I got approx 60k knocked off.

Mine is a ZX MT Petrol pearl white took delivery last week.
I'm also looking to get the same

60k discount is massive, can you please shed some light? I'm getting standard Honda offers (-Loyalty Bonuses) + 10K from the dealer
ashish_sax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 15:24   #2260
BHPian

Just read this article. 4th gen Honda city gets some new features whereas 5th gen has some deletions! No more trim badging V, VX or ZX. If true really beats me why Honda does this?
Old 18th May 2022, 19:01   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post

Just read this article. 4th gen Honda city gets some new features whereas 5th gen has some deletions! No more trim badging V, VX or ZX. If true really beats me why Honda does this?
It's indeed true, I just booked one and the dealer confirmed that it will not have trim badges and chrome door handles.

Trim badges I'm not fussed about, Will check out the door handles once it arrives with the dealer. Spare alloy tyre is also getting axed which was my biggest issue. Luckily this comes into effect with June manufacturing.
ashish_sax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 12:42   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post
It's indeed true, I just booked one and the dealer confirmed that it will not have trim badges and chrome door handles.

Trim badges I'm not fussed about, Will check out the door handles once it arrives with the dealer. Spare alloy tyre is also getting axed which was my biggest issue. Luckily this comes into effect with June manufacturing.
I am assuming you are getting a ZX, Check with multiple dealers in your area and see if they have an April or May manufactured car in stock. I was just lucky as this news of removing a full size alloy spare came in just when we took delivery of our ZX.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 20:28   #2263
BHPian

I did PDI of ZX CVT today. The car is May manufactured.

1. Trim badge is gone.

2. Spare wheel is still alloy.

3. Chrome door handles.

4. Taking insurance from outside (dep-cap, engine & tyre cover included)

5. I Couldn't find 205/50/r16 tyres at multiple shops as it seems to be a non-standard size, So I will upgrade to 205/55/r16.

6 Honda charges Rs.4800 for RSA whereas it is only about Rs 600 if I take it with the insurance. Both will be outsourced. I am a bit confused about this.

7. Front Parking Sensors currently not available due to chip shortage.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th May 2022 at 22:54. Reason: Back to back posts
attinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 14:47   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
I did PDI of ZX CVT today. The car is May manufactured.

1. Trim badge is gone.

2. Spare wheel is still alloy.

3. Chrome door handles.

4. Taking insurance from outside (dep-cap, engine & tyre cover included)

5. I Couldn't find 205/50/r16 tyres at multiple shops as it seems to be a non-standard size, So I will upgrade to 205/55/r16.

6 Honda charges Rs.4800 for RSA whereas it is only about Rs 600 if I take it with the insurance. Both will be outsourced. I am a bit confused about this.

7. Front Parking Sensors currently not available due to chip shortage.
Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you many happy miles.

Is the spare full size alloy or a space saver ?

Regards
Dieseltuned.
Old 20th May 2022, 15:46   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you many happy miles.

Is the spare full size alloy or a space saver ?

Regards
Dieseltuned.

Thank you.

Spare wheel is full size alloy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks