Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 00:08   #2281
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

I plan to add DDPAI mola N3, but I am not sure what fuse to connect to hardwire it.
I want to enable the cam on ACC mode.
Anyone here added dashcam and got it hard wired. If so can you share the fuse numbers used in the fusebox?.
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:52   #2282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
I've just booked a May manufactured ZX CVT and it has:
- full-size alloy wheels
- chrome handles (both inside and outside).

The only change that I noticed is the removal of the trim badge.
I checked with my SA again yesterday about these changes and he confirmed the new vehicles will not have a full-sized spare alloy wheel and neither the chrome handles inside.
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:43   #2283

Hello All, I have recently purchased a Gen 5 ZX CVT model. I am facing intermittent issues where the reverse camera does not work and its just a blank black screen. The issue is random in nature and automatically gets fixed as well as reoccurs.
While I will get it inspected during the first service, Wanted to know if anyone has faced this problem ?
Old 2nd June 2022, 16:36   #2284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post
Sorry, forgot to mention it's Petrol Manual
I don’t think there’s an option to do so in manual. I’ve tried too.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:07   #2285
BHPian

Quick update on the Autofurnish premium floor mats:
- Quality is top notch (better than Cozoo mats that we use in our Swift)
- Fitting is near perfect for CVT.

P.S: I got it on a sale for Rs. 5,200/- and I think it was a steal deal!
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-96002ed9903c486b85e88ce7d8fe9f56.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-90ec9c71c0c14d0face50b4bc4edeeb5.jpeg  

Old 3rd June 2022, 17:53   #2286
BHPian

The ride is bouncy above 80-90 KMPH. Is there a simple solution to make it a bit better?

Has anyone tried suspension buffers or played with tyre pressures?
attinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 09:02   #2287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
The ride is bouncy above 80-90 KMPH. Is there a simple solution to make it a bit better?

Check tyre pressure, if you are using the OE tyre, reduce pressure to 32psi all around, makes a lot of difference.
kanna.sridharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 22:31   #2288
BHPian

Hi Folks - I'm facing a strange issue with my 5th Gen Honda City Petrol (ZX, MT) - In 2nd and 3rd gear, throttle response is weird - the engine RPMs climb abnormally under hard acceleration - sometimes stagnating around 3k RPM, and then climbing very fast to 5k RPM. This has a bad effect on driving experience. Sometimes under hard acceleration, the RPM drops (while the car is in same gear). Been observing this since couple of months, and the vehicle has been through it's 20k service two weeks ago.

Any advise would be helpful. I can try and put up a video as well.
LordSharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:40   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post

Had the same problem when driving it post delivery, Checked the pressure at home and found that rear had 40psi

I went by the manual / door sticker which recommended 32 on front and 30 on rear for upto 160kmph. So for the ride is now better, the soft suspension do make it a bit bouncy but a good improvement compared to before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
Hi Folks - I'm facing a strange issue with my 5th Gen Honda City Petrol (ZX, MT) - In 2nd and 3rd gear, throttle response is weird - the engine RPMs climb abnormally under hard acceleration - sometimes stagnating around 3k RPM, and then climbing very fast to 5k RPM. This has a bad effect on driving experience. Sometimes under hard acceleration, the RPM drops (while the car is in same gear). Been observing this since couple of months, and the vehicle has been through it's 20k service two weeks ago.

Any advise would be helpful. I can try and put up a video as well.
Any chance you have one of those cheap OBDs lying around ?, I would suggest hooking it up and taking a look at some of the standard variables to get a deeper insight as to what might be wrong. Air ratio, fuel pressure would be my usual suspects, also did they recently changed or cleaned the fuel filter ?
ashish_sax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 13:57   #2290
BHPian

What damage may I cause to the CVT transmission if I press the Shift release button always while shifting between drive modes?

Honda manual mentions few scenarios where NOT to press the Shift release button. But this pattern is not intuitive for me and I can't recall it while driving.

So I always press the Shift release button regardless to which mode I am shifting. For ex. even while shifting to D from S I press the Shift release button. But manual says, do so without pressing Shift release button.

Name:  CVT Shift.png
Views: 1001
Size:  67.2 KB
Old 7th June 2022, 10:51   #2291

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanna.sridharan View Post
Check tyre pressure, if you are using the OE tyre, reduce pressure to 32psi all around, makes a lot of difference.
I keep front tyres at 32 and rear at 30 when I drive alone. This has worked well for me.
Old 7th June 2022, 13:22   #2292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
I keep front tyres at 32 and rear at 30 when I drive alone. This has worked well for me.
32psi all around has worked for me on my VMT typically with 1 or 2 persons on highway drives and 3 or 4 on city drives. I switched from Goodyear OE to Continental CC6 though, immediately after purchase and have since done about 3500kms highway and 400kms city.
Old 7th June 2022, 19:57   #2293
BHPian

Hi folks,

A quick update and review from my side. We brought home our new princess Cindrella (as my daughter calls her) a White Honda City ZX MT early May 2022 and in less than a month now she has covered over 2500 kms with a round trip of Mumbai - Karwar - Bangalore - Mumbai thrown in between.

I would like to list down some of my observations with a hope that it may help somebody in their buying decisions.

This purchase was very special for us as she comes in after a decade of our last car purchase and joins our garage to give company to her Japanese counterpart, our 10 year old WagonR VXI. (we have retained her and is doing excellent service with 67k on the odo).

Observations ::

1. Cabin :: Supremely comfortable and the seats are a charm. Both front seats and the back bench coupled with ample of leg room gives no pain in long drives. As a single driver I did not feel any tiredness even after cover 600+ Kms in a day.

2. Engine :: The IVTEC is brilliant, pulls so cleanly and can breeze smoothly at around 2000 rpm full day and 90 kmph. With my style of sedate driving and on a new car in run in period I achieved a mileage of 18 kmpl.

3. GC :: The elephant in the room :: Never scratched her belly in these 2000 + kms journey. We had a minor minor touch on the bad patch of road between Belgaum and Karwar but nothing that she cant handle. Gave me good confidence.

4. LED headlamps :: Oh! I so love them, They provide very good illumination during darkness and gave confidence to do a continuous run on the NH 48 at around 90 kmph. We had some rain showers while entering Bangalore and the headlamps faired well during rains as well.

5. Lane watch camera :: Its a boon in daylight and super crappy at night, similar for reversing camera as well.

6. Music system :: The system though looks dated is a bliss to hear, if connected through a good input source. Plays wonderfully via Prime music but the quality is okayish when on radio.

7. Tyres :: Against popular opinion on the forum i did not upgrade the tyres as the dealer here was not giving a good deal and very honestly in my 2000 + kms drive including the bad patches of Belgaum - Karwar section I did not feel the car loose its step even once. I am going to continue with the current tyres till they last.

Finally a snap of Cindrella fast asleep after providing its occupants a safe and comfortable journey to Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20220602wa0025.jpg  

Dieseltuned is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 13:35   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hi folks,

A quick update and review from my side. We brought home our new princess Cindrella (as my daughter calls her) a White Honda City ZX MT early May 2022 and in less than a month now she has covered over 2500 kms with a round trip of Mumbai - Karwar - Bangalore - Mumbai thrown in between.
Congrats on buying an excellent all-rounder of a product! Agree with all your observations. I also did not go for a tyre upgrade, planning to wear these out and then go for the wider ones.

Any comments on the cabin insulation? It could have been better, especially on the rear wheel arches in my opinion.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 13:47   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Congrats on buying an excellent all-rounder of a product! Agree with all your observations. I also did not go for a tyre upgrade, planning to wear these out and then go for the wider ones.

Any comments on the cabin insulation? It could have been better, especially on the rear wheel arches in my opinion.
Everything with city is perfect and the tyres are good enough for city use and occasional highway trips as well but the only problem what I personally feel is that with those stock tyres car doesn't look appealing to me and i find a car with 195 section tyres or 205 section tyres looks better and more appealing to my eyes at least. Leaving the stability and other mechanical factors regarding tyres I would like to upgrade the tyres only for the visual appeal. What are your thoughts?

Most Viewed