Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 12:52   #2311
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
2. Has anyone experienced wind-whistling/slight drag on highways at 80 km/h+ speeds? If yes, how did you resolve it?
I have not experienced any drag but wind-whistling that was due to sunroof not properly closed.

I am considering underbody treatment from the dealer at the next ( first ) service. I hope that will reduce the noise.
attinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 13:23   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Hi Folks- Had 3 queries on which I could use your POV/recommendation.

1. Have clocked ~900 kms on my 28 days old ZX CVT. Do you have any POV on when I can start driving it normally (occasional 3000+ RPM)/engage sports mode and use cruise-control ? (Asking because the manual doesn't mention anything explicitly on engine break-in period)

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers
Hello sir,

I just did a 2500 km journey in a less than 15 days old City ZX MT Petrol. She not only worked flawlessly but also returned 18 kmpl efficiency. I am a sedate driver and always kept her around 1800-2000 RPM between 80-90 kmph.

I dont think we need to worry so much about run in periods with the modern engines, just not revv them much and be gentle with them

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 14:53   #2313
BHPian

Thanks to all the bhp'ians who vouched for Honda City.. My vehicle search of more than a year finally ended with 5th Gen Honda City last week.
Started off with Creta, Carens,Slavia,Virtus, Astor, Kushaq, Taigun (Paid booking adv for all and cancelled them all) and nothing came close to the heart other than CITY...
Buying process was smooth. Infact on the day of delivery 6/6/22, the dealership noted a dent in the boot door (their mistake) and rectified it next day (repainted it after fixing the dent) and delivered again.
My RED rasberry (as we call her) got the following upgrades done immediately:
1. She received new Conti UC6 shoes
2. Autofurnish 7D floor and boot mats
3. Ottocast wireless android auto adapter
4. TPMS from Treel
5. Jumpstart cable, cleaning brush, screen guard, cover, chrome door garnish from carfurnish
6. Center arm rest from Autofurnish
7. Horns upgraded to Bosch Symphony
8. Vibromax door damping (2.0 mm - all doors)
9. Metal decals (RS Logo, Petrol) from amazon,flipkart
10. Blacked out roof top
The difference to cabin sound after damping is day and night..
Thanks to everyone in this thread who offered their suggestions and spoke about their mods...
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-pxl_20220612_062642151.night.jpg  

Venkatr is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 17:25   #2314
BHPian

Folks, planning on finally picking up the Honda City. Was awaiting the Virtus but somehow not convinced with the car. Not convinced with Slavia either. Seems like City is much better car and the heart still says City. Wanted to quickly check if I go ahead and book one now, will I get the version with the regular spare tyre etc?
karanskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 17:33   #2315
BHPian

Just to add:
1. My car was one of the last batches with full size spare wheel.
2. After upgrading to COnti UC6, ground clearance now is better than before (or I feel the same)

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th June 2022 at 23:00. Reason: Removing unsubstantiated GC values.
Venkatr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 20:45   #2316
BHPian

My first free service is coming up.

1. Is it advisable to get the oil changed at first service ( 1000km ) ?

1b. What engine oil comes with the new car ? Synthetic, Mineral and Synthetic 2 is mentioned in Honda app.

2. I want to get the underbody treatment. Should I get it done at the dealer or outside ?
Old 12th June 2022, 22:10   #2317
BHPian

After test-driving so many cars, finally zeroed in on Honda City 5th gen model and got it within a month

Due to my physical constraints and needs, my first priority in buying a car was good seating comfort and enough space to rest my legs. I test drove Slavia, sat down on Virtus (it was not launched at that time) and never had City in my mind at that time. Somehow, the rear seat comfort was not the way I was looking for in both Slavia and Virtus. The backrest of the back seat was very upright, no thigh support and may be, a reasonable amount of legroom.

While driving through from Skoda showroom, the Honda showroom caught my eye and I just went to have a casual look of the City. And the inside comfort of the car really wow-ed me. Front seats were wide enough, backrest of the back seat was at a comfortable angle, good thigh support and great legroom. A nice feature was that the sloping foot rest for the back seat passengers. Even though the headrest if fixed, for me it was at my comfortable height. It had all the safety features and during the test drive, this CVT seemed better than the previous generation one. I decided to get the ZX variant.

All these happened during second week of May and at that time, I was told that I could be allotted a car that is supposed to come in first week of June. But after booking I was told that there is a car that is readily available. Went to the yard to check the car in person, confirmed that it is indeed May 2022 manufactured one. And took the delivery of the car on 4th June.

I also liked the fact that the dealer creates a WhatsApp group which has the SA, SM, SQM, etc. All discussions happen over that. I never witnessed this with other car dealers and felt that it was a nice touch on the dealer part.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img20220604wa0012.jpg

I wanted to upgrade the tires to 205, didn't like the fact the car was coming with 185. I spoke with Lal Enterprises (my go-to person for any wheel/tyre related changes). He told me that with the stock alloy wheels, I can only upgrade to 195 as the wheel is 6J. If I had to go for 205, I need to change the alloy to 7J. I also wanted to change the Bridgestone tires to Michelin Primary 4. I chose the Lenso brand for the wheels. After exchanging 4 wheels and tires, I paid about 70k, including charges for alignment and balancing. He also told me that the sleeves will be available 2 days later, so I went back to them 2 days later to fix the sleeves for the alloys.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1654755788314.jpg

I chose Michelin Primary 4, 205/50

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1654755788345.jpg

Because the stock infotainment doesn't come with wireless android auto, I bought the wireless dongle from Carsifi. My xiaomi 11T pro 5g kept crashing while connecting to it, but 2 of my samsung phones didn't have any problem.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1654755787932.jpg

My grouse is on the rear and lane watch camera - so poor but I am not sure it is the camera that is poor or it is the display that needs to be changed.

Other accessories:

1. Full floor mat
2. 3M sun-film on the front, rear, windows and sunroof

Drive:

Not sure whether it is the upsizing of tires or the nature of the car itself, the movement of the car is "butter-smooth". It just glides on the roads, so comfortable. I took it for a 1000 kilometers drive down south of Tamilnadu and the drive was so enjoyable. I never felt any bounciness sitting at the rear. I also have Innova Crysta so may be, having used that and coming to City, the steering felt light, the initial pickup was immediate and not even 50% of the engine noise that I get from Crysta's diesel.

I used cruise control on the highways and the way the CC buttons are placed on the steering, it was so intuitive to use. In Innova Crysta, the buttons are behind the steering wheel, which I felt not easy to use.

Being in the run-in period, never crossed beyond 100 and even in CC, used it to set speeds between 80 and 95. I am not an aggressive driver and I prefer cruising than rushing. But at the same time, even on two-lane roads, I never felt lack of power when pushing the accelerator. I disable ECON switch and many a times I felt that this change itself made the car respond better and not having to use Sport mode.

To me, I never felt any nervousness from the car on the curves even at around 100 kmph and the response was seamless. May be, the change of tires could have helped here, but it is for this precise reason, I upgraded to 205. To me, the change has solved the purpose and I am happy about it.

Even though the tyre profile has changed from 55 to 50, the height of the tyres looked the same. This meant that the overall height of the original wheel (185/55) and the new one (205/50) were same, so there was no impact to the GC. I once had to climb an undulated slope, but the car never scrapped the underbelly.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-1654755788874.jpg

Comfort:

Few things I liked where:

1. Back seat recline is at comfortable angle, seats are well bolstered with good thigh support
2. There is a slope below the front seats, which allowed me to rest my legs better sitting behind
3. The front seats fully recline, reaching the 2nd row seats, you can stretch your legs sitting at the back
4. Even if you are sitting at the front passenger seat, the space below the dashboard is also having a slope, which means that you can fully recline the backrest and you don't have to bend your legs, rather stretch it and rest it on the slope. Very nice touch, I thought.

AC:

These are hotter days but City's AC performed well. With the ECON mode set to ON, the AC took quite a while to chill, especially for back seat passengers. But with ECON set of OFF (which I think is equivalent to "Normal" mode as in some other cars), the AC was quick enough to chill the whole car.

So what I generally do now is that when I start the car, I make sure the ECON is in OFF mode, turn on the AC and after few mins, set the ECON to ON. The Remote AC option given on the car key is working great.

Mileage:

When I started the long drive, I filled the petrol in a Shell bunk. During the drive, the real-time mileage showed 16 kmpl. But during the course of the travel, I had to put in normal fuel stations. Not sure if it is because of that or may be the change in tyre size or any other reasons, the mileage kept coming down and settled at 15.3 kmpl when I reached back home. I am absolutely at peace with that.

Overall Impressions:

I am very happy with my purchase, loving to both drive and sit at the rear when my wife drives the car.
gopalnt is online now   (49) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 22:24   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post

I wanted to upgrade the tires to 205, didn't like the fact the car was coming with 185. I spoke with Lal Enterprises (my go-to person for any wheel/tyre related changes). He told me that with the stock alloy wheels, I can only upgrade to 195 as the wheel is 6J. If I had to go for 205, I need to change the alloy to 7J. I also wanted to change the Bridgestone tires to Michelin Primary
Congrats on the car . However your tyre dealer was wrong in advising you that 205 profile michelins need aftermarket 7j alloys. I have the same michelin primacy 205 tyres on stock alloys performing brilliantly on my zx cvt and have covered 45k kms
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 11:00   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
Folks, planning on finally picking up the Honda City. Was awaiting the Virtus but somehow not convinced with the car. Not convinced with Slavia either. Seems like City is much better car and the heart still says City. Wanted to quickly check if I go ahead and book one now, will I get the version with the regular spare tyre etc?
Hello sir,

It would be worth checking if any dealer in your area has an April manufactured vehicle in stock, as i think the space saver and steel wheel came only from the May mufactured models.

Quote:
After test-driving so many cars, finally zeroed in on Honda City 5th gen model and got it within a month

I am very happy with my purchase, loving to both drive and sit at the rear when my wife drives the car.
Hello sir,

Congratulations on the new car. Wishing you many happy and safe miles. I do agree with your observations on comfort and mileage. Since mine is a MT I do not have the ECON button so cant comment on it. However the AC works ample in all scenarios and with full time AC I got a mileage of 18 kmpl on my recent trip.

This thread has now become the unofficial review and ownership thread on the forum for the 5th gen city as we do not have any dedicated ownership thread for it. @Mods will it be worth to move this thread to the "Official Car reviews" module ?

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 11:04   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatr View Post
Thanks to all the bhp'ians who vouched for Honda City.. My vehicle search of more than a year finally ended with 5th Gen Honda City last week.
Started off with Creta, Carens,Slavia,Virtus, Astor, Kushaq, Taigun (Paid booking adv for all and cancelled them all) and nothing came close to the heart other than CITY...
Hello sir,

Congratulations on your new car,

I was exactly in the same dilema before I zeroed in on the City. I also TDed Kushaq,Taigun,Slavia,Virtus and had a deko at the Creta,Carens,Astor kids. Additionally i also TDed the Nexon, Ertiga, Harrier and Alcazar. Talk of cross shopping eh !

However the comfort for family at the back seat and ease of driving the City tilted the scales in its favour.
Dieseltuned is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 12:13   #2321
BHPian

Regarding the rear camera poor display - which is the culprit here? Poor Camera or Poor Display? Which one should I change?
Old 13th June 2022, 13:29   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the rear camera poor display - which is the culprit here? Poor Camera or Poor Display? Which one should I change?
Most likely the camera and its associated processing units. If you happen to find a plug and play upgrade for it, please let us know in this forum. It is the first upgrade anyone with a City has to do.
Old 13th June 2022, 19:14   #2323
BHPian

I just had a chat with Sundaram Honda showroom in hyd. He said old version of the cars aren't available anymore. And below are the changes on new version -

These are the elimination parts.
1. Emblems (ZX, VX, V )
2. Front and Rear Mud guards
3. Interior door handle chrome to black painted
4. Spare wheel... 16" to 15" - Normal wheel

I don't care much about the first three points. As for four, how much would a regular alloy spare wheel cost? Could I take it from the showroom itself?
Old 13th June 2022, 19:28   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatr View Post
8. Vibromax door damping (2.0 mm - all doors)
Can you please provide some details?

- Where in Bangalore did you get it done?
- How much did it cost?
Old 13th June 2022, 19:33   #2325
BHPian

I started using Apple's CarPlay and I noticed it transforms the Honda City's sluggish ICE interface into a super responsive, Sleek ICE unit. Whereas Android Auto is sluggish and tedious to use.

I was wondering what could be reason for such differences between both systems?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks