Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2022, 18:32   #2416
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

My car is suffering from infamous Honda City bottoming on full load of passengers and luggage.
Twice I have scrapped the speed breaker and I am worried. Any solutions?
Old 11th July 2022, 00:27   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
My car is suffering from infamous Honda City bottoming on full load of passengers and luggage.
I was meaning to post about this.
I got my car earlier this month and drove from Nagpur to Pune (750 kms) with 3 Passengers and 100-150 Kgs in the trunk. There was a deceptive pothole, not visible due to water-logging which scrapped the vehicle underbody not sure where it touched but it was definitely behind me (driver's seat). My speed was around 8-12 Km/Hr and it was a distinct thud. I am worried about the damage since my car was just 9 days old, you can imagine the gut wrenching emotions I would have gone through when this happened.
I am due for my first service and plan to get it checked, any ideas on what I should check?
Old 11th July 2022, 12:53   #2418
BHPian

A quick update from my side. I did 2 back to back trips from Mumbai to Gujarat over the last 10 days. Each round trip was approximately 550 to 650 kms. My odo currently stands in 3900 kms in less than 2 months of ownership.

Here are my observations :

1. The drive is very smooth and comfortable.
2. The stock 185 section tyres are doing well.
3. The highway to Gujarat (NH 48) is riddled with potholes and have to be extremly careful to not bottom her out. (Have not done that yet, fingers crossed).
4. Both my trips were during extremely heavy rains, when I say extremely heavy I mean RED alert issued by government kind of heavy, the headlights in such extreme situations seemed a little wanting. I could be happy with a tad more illumination on the road during such conditions. But, then such extreme conditions are rare.
5. The NH 48 does not have a proper median for most of the stretch (proper divider with plantation). This results in blinding lights from the vehicles on the opposite side. The ZX headlights also seemed a bit wanting in such a situation, with very poor illumination on my side of the road if faced with such blinding lights from the opposite vehicles. Is this a case only with the city or do all the cars have the same problem ?

A shot with my beloved city at my native village.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-city-zx-mt.jpg  

Dieseltuned is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 21:15   #2419

Quote:
I too had faced this issue and after thorough research went ahead and installed Rogerab suspension spacers.The ride has become little stiff however no underbelly scraping since then.
Roadistan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 10:44   #2420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Upsizing the tires to 195/55 R16 give you an extra 5mm ground clearance. You can check this option during the next change.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 10:47   #2421
BHPian

Upgraded my front grill to black. (Carried this all the way from Thailand )

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-c71b10df4ff340ea84e0a4e15ccdf9b4_1_105_c.jpeg

Only the RS badge awaits
namanchaudhary is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 13:16   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Upgraded my front grill to black. (Carried this all the way from Thailand )

Only the RS badge awaits
Wow these look nice ! did you get them shipped any trouble with customs ?
Old 12th July 2022, 14:31   #2423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Wow these look nice ! did you get them shipped any trouble with customs ?
Hey! I carried them with my checked in luggage only. No issues with customs whatsoever (You're allowed to carry I think upto 35k INR worth stuff with you while returning from foreign country)
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 16:57   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atharvanaikk View Post
1) Satin black wrap on the front chrome bar and honda logo
4) Satin black wrap on the side mirrors
Can you please suggest from where did you get the Satin black wrap in Mumbai ? Also, how is this holding up till date ?

Regards
Diesel
Old 12th July 2022, 17:02   #2425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Can you please suggest from where did you get the Satin black wrap in Mumbai ? Also, how is this holding up till date ?

Regards
Diesel
Hi!
There's place in Navi Mumbai called Xtreme Car detailing studio. I think they have a shop in chembur as well as Kharghar. I got it done from the Kharghar one. They do a really good job. It's been holding up really well till date! So far no issues with it. They've done a massive job.
atharvanaikk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 19:25   #2426
BHPian

Folks, I've booked a Honda City ZX CVT in HYD at Sundaram Honda. I've asked them to remove the basic accessory kit since I feel its not worth the money. I have also checked with them on insurance pricing, they said I could get another insurance from Acko etc but would heavily recommend using honda assure since it's a great value add apparently. Any thoughts on this? Do I go with something like Acko or stick to their insurance?

Also - from a car loan pov, do we know which banks apart from SBI would be best bet? Ruling out SBI since the car is going to be owned by dad who is 60+ and they said SBI wouldn't mostly agree for the loan since he's over 60.

Also - the car is primarily be going to used by my father, within the city, barely 10k/day. Do I really need to change the tyres right away considering the ground clearance?

What would the must have accessories/upgrades?
karanskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 20:04   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
Folks, I've booked a Honda City ZX CVT in HYD at Sundaram Honda. I've asked them to remove the basic accessory kit since I feel its not worth the money. I have also checked with them on insurance pricing, they said I could get another insurance from Acko etc but would heavily recommend using honda assure since it's a great value add apparently. Any thoughts on this? Do I go with something like Acko or stick to their insurance?
Congratulations on booking a new car! I removed the basic accessories kit too and the dealer was fine with it. For insurance, I got a quote from outside with all the features from Honda Assure and negotiated with dealer to match the external quotation. The dealer agreed for this too. I too preferred the Honda Assure but the icing on cake was dealer agreeing to match the external quotation.

Quote:
Also - from a car loan pov, do we know which banks apart from SBI would be best bet?
IndusInd Bank provided everything I asked for. Went ahead with them.

Quote:
Also - the car is primarily be going to used by my father, within the city, barely 10k/day. Do I really need to change the tyres right away considering the ground clearance?
Don't think you need to change the tires for this kind of usage. I am on stock tires (7000kms now) and have done multiple highway trips + everyday city usage. No issues with ground clearance with 4 adults & a full boot. You can think of upgrading to 195/55 R16 when you decide to change the tires.

Quote:
Don't think anything is must have but if you want, you can upgrade the speakers and dampen the doors. I haven't done this either but planning to do it sometime in future.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 12th July 2022 at 20:05. Reason: Added additional comments
Old 13th July 2022, 09:29   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
. For insurance, I got a quote from outside with all the features from Honda Assure and negotiated with dealer to match the external quotation. The dealer agreed for this too. I too preferred the Honda Assure but the icing on cake was dealer agreeing to match the external quotation.
Thanks. Could you let me know which external insurance did you go for?
Old 13th July 2022, 09:38   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Underbody coating to cover that ugly wheel well
- 3D mat floor mat
- 3D boot mat

I don't think anything else is required
Latheesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 10:59   #2430
BHPian

@Latheesh If you plan to put doors guards. Get the oem guards from dealer. After market ones aren't very good.

I also wanted front Parking Sensors installed but those were not available at the time. Will get them later.

Do consider tyre upgrade and also get a dashcam.

# Order a screen guard online as the HU screen is a finger magnet.

# Braided cable for phone and a microfiber cloth.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks