Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2022, 18:11   #2461
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
Any recommendations for the CVTs key fob cover ?
I bought one from amazon (Keycare silicone key cover Compatible for City) and it is good. Same should match CVT key as well (please check).

Here is a video of the same cover

Last edited by Latheesh : 24th July 2022 at 18:31.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 18:13   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Hello,

I have shortlisted three cars/pseudo suv- City ZX CVT, Hyundai Creta SX(o) IVT & Maruti Grand Vitara(strong hybrid).
I think all 3 cars are equally good.

If you are already smitten by the "SUV" craze, Creta IVT makes most sense. Grand Vitara is low on power and Creta cabin feels more premium than the Grand Vitara.

The only sore point of City is the HU. There's no 2 ways about it. The resolution, display quality all scream mediocre. Connecting to Apple Carplay makes it pretty smooth though.

Finally it might come down to how long are you willing to wait. City will be delivered in 4 weeks max, but Creta IVT has a long waiting period and Grand Vitara's waiting periods have already started.
TheWall is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 18:52   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
The only sore point of City is the HU. There's no 2 ways about it. The resolution, display quality all scream mediocre. Connecting to Apple Carplay makes it pretty smooth though.
I agree, instead of Accessories that no one wants, Honda should offer an optional better HU. I'd happily pay 20-25k for that.
attinder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 10:49   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
I think all 3 cars are equally good.

If you are already smitten by the "SUV" craze, Creta IVT makes most sense. Grand Vitara is low on power and Creta cabin feels more premium than the Grand Vitara.

Finally it might come down to how long are you willing to wait. City will be delivered in 4 weeks max, but Creta IVT has a long waiting period and Grand Vitara's waiting periods have already started.
I agree City has the least waiting time , I had my whole process of booking till delivery complete within a 15-16 days and the dealer also agreed to a PDI at their stock yard before registration without any issue.
Old 28th July 2022, 10:47   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for the CVTs key fob cover ?

And where do you keep the key while driving?
This is how my keys look. The black one's key cover I bought from Amazon and the chain is a gift I got. And for the brown, I bought the key cover and key chain separately and made that combo. I carry the fob in my pocket, so a small form size was important to me; especially that the key chain folds without scratching the key loop. Below are the Amazon links. Note that the Brown one doesn't have the markings for remote engine start and trunk separately.

Brown key chain

Brown key cover

Black key cover

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220728_102719.jpg The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220728_102731.jpg
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220728_102804.jpgThe 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20220728_102820.jpg
sreerknair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 16:33   #2466
BHPian

I am planning to book City V CVT, when checked with the dealer he says, they don't offer Dashcam installation as it is not Honda Standard.

Is it true, that it can't be done by dealer, we have to outside?

Also Can you please suggest a proper tyre upgrade for 185/60? or it is not worth to upgrade.
Old 28th July 2022, 18:37   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
@Latheesh If you plan to put doors guards. Get the oem guards from dealer. After market ones aren't very good.

I also wanted front Parking Sensors installed but those were not available at the time. Will get them later.

Do consider tyre upgrade and also get a dashcam.

# Order a screen guard online as the HU screen is a finger magnet.

# Braided cable for phone and a microfiber cloth.
The dealer says Honda has stopped the parking sensors, it is almost 2-3 months since they have got it.
Arun_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 19:32   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
The dealer says Honda has stopped the parking sensors, it is almost 2-3 months since they have got it.
Same from my dealer. Something to do with chip shortage.
Old 29th July 2022, 12:51   #2469
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to book City V CVT, when checked with the dealer he says, they don't offer Dashcam installation as it is not Honda Standard.

Also Can you please suggest a proper tyre upgrade for 185/60? or it is not worth to upgrade.
I've booked a V CVT. I was told by the executive and the floor manager - "We won't install the dashcam and if you get the dashcam installed any which way, it'll void the electric warranty."

And regarding the tyre upgrade, I follow this (Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread) thread.
Old 29th July 2022, 12:59   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I've booked a V CVT. I was told by the executive and the floor manager - "We won't install the dashcam and if you get the dashcam installed any which way, it'll void the electric warranty."
Dealer won't install Dashcam or any after market accessories.
Plugging the cam in auxiliary port will not void warranty.
Old 30th July 2022, 14:36   #2471
BHPian

Quote:

I got a DDPAI installed at the dealership on the delivery day. It is a plug and play model but since I wanted the wire from the cam to aux port to be done neatly, I requested the showroom guys and they were happy to help.

However, I doubt they would have agreed if it had to be hardwired. I too felt it was better not to experiment just in case any unforeseen warranty requirement came up and they cite the hardwiring as an excuse/reason to deny it.

An upgrade is strongly recommended for the tires as the NVH level is very bad for a car in this segment. I did not, but will do it as soon as possible after running on the stock ones for some more time. I did a 3M underbody coating from a FNG which made some minor impact on the noise levels but I am sure it won't match the difference caused by the tyre upgrade.
If you scroll through this thread, you will find the major consensus is for the 195/55 size and Michelin suggested by most.
Old 30th July 2022, 14:54   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
I got a DDPAI installed at the dealership on the delivery day. It is a plug and play model but since I wanted the wire from the cam to aux port to be done neatly, I requested the showroom guys and they were happy to help.
Thanks for your Response.

Can you please let me know the model you have purchased and from were?
Old 30th July 2022, 15:45   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please let me know the model you have purchased and from were?
ZX CVT , Kochi

My purchase post.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-62-a-131.html (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62)
AnnaRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 18:42   #2474
BHPian

Sorry for not being clear, i was asking for the dashcam model and the place it was bought
Old 31st July 2022, 11:53   #2475
BHPian

A quick update, I just came back from an official trip to Pune, 350 kms to and fro. The City is performing flawlessly and currently stands at 4300 Kms in less than 3 months,

The Pune expressway has a charm of its own and the City does full justice to the road. I cruised between 75-85 kmph and got a very decent 18.3 kmpl mileage.
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks