Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 09:55   #2506
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Hi All,

My car just returned from 10K Service. SA told me 2Yrs/20K Kms is the next service & the same is printed in the Owners manual, while the Honda connect app says 2yrs/15480. Am confused now.

Thanks,
Was the mileage 5480kms at the 1yr/10k service? If that is the case then 2yr/15480kms is correct.
Old 19th August 2022, 18:03   #2507
BHPian

What are the discounts on ZX CVT these days?
One dealership said 10 k other says 60k.
Anyone else who got a better deal?
Old 20th August 2022, 20:21   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
What are the discounts on ZX CVT these days?
One dealership said 10 k other says 60k.
Anyone else who got a better deal?
I have been making enquiries in Mumbai for V CVT and got offers for 40k to 50k off.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 22:18   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
I have been making enquiries in Mumbai for V CVT and got offers for 40k to 50k off.
Which Mumbai dealer have you reached out to?
Old 21st August 2022, 09:18   #2510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadkhan View Post
Which Mumbai dealer have you reached out to?
I have contacted all of them, Regent (Thane), Vivo, Arya, Solitaire. This was about a month back.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 10:44   #2511
BHPian

Anyone who got delivery of their car lately? Are they packing a space saver wheel these days or a full sized alloy?
Old 22nd August 2022, 12:50   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
I have contacted all of them, Regent (Thane), Vivo, Arya, Solitaire. This was about a month back.
If they have the variant you need in stock than probably higher the chances of getting a discount. I got my ZX MT from Solitaire Borivali , had a very good experience dealing with them.
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 13:06   #2513
BHPian

Guys, I need an information on insurance premium for the 2nd year. I have to renew the insurance for my ZXi CVT and I have a quote of 24k from ICICI Lombard. The 1st year's was also from them. I find this price to be quite high. Any suggestion on average insurance rates would be appreciated? Also, do I need to opt for 24*7 road-side assistance as an add-on?
praveenp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 13:31   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Guys, I need an information on insurance premium for the 2nd year. I have to renew the insurance for my ZXi CVT and I have a quote of 24k from ICICI Lombard. The 1st year's was also from them. I find this price to be quite high. Any suggestion on average insurance rates would be appreciated? Also, do I need to opt for 24*7 road-side assistance as an add-on?
Shop around online but stick to reputed insurance companies nonetheless. I was offered 22k for my Creta 1.5 S petrol variant. Luckily I was shopping around car insurance comparison websites and got a whatsapp message from a few insurance companies automatically. I ended up picking Royal Sundaram who offered me literally half of what Reliance General, i.e, my original insurance company quoted me for renewal for same coverages.

I had to make a claim recently and I knew Royal Sundaram had a tie up with my Hyundai dealers so claim was a breeze.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:06   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Tata AIG is the least expensive. You’ll get it for around 14k, for an IDV of about 11.5L.
nTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:13   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Search on policybazaar.com or coverfox.com to get comparitive quotes. Sometimes, I have found that going through these aggregators is less than what I get from the insurer's website directly. Make sure you have selected all the right options you need. Or you can then directly go the insurer's site based on comparison and make purchase.

Only downside is that for a couple of weeks, the policybazaar agents will keep calling you asking if you want to purchase insurance from their site.
sanchari is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 22:09   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Was the mileage 5480kms at the 1yr/10k service? If that is the case then 2yr/15480kms is correct.
No it was 10K exactly & Car is 6 months old.
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:23   #2518

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Been watching the thread ever since the test mules were out. We are looking to buy a new car for my partner and visited the honda showroom to try the 5th gen city and jazz (preferred automatic as she would be driving majorly). Loved both the cars, city albeit more than jazz for its amazing looks and the luxurious feel the cabin feels. We couldn't drive the jazz as cvt wasnt available. Two things which is bothering the purchase.

The dilemma is that is city a big car in comparison to manoveur in hyderabad compared to jazz. Also jazz is nearing its end, so will that be a problem later?

We have a full grown retriever and with no rear fold seats on city, its an issue. Does anybody know of good shops which can take care of the seats in hyderabad? Or is it too much of tampering on a new city rather go for a practical jazz. Its just two of us, occassional use of 4 passengers so jazz makes sense too.

Spending 13 lacs for a top end jazz vs 16 for vx cvt trim of fancier honda city? True dilemma, please help.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd August 2022 at 10:34. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Old 23rd August 2022, 13:02   #2519
BHPian

Just a quick update. I bought Royal Sundaram insurance for 21k with IDV of 11.92 Lakhs. Thanks @Nithesh_M @nTorq @sanchari for your valuable inputs.
praveenp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 10:29   #2520
BHPian

When is the second free service due for city petrol?
Is it 3 or 6 month ?

Most Viewed