Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2022, 13:36   #2581
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alto4lyf View Post
Hi, question for all Honda City V model owners, since it has 15 inch tyres, is it advisable to upgrade it to 16 inch tyres or keep the 15 inchers. I checked with Honda dealer and they are not ready to replace the tyres saying it will void the warranty. Apart from asthetic value (bigger rims looks better) is there any other usefulness of upgrading the rims and tyres to 16 incher?
I drive frequently on bad roads and 15" tires are better. No need to upgrade wheels and tires unless you are concerned about the looks. You can upgrade tires from 185 to 195 if required. I am planning to use the current stock tire (Goodyear triplemax) till next change and upgrade it to 195 section of same size (15").
Latheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 16:04   #2582
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City is the undisputed king of the C segment (Sedan). Hybrid variant is complimenting its leadership position consistently.

Name:  .JPG
Views: 1239
Size:  31.4 KB

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th September 2022 at 16:25.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 16:21   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda City is the undisputed king of the C segment (Sedan). Hybrid variant is complimenting its leadership position.

Attachment 2355969

Wow. Slavia + Virtus is also unable to beat this car.
It would be really great if Honda can provide a breakup of the Hybrid vs Non-Hybrid variant
Old 7th September 2022, 18:04   #2584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda City is the undisputed king of the C segment (Sedan). Hybrid variant is complimenting its leadership position consistently.

Attachment 2355969

any reason on why there is a fall in Virtus numbers? OR is it just less factory dispatches !
Old 8th September 2022, 17:10   #2585
BHPian

Is the front windshield quality on the 5th gen really poor or am I the only unlucky person to have it broken twice under 2 years by the smallest of road debris? :(
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 18:56   #2586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
Is the front windshield quality on the 5th gen really poor or am I the only unlucky person to have it broken twice under 2 years by the smallest of road debris? :(
Fortunately, no such issues experienced so far with over 20k KMs driven (lots of highway travel) in about 10 months.

Unfortunately, I've had a sidewall damage on stock tyres recently.
Old 9th September 2022, 15:02   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
In my case, while I was driving on a single lane village road, a cow suddenly appeared from nowhere and dashed into right ORVM. ORVM cap was broken and toppled over. After inspecting, found all the motors to move the mirror were working fine. Went to Honda service center and talked to one of the attendant there. He got a spare ORVM cap (probably from other car where ORVM was replaced for some other issue) and fixed it on my car in couple of minutes. No forms filled, no money paid, no wait time, no second visit - just a good sensible guy at the service station using his common sense and going little beyond and helping his customer.
I have turned into a big fan of the overall service experience in Honda! Experiences like these show the values within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakeDancer View Post
Congratulations on the 10k mark! Wishing you lots of happy milestones ahead!

I'm surprised that you didn't opt to change the stock tyres on the City. I have a 5th gen ZX automatic that is about to be a year old with 6.5 k kms on the odometer. The very next day of my car being delivered, I changed the stock Bridgestone Ecopia 185/55 to 195/55 from Continental. The stock tyres felt too dainty for the size of the car, and this also helped in improving the ground clearance a bit. I've driven on some bad patches (mostly on the way to South Goa) and never faced a single instance of underbody scraping. Lots of city driving, sometimes with the car fully occupied, and I've never had any trouble with the speedbumps. Maybe you can opt for a change once your stock tyres are old enough for a replacement. Cheers!
Yeah, I had in my mind to change the tires on getting the car but then I thought of experiencing the stock configuration and now I am very much certain on the 195/55 tires in the next rotation. Thanks for the insights!
arpirocks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 20:44   #2588
BHPian

I too have the same question. Can anyone please clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
What damage may I cause to the CVT transmission if I press the Shift release button always while shifting between drive modes?

Honda manual mentions few scenarios where NOT to press the Shift release button. But this pattern is not intuitive for me and I can't recall it while driving.

So I always press the Shift release button regardless to which mode I am shifting. For ex. even while shifting to D from S I press the Shift release button. But manual says, do so without pressing Shift release button.

Attachment 2317048
Old 10th September 2022, 09:06   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG86 View Post
I too have the same question. Can anyone please clarify.
Basically nothing wrong in is using shift release button every time. I too can’t remember when to use and when not too use. Its needs lot of attention to shift gears and defeats the purpose of CVT. Here is link of thread about discussion on same issue
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...its-usage.html (Honda's CVT Transmission: "Shift Release" button and its usage)

Last edited by Aditya : 11th September 2022 at 18:19. Reason: Link fixed
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 12:36   #2590

Took delivery of a Pearl White City ZX last week and thanks to this thread on helping me take the final decision. Dechromed the grill through the dealership and added the RS badge at delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-img7246.jpg  

Rajant14 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 13:06   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajant14 View Post
Took delivery of a Pearl White City ZX last week and thanks to this thread on helping me take the final decision. Dechromed the grill through the dealership and added the RS badge at delivery.
Congratulations on your new ride. Its looking fabulous. How did dealership agree to do modification, did you change the grill to RS or just wrapped it with piano black sheet.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 13:50   #2592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Its looking fabulous. How did dealership agree to do modification, did you change the grill to RS or just wrapped it with piano black sheet.
Thanks @Neurodoc. The dealership does it as a dechroming package of 4.5k (Could be cheaper if done outside) if the customer wants. Its not a wrap but they paint 3 segments (The Chrome Grill, the Side mirror Enclosure and the bottom lip of the bumper) in piano black or matt black as per our needs. Felt the finish is overall smooth when painted than a wrap and since it involved removing parts, decided to go with dealership in piano black. RS badge is just a 3M emblem i got it from Amazon for Rs 400.
RS Emblem : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09V8BYDLY
Rajant14 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 00:05   #2593
BHPian

Has anyone felt that the new 5th Gen Honda city has an inadequate Lightning system??

The light setup on my Honda City feels so poor that many friends of mine have commented to get it checked. Has anyone felt the same?
Starwar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 00:27   #2594
BHPian

I also got my Honda City de-chromed. But i just opted for the wrap as my father was strongly against doing anything after market to this beautiful and stunning looking luxury sedan. (He also loved it but from a distance, he says that when looked closer doesnt feel after-market but also doesn’t feel that The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-68abb0732df74a41a7e7cfed4a01a4be.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-7f7e63391e734d19b4063b555fa366ae.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-0ed34faa75e841b784cf53a7d895338b.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-e6738810c9cb455e98e2a4b5422e3746.jpeg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-9c6ac47872064b3fb349fbbd1e8ad70f.jpegappealing!!)

Also attaching few pics after dechroming the Front chrome. I just did the chrome and wanted to see how it looks on the City.
Im also planning to black out the front end bumper as well.
Starwar19 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 08:51   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
I also got my Honda City de-chromed....
Looking good. How much it cost, approx?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks