Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2022, 09:42   #2596
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
Looking good. How much it cost, approx?
It costed roughly around 500 Rs, but the fit and finish feels very good. You wouldn’t be able to make out that this is vinyl sheet.
Starwar19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 11:55   #2597
BHPian

Can you please share the link to the Floor Mats that you got. Looking for something similar only.
Old 12th September 2022, 13:14   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
I also got my Honda City de-chromed. .
Front now looks like the Pre facelift jazz with the piano black applique holding the Honda emblem
Old 12th September 2022, 19:06   #2599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg4wheels View Post
Can you please share the link to the Floor Mats that you got. Looking for something similar only.
Recently I changed my city’s floor mats to autofurnish 7D mats costed around 5800 Rs. Quality is good, black colour gives good contrast to beige interior. One drawback is cleaning is little difficult compared to 2D mats.
https://www.autofurnish.com/7d-luxur...020-black-blue
Neurodoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 22:33   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
Look for these, you can find them online on other websites if it is out of stock on Amazon. Also these are easily available with most local accessory shops.

These are high quality rubber mats that will last the life of car. I'm using them in my Verna and find them great alternate to Kagu 3D mats which I'm using in my other cars.

https://www.amazon.in/GFX-Floor-Honda-Onwards-Black/dp/B08P5CG5MJ
Old 12th September 2022, 23:39   #2601
BHPian

I'm not satisfied with the mats supplied by the Honda dealer. The driver foot well is not fully covered by the mat. The portion under the ABC pedals are not covered at all. Also the rear central area is not properly covered by these mats. Want to change the mats. Please do suggest some alternatives.

Regards,
lsjey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Can you post some pics. Especially the areas under ABC pedals? I heard from the Honda dealer that these mats block the pedals.

Regards,
lsjey

Last edited by Sheel : 13th September 2022 at 08:51. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 13th September 2022, 02:22   #2602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Can you post some pics. Especially the areas under ABC pedals? I heard from the Honda dealer that these mats block the pedals.

Regards,
lsjey
Yes the Mats provided by Honda are very inadequate, specially the driver and co-driver..
I have done the floor lamination and that helps to keep all the dust away. But after the lamination also i feel that the OEM provided mats come in the way of pedal. So i have made a provision to keep the mats attached to the close end of the driver seat and I let the lamination do the work of covering and keeping the interiors of the car clean.
Starwar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 08:49   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not satisfied with the mats supplied by the Honda dealer. The driver foot well is not fully covered by the mat. The portion under the ABC pedals are not covered at all. Also the rear central area is not properly covered by these mats. Want to change the mats. Please do suggest some alternatives.

Regards,
lsjey
https://carhatke.com/gfx-custom-fit-...-new-city-2020
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 09:24   #2604

Hello,
I have a 5th Gen City VMT which I purchased last month. It has done ~450 kms and got its first service done just a few days back. I'm hearing a slight rattle from the steering area. Not sure what it is but I hear it sometimes while going over rough patches at low speeds. I had gotten it checked during the first service and the SA informed that they've refitted the right side AC vents again after my complaint. However, the issue still persists.

I want to know if any fellow BHPians too have faced this and if yes, how did you get it rectified. Please let me know, will be really helpful.
Old 13th September 2022, 09:28   #2605
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
lsjey

Regards,
lsjey
Hi, i had 3D mats from some brand and they used to block brake pad. These mats doesn’t block accelerator or brake pads, they fit well
Here are some images. Sorry for dirt, it’s raining here daily.
Attached Thumbnails
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-6d10f27b7cbe46ed821238d5f1cf3503.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-e24d265c855543d0bdb475d30306413c.jpeg  

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-378eec4d9ce34df3b2488b9bf77c74a4.jpeg  

Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 10:24   #2606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird71 View Post
I want to know if any fellow BHPians too have faced this and if yes, how did you get it rectified. Please let me know, will be really helpful.
No issues in my car (V MT, July 2021, ~ 6000 KM) so far. Please check if it is coming from the storage compartment right next to the steering (from hinge or any loose items). Play around with steering rake adjustment and see if issue goes away.

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th September 2022 at 10:33.
Old 13th September 2022, 12:02   #2607
BHPian

I just wanted to know if anyone felt the Lightning setup of Honda City is inadequate?
I feel the lower beam is very insufficient to drive when a vehicle from opposite direction is approaching us.
Please let me know if someone is having the same experience or if there is some problem with my unit.
Old 13th September 2022, 12:58   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird71 View Post
Yes I have been facing it for the last two months. The Service Advisor assured me that the issue would be fixed when I took the car for 1st year's service but I still hear it when I make U tuns. I have learned to live with it.
Old 13th September 2022, 22:58   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwar19 View Post
I just wanted to know if anyone felt the Lightning setup of Honda City is inadequate?
I feel the lower beam is very insufficient to drive when a vehicle from opposite direction is approaching us.
Please let me know if someone is having the same experience or if there is some problem with my unit.
In the last 17k kms and 12 months of driving my ZX CVT on good expressways, pitch black undivided 2 lane highways, heavy rains, fog and all possible conditions of visibility, here are my observations -

1. Pitch black roads - low beam is good but high beam throw isn't good enough
2. Fog - just ineffective, LED fog lamps are absolutely useless
3. For oncoming traffic I've never found any vehicle's lights effective (out of all the vehicles I've driven). I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be blinded and I just slow down as much as possible and get back to my normal speed when the oncoming high beam driver passes.

To sum it up, I don't think there's any problem with your unit, it's just the way it is.
Safe driving !
Yash390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 23:49   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
In the last 17k kms and 12 months of driving my ZX CVT on good expressways, pitch black undivided 2 lane highways, heavy rains, fog and all possible conditions of visibility, here are my observations -

1. Pitch black roads - low beam is good but high beam throw isn't good enough
2. Fog - just ineffective, LED fog lamps are absolutely useless
3. For oncoming traffic I've never found any vehicle's lights effective (out of all the vehicles I've driven). I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be blinded and I just slow down as much as possible and get back to my normal speed when the oncoming high beam driver passes.

To sum it up, I don't think there's any problem with your unit, it's just the way it is.
Safe driving !

Hi Yash 390, thanks for your reply.

I had also raised this same issue with the SA, he checked the unit and said that due to some new Government law, there is a limitation on the watts of the lighting setup.
He says that every car has to abide by this law and the rule of maximum wattage. But I have recently drove many new cars for a long run that are manufactured in 2022 and faced no issue of light throw, I even drove a Baleno that was bought 5 months back and was also satisfied with the Illumination.
Anyways, but I feel that driving with such low light it becomes very very very tough, though have got used to it.
But I would really appreciate for any suggestions or help in terms of increasing the light setup without making the after market setup visible.

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks