Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 02:18   #2671
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post
Question to the folks with ZX variant

Did you get anything done on the seats ?, I would like to keep the car long and would love to maintain the original look as much as possible. Anything that would keep the normal wear and tear to the minimum ?
Speaking from my experience of driving the ZX CVT for the past 14 months and 20k kms, I have noticed that the most used seats have lost their shine, i.e. driver's and passenger's seat. Will get a deep interior cleaning along with the 20k service first thing when I get back home. Also planning on buying some seat cleaning products after researching.

You should get your seats cleaned at a detailer periodically, or yourself use the interior care products. My old XUV500's driver's seat had a tear because of our driver bhaiya's belt so be careful when you wear such special articles of clothing which may damage the material. As for the ceramic coating you mentioned, I've never heard of such a thing being done on seats.

At times I think that maintaining beige is not easy, then I see XUV700 owners who live with white seats, my god, I can't picture myself living with such anxiety.
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 11:15   #2672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
ZX has seat airbags so i would not recommend any covers for the seats. The Honda dealers try to sell a cover which is airbag compatible but I am not too sure of how it impacts the airbags.

This is the first time I am hearing about ceramic coating for leather seats ...
Yesterday I dropped my car for ceramic coating and the owner did try to sell me some protective coating product for the leather interiors, I didn't pay attention because I was not interested. But this is a thing being marketed! I too was surprised though!

I do believe though that Leather seats if properly maintained should last quite some years, why keep the seats new for the second owner?!
Old 6th October 2022, 11:20   #2673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Update on squeaking sound
Finally got time to visit ASC today, had very swift response from GREEN HONDA warangal. I showed them video and problem was diagnosed within minutes. Sound was coming from plastic part near wipers, the plastic cover was rubbing against windshield. They removed it and applied 3M double tape and squeaking sound has vanished completely. Attached few pics, not able to upload video
I have noticed something similar, although it used to vanish when I would visit for service, do you think it can be a DIY thing? It's just a plastic flap so I am assuming it should be fairly simple.

Thanks,
Vikas
Old 6th October 2022, 13:21   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
Speaking from my experience of driving the ZX CVT for the past 14 months and 20k kms, I have noticed that the most used seats have lost their shine, i.e. driver's and passenger's seat. Will get a deep interior cleaning along with the 20k service first thing when I get back home. Also planning on buying some seat cleaning products after researching.

You should get your seats cleaned at a detailer periodically, or yourself use the interior care products. My old XUV500's driver's seat had a tear because of our driver bhaiya's belt so be careful when you wear such special articles of clothing which may damage the material. As for the ceramic coating you mentioned, I've never heard of such a thing being done on seats.

At times I think that maintaining beige is not easy, then I see XUV700 owners who live with white seats, my god, I can't picture myself living with such anxiety.
I'll end up getting seat covers if the interiors were white, It's gonna be nightmare maintaining those in Indian conditions.
Isn't dye transfer common with these ?

I tried looking for available products online, but could only find products from Formula 1 and Turtle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rwate View Post
Yesterday I dropped my car for ceramic coating and the owner did try to sell me some protective coating product for the leather interiors, I didn't pay attention because I was not interested. But this is a thing being marketed! I too was surprised though!

I do believe though that Leather seats if properly maintained should last quite some years, why keep the seats new for the second owner?!
Well the plan is to keep the car for long, With the EV wave spreading across I would love to keep an ICE around or turn it into a project car later down the road. So was wondering if there's anything I should be doing to keep the interiors look fresh as long as possible. (General Upkeep)

I first heard about ceramic coating the leather from my cousin in NA, and he got to know about this from a BMW community forum, wanted to get some inputs if anyone has got it done here in India and how it holds up with our weather.

It sounds like snake oil to me hence the query.

Last edited by ashish_sax : 6th October 2022 at 13:23.
ashish_sax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 18:29   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhvikas101 View Post
I have noticed something similar, although it used to vanish when I would visit for service, do you think it can be a DIY thing? It's just a plastic flap so I am assuming it should be fairly simple.

Thanks,
Vikas
Hi vivek, it can be done DIY if you have right tools and time, its not my cup of tea. First you have to open both wipers and disconnect wiper fluid pipe and then remove side flaps around plastic part. Then plastic top near windshield will come out and you can apply double tape. Other way around is you can try lifting plastic part a bit and sneak in double tape at multiple places so it should not rub windshield. Hope it helps.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 23:05   #2676
BHPian

Has anyone purchased/installed the RS kit? Or at least the rear spoiler and diffuser found on ehev model? Ever since ehev was introduced, I’ve been wanting to get the same rear look for my City ivtec but Honda service centres can’t procure them for non ehev vehicles. Apparently, those parts are imported and can only be ordered against ehev vehicles.
Old 7th October 2022, 15:35   #2677
BHPian

Can someone help me figure out the headlights? Right now, they're on the factory settings I got the car with. When I enter a basement or there's a cloudy day, the headlights switch on automatically.
Then, I use the knob to switch them off but the knob auto-returns to the "auto" position and the headlights don't go off.
Is there a way to turn off the auto headlight feature?
Old 7th October 2022, 16:28   #2678

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Can someone help me figure out the headlights?
So a workaround that you can follow is, switch it to On but DRL mode only, that will switch the headlights off but keep the DRL on.
singhvikas101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 00:20   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone help me figure out the headlights? Right now, they're on the factory settings I got the car with. When I enter a basement or there's a cloudy day, the headlights switch on automatically.
Then, I use the knob to switch them off but the knob auto-returns to the "auto" position and the headlights don't go off.
Is there a way to turn off the auto headlight feature?
I too find this very stupid. It should have been a 4 step stalk operation

1. All off
2. Auto
3. Only DRL
4. Headlights on

Instead, you have to twist the stalk to off everytime you have to turn all lights off. They will stay off after this but will return to the auto position regardless. When you turn the car on the next time, it automatically reverts to Auto. Hence I keep my DRL on during the daytime and headlights on only when needed. Now almost all cars have this auto headlight feature. I find it very weird when I see them with their headlights on during the daytime too. In my opinion, auto headlights and auto wipers are the most useless features to ever exist in a car, no two ways about it.
Yash390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 01:07   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
In my opinion, auto headlights and auto wipers are the most useless features to ever exist in a car, no two ways about it.
I beg to differ. Auto headlights are super handy while entering parking lots, tunnels etc. I miss having auto wipers in the City but in those cars that have them, they’re a breeze to use. Definitely not useless features by any measure and they are going to become the norm in a few years with every single car having them by default.
shibulijack is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 09:50   #2681
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
I beg to differ. Auto headlights are super handy while entering parking lots, tunnels etc. I miss having auto wipers in the City but in those cars that have them, they’re a breeze to use. Definitely not useless features by any measure and they are going to become the norm in a few years with every single car having them by default.
I fully agree with you. I own a 4th gen Honda City SV MT i-vtec with no auto stuffs and a 2020 Skoda Rapid TSI Monte Carlo with all auto stuffs. The auto headlamps are a boon to use as you don't need to worry about the headlights anymore. Like when you enter a sort of 'dark' parking area or under a metro station, the lights immediately turns on which is very useful. Also auto wipers helps us to concentrate more on the road rather than adjusting the speed of wipers every now and then. Especially useful in case of very light drains, where the intermittent speed itself seems 'very fast'.

These are definitely not deal breakers, but good to have features. But once you start using these, you don't wish to go back to the old ways. The best auto feature in my books are the auto up/down for all windows. It's very much useful to prevent the 'almost there, but not fully closed' windows.

Last edited by pavi : 8th October 2022 at 09:51.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 12:18   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I fully agree with you. I own a 4th gen Honda City SV MT i-vtec with no auto stuffs and a 2020 Skoda Rapid TSI Monte Carlo with all auto stuffs. The auto headlamps are a boon to use as you don't need to worry about the headlights anymore. Like when you enter a sort of 'dark' parking area or under a metro station, the lights immediately turns on which is very useful. Also auto wipers helps us to concentrate more on the road rather than adjusting the speed of wipers every now and then. Especially useful in case of very light drains, where the intermittent speed itself seems 'very fast'.

These are definitely not deal breakers, but good to have features. But once you start using these, you don't wish to go back to the old ways. The best auto feature in my books are the auto up/down for all windows. It's very much useful to prevent the 'almost there, but not fully closed' windows.
You are right Pavi, I have forgotten using headlight switch as its in auto mode always. Door autolock when you walk away is also best thing as you just have to carry key fob and no need to press any buttons. Auto wipers will be really useful as you have adjust wiper speed everytime in rain and it really annoys sometimes. Once we use these features there is no going back.

I face a specific problem with auto headlights. The reverse camera brightness is somehow connected to auto headlights, when headlights switch on brightness of reverse camera decreases. I usually reverse my car when taking out of apartment parking. When i reach apartment gate my headlights will be on and I really cant see anything properly in my reverse cam as it’s dim. When car almost enters half of the road on front of the gate brightness comes back to normal.

Any one has similar problems or is it just me facing this specific issue I don’t know.
Old 8th October 2022, 17:10   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhvikas101 View Post
So a workaround that you can follow is, switch it to On but DRL mode only, that will switch the headlights off but keep the DRL on.
Thanks!
Can you help me understand where to find this setting in the menu?
Old 8th October 2022, 23:00   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
You are right Pavi, I have forgotten using headlight switch as its in auto mode always. Door autolock when you walk away is also best thing as you just have to carry key fob and no need to press any buttons. Auto wipers will be really useful as you have adjust wiper speed everytime in rain and it really annoys sometimes. Once we use these features there is no going back.

I face a specific problem with auto headlights. The reverse camera brightness is somehow connected to auto headlights, when headlights switch on brightness of reverse camera decreases. I usually reverse my car when taking out of apartment parking. When i reach apartment gate my headlights will be on and I really cant see anything properly in my reverse cam as it’s dim. When car almost enters half of the road on front of the gate brightness comes back to normal.

Any one has similar problems or is it just me facing this specific issue I don’t know.
Have the same issue where if I am backing up the car and it's sunny out but the car takes it's sweet time to switch to day mode resulting in me not able to see anything on the camera for those crucial seconds. Nowadays I just switch off the lights manually using the stalk and holding on Off for a few seconds and then reverse forcing it on Day mode.

I tried looking online for any VCDS like tweak software but came up empty handed, My biggest gripes currently are :

Auto headlamp sensitivity (esp. in covered parkings) - It should be a little less sensitive if the clock is > 6 AM but less than 6PM.

Complete power down with one click - I hate this, On my other non-keyless car I can keep the key in ACC and listen to the sweet music till I collect / organize my stuff and then turn it off, or if I am waiting at a long stop light / railway crossing. On City Manual it just powers off the entire thing and there is no option to stop just the engine except stalling the car.

Infotainment Disclaimer - It's like those pesky good for nothing disclaimers at the bottom of work / corporate emails. I doubt they are of any use (https://www.filevine.com/blog/about-...l-disclaimers/).
On my city it comes up every time I start my car and wouldn't go away until I hit the agree button, This makes no sense to me. If I am already paying 50% to govt taxes go ahead and get another 1000 bucks from me for a stamp paper to waive your legal liability with infotainment system usage and be done with it and leave me in peace.

80kmph beep - I understand the 120kmph beeps but a lot of highways have 80kmph speed limits (Some even more than that), so this doesn't make any sense to me. It's more of a general problem rather than City / Honda specific.
ashish_sax is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 14:32   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
Can you help me understand where to find this setting in the menu?
Just the DRL can be switched on by moving the stalk to the position shown by the red arrows (excuse the blurry user manual PDF). It is also mentioned in the encircled text, hope this helps.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-screenshot_202210091429162.jpg
Yash390 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks