Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 12:12   #2791
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
Anything i should be specially careful about given the new vehicle is 4.5+ mts and a long slung sedan ?
Congratulations on buying such a beautiful car !
You'll get used to the dimensions a couple days into your ownership but the one thing you'll have to be careful of is the front skirt/lip. I've scraped it many times on high incline basement parkings so approaching those at a slight angle can help. Same with big potholes, the ground clearance is sufficient for most cases but you'll have to take care of the front skirt. I don't expect it to have SUV levels of approach angle but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Hello,
I am facing some low grade vibrations in steering wheel since last few days, i feel them when i hold steering wheel lightly and car is doing some 20-30 kmph, there is no change in vibrations when car runs on uneven roads and no pulling to one side.
Any advice or anyone facing similar issues?
Hi Doc, when was the last time you got wheel balancing done ? Balancing and alignment should be the first suspect for such problems and if those don't solve the problem, the ASC has to inspect the suspension components and the rack.
Yash390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 12:50   #2792
BHPian

Started the car after a week gap. Engine was misfiring & several alarms came up on the panel - Malfunction indicator, EPS, VSA and low tyre pressure warning! Vehicle was taken on the RSA flatbed to Honda service center. Looks like rodents have bitten some of the cables. Per the SA recommendation, insurance claim has been submitted for cable replacement. Awaiting survey.
In the meanwhile, the RSA screwed up and damaged the rear bumper while unloading .
knockout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 17:28   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash390 View Post
Hi Doc, when was the last time you got wheel balancing done ? Balancing and alignment should be the first suspect for such problems and if those don't solve the problem, the ASC has to inspect the suspension components and the rack.
Thank you Yash, had a second visit to service centre today and they appreciated vibrations and they are suspecting front right suspension problem. Agreed to change it under warranty, hopefully problem resolves.
Neurodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 19:59   #2794
BHPian

Hello fellow team-bhpians,

My Dad owns Honda City from 2013 and is now planning to upgrade again to 5th gen Honda City.

While we took test drive of Slavia and Creta, he is still too attached to Honda City because of familiarity and comfort with the car (He is 68 already so don’t want to change familiarity part which I understand).

He did get excited about Creta after test drive but 6 months waiting killed the deal.

We are keen on Honda City ZX (automatic). He earlier had manual one. We are mostly planning to book tomorrow. We have got a quote of around 17.5L (including zero dep insurance). Anything we should be aware about before going ahead with this booking? The sales guy have confirmed about the basic kit but also wondering if getting the utility kit is worth?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th November 2022 at 00:36. Reason: Typos
bornnerd is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th November 2022, 18:41   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Hello fellow team-bhpians,

My Dad owns Honda City from 2013 and is now planning to upgrade again to 5th gen Honda City.

While we took test drive of Slavia and Creta, he is still too attached to Honda City because of familiarity and comfort with the car (He is 68 already so don’t want to change familiarity part which I understand).

He did get excited about Creta after test drive but 6 months waiting killed the deal.

We are keen on Honda City ZX (automatic). He earlier had manual one. We are mostly planning to book tomorrow. We have got a quote of around 17.5L (including zero dep insurance). Anything we should be aware about before going ahead with this booking? The sales guy have confirmed about the basic kit but also wondering if getting the utility kit is worth?
If I may ask, which dealer is this in Mumbai ? I personally had a very smooth experience with Solitaire Honda. My ZX MT in May 2022 was billed at approx 16 L including the basic kit and zero dep insurance. So, 17.5 for ZX AT seems reasonable. Negotiate on the utility/basic kit and insurance amount , that could help knock off a few thousand bucks from the OTR.

Regards
Diesel
Old 27th November 2022, 10:45   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
If I may ask, which dealer is this in Mumbai ? I personally had a very smooth experience with Solitaire Honda. My ZX MT in May 2022 was billed at approx 16 L including the basic kit and zero dep insurance. So, 17.5 for ZX AT seems reasonable. Negotiate on the utility/basic kit and insurance amount , that could help knock off a few thousand bucks from the OTR.

Regards
Diesel
Yes, We are also booking via Solitaire Honda itself as we had very good experience with them earlier too. You are right. We were able to knock off another 12k from the final OTR price. But since we selected white colour, another 7k got added to the bill.

Overall very happy with the deal and looking forward to the delivery soon.
Old 28th November 2022, 14:10   #2797
BHPian

Update on steering vibrations in honda city

As fellow BHPian Yash390 mentioned i got wheel balancing and alignment done. Left front wheel was completely out of balance and some minor misalignment in right front wheel. Vibrations reduced some 90% now but Honda SA still advising me to change shocks in warranty as he suspects it is shocks issue. I don’t have anything to loose as its free of cost but i am still worried why to change shocks when i feel problem has resolved almost and it will be a permanent mark in cars record.
Old 28th November 2022, 14:20   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
Update on steering vibrations in honda city

As fellow BHPian Yash390 mentioned i got wheel balancing and alignment done. Left front wheel was completely out of balance and some minor misalignment in right front wheel. Vibrations reduced some 90% now but Honda SA still advising me to change shocks in warranty as he suspects it is shocks issue. I don’t have anything to loose as its free of cost but i am still worried why to change shocks when i feel problem has resolved almost and it will be a permanent mark in cars record.
The replacement will indicate a clean service record, don't pass up on it. Vibrations will damage the mechanicals down the line and it'll be categorised as wear and tear, so more out of pocket expenses for you.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 00:46   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiranraj Govind View Post

2. I am also opting for Loan for 50% - The dealership mentioned that they have a tie-up with SBI and the current ROI is 8.4% - Any suggestions if this is negotiable considering I am at the higher end of the CIBIL score? Are there any specific things I need to watch out for when taking loans?

Any other suggestions are also welcome!
I think you should be able to negotiate a good deal with the CIBIL score in the range of 800. Since, I work at a Bank, you can DM me separately and I will explore what best RoI can be offered to you. BTW, congratulations on the decision of buying Honda. It will serve you well.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 07:32   #2800
BHPian

Want to upgrade stock tyres to R16 195/55. Is there a recommended tyre shop in Bangalore (preferably in & around Kanakapura road) where i can exchange the stock tyres for Conti U6 195 ? I enquired at 2 tyre shops yesterday and neither of them offer an exchange / buyback.
Thank in advance.
Old 29th November 2022, 09:55   #2801
BHPian

Tyre Professionals, Kanakapura Rd, Basavanagudi is where I got my City tyres changed to UC6 10 days ago. Mine was a new car with only 150 odd kms on the odometer and they bought back the stock Bridgestones. Not at a great price though.

This shop is from the same people that run Madhus near Lalbagh.
Old 29th November 2022, 12:03   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Yes, We are also booking via Solitaire Honda itself as we had very good experience with them earlier too. You are right. We were able to knock off another 12k from the final OTR price. But since we selected white colour, another 7k got added to the bill.

Overall very happy with the deal and looking forward to the delivery soon.
Congratulations on your new ride. Post some pictures for all of us to enjoy here

Regards
Diesel.
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 14:28   #2803
BHPian

Guys any help with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanskumar View Post
Folks, I got a new honda city zxc vt grey in August this year. I haven't done any upgrades/changes at all so far. I wanted clarity on a couple of things

- The driver rammed the car into a pillar while turning into the parking. The rear door has a small dent + colours come off. Friends are suggesting getting it redone immediately as the first-year insurance has zero dip etc. Does it make sense? The dent is relatively small and doesn't bother me. But now this statement is stuck in my head. Should I get it done?

- There's a small dent/chip on the bonnet of the car as well. I think this happened while driving on the highway and a small pebble scraped through. I was surprised that the quality is so bad. How can I get this done? With above?

- Do I need underbody coating? Ceramic coating?

- The current horn is useless. Can I upgrade the horn to a hella trumpet as mentioned by others here? Can someone suggest a workshop for this in HYD?

- One of the vipers makes some noise in use. Can this be replaced for free for now?
Old 2nd December 2022, 14:54   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Does it make sense ? The dent is relatively small and doesn't bother me. But now this statement is stuck in my head. Should I get it done ?
If the dent is stuck in your head then that means it is definitely bothering you
If you don't mind your NCB getting affected, proceed with insurance, otherwise paying out of pocket is the only other option.

Quote:
There's a small dent/chip on the bonnet of the car as well. I think this happened while driving on the highway and a small pebble scraped through. I was surprised that the quality is so bad. How can I get this done? With above?
You will get a lot of stone chips driving on highways. I have learnt to live with it now. If you want protection, call up or visit some detailers and get quotes for PPF on scratch prone areas.

Quote:
Do I need underbody coating? Ceramic coating?
Underbody coating is effective in improving NVH by a small margin so it depends on your requirements. If you also want to get rid of the unpleasant looking wheel arches (as the car has no wheel well cladding), get it done.
Ceramic coating will give a good shine to the car and make it easier to clean. Better to consult with detailers for more technical knowledge.

Quote:
The current horn is useless. Can I upgrade the horn to a hella trumpet as mentioned by others here? Can someone suggest a workshop for this in HYD?
Agreed, absolutely useless. Hella trumpet has a good sound and even I'm planning on getting it installed soon. A horn is the easiest thing any car accessory shop can do, anyone will do it for you.

Quote:
One of the vipers makes some noise in use. Can this be replaced for free for now?
Yes absolutely, you should get it replaced under warranty.
Old 2nd December 2022, 15:23   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys any help with this?
The zero depreciation on insurance can be extended, but you will lose ncb once you make the claim. The car is brand new, it hurts, but the fact is you will rack up dents and scratches along the way. Do this kind of repair only if there is a reason - a family function or if you're selling it.

The wiper noise can be removed with wd40, we've done it with our April 22 City, no issues in heavy kerala rains.

No inputs from my side about coating and under body spray, I've done anti-rust coating on my sonet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks