Old 18th February 2020, 20:44   #271
BHPian

re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

2020 Honda City made its world debut in Thailand and here is review video:

Shamegz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 13:36   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India will take the wraps off the fifth-gen City sedan on March 16, 2020. and bookings are also expected to officially commence on the same day as the unveil.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-20200224125718_city_grey1zx.jpg

Quote:
The car’s interior will see tweaks such as dual-tone shades and faux-brushed aluminum trim to make the car look more premium. A lighter shade will be used for the seats, at least on the higher variants. The top-spec City ZX for our market will come with a sunroof, 16-inch alloy wheels and full-LED headlamps as standard.

Under the hood, Honda's fifth-gen midsize sedan will get a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre diesel and petrol engines. The 1.5-litre petrol unit is expected to come with the latest mild-hybrid tech that seen on the recently revealed new Jazz.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th February 2020 at 13:38.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:31   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Cars India will take the wraps off the fifth-gen City sedan on March 16, 2020. and bookings are also expected to officially commence on the same day as the unveil.
I hope they break away from the current trend and unveil the prices on the same day as well; or maybe it is too much to ask for.
Old 24th February 2020, 21:43   #274
BHPian

My first car was a Honda City VTEC. I wish they held true to their performance heritage, but the car is looking more and more economy these days!

So much chrome and such a high stance. At least the engine is likely to be bulletproof.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 24th February 2020 at 21:47. Reason: Typo.
Old 24th February 2020, 23:21   #275
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the same engine and similar feature set as the Current City. Does anyone know what 'new' can we expect in the 'all new' City? Yes, the new one has grown bigger and looks to put on some flab, but other than that, is there anything new to look forward to. It is the same 1.5L engine which has been there for the last 10+ years

When Honda loyalists like myself have given up on Honda India, I don't see it going anywhere. City is the bread and butter for Honda India and if they mess it up, they are going to pack up sooner than later.
Old 27th February 2020, 10:44   #276
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! 5th-gen Honda City caught on video

Thanks to Sahil Khanna for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

The fifth generation Honda City has been caught on video. The car was spotted on the Mumbai-Pune expressway. The test mule appears to have an emissions testing rig mounted at the rear.

The India-spec Honda City will be unveiled on March 16, 2020. The new model features a redesigned front fascia with a large chrome insert on the grille and LED headlights. It has a coupe-like roofline and wraparound tail lights. On the inside, the car gets a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel, twin-dial instrument cluster and an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit.

In India, the new City is likely to get a 1.5-litre, naturally aspirated petrol engine paired with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or a continuously variable transmission (CVT).

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 12:18   #277
BHPian

I am looking forward to this launch. I want to replace my 15 year old Honda City GXi (2004 model). What is the expected price range for the 2020 Honda City? Thanks!
Old 27th February 2020, 12:54   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
I am looking forward to this launch. I want to replace my 15 year old Honda City GXi (2004 model). What is the expected price range for the 2020 Honda City? Thanks!
I am expecting a premium of at least 1-1.25 lac variant wise. Personally I am only interested in this if they launch the rumoured diesel Automatic at an acceptable price.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 14:56   #279
BHPian

I hope Honda provides 3 pointed seat belt for the centre passenger as well. Tired of looking at the ugly, functionless and antiquated lap belts. If they do bring the 3 pointed seat belts for all occupants, I will definitely be one of the first to queue up for a booking.
Old 28th February 2020, 14:22   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Honda City BS6 Spied During Emission Test by ARAI in Pune,

Quote:
Various reports state the petrol engine would feature mild-hybrid technology as in the latest Honda Jazz hatchback avatar that made its global debut recently.
The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2020hondacityspiedaraitesting7.jpg

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2020hondacityspiedaraitesting10.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th February 2020 at 14:24.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 14:37   #281
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to see one up close. It was in for a filming/ad day around my club area. Saw 2 flat beds in the drive and was wondering why. Then it struck me that might be a new launch.
Saw one from the back and it looks really nice. The wheels are like the current gen ones but feel a size too small. The overall silhouette is quite like the current gen car and that is a good thing, IMHO. Size wise it looks quite similar, but I felt it was a tiny bit smaller. Tail lamps have LED elements and look sporty. Sorry could not take any pics, also the tint was rather dark so could not peek in too.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 28th February 2020 at 14:38.
hiren.mistry is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 16:07   #282
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Insider details on the 2020 Honda City for India

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

New insider details on the 2020 Honda City have emerged.

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-2020hondacityofficial4.jpg

The new City is expected to be offered in three variants. Some of the features offered on the car include traction control, VSA, TPMS, 4 airbags, 5 headrests and 3-point seat belts, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit, cruise control and Alexa enabled telematics which will be standard across the range.

The City is expected to be powered by a 1.5-litre DOHC VTEC petrol engine with VTC (Variable Timing Control). It is said to be an all-new engine with a different bore and stroke than the present i-VTEC engine. The engine reportedly has good low-end performance. NVH and handling are also said to be improved.

It has also said that the new City feels big and spacious and has an improved interior and better quality seats.

The car is being benchmarked against the Hyundai Verna and Toyota Corolla. It could be launched sometime in Q2 2020 and training is expected to begin soon.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 17:33   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
[b]

The car is being benchmarked against the Hyundai Verna and Toyota Corolla. It could be launched sometime in Q2 2020 and training is expected to begin soon.
The fact that it's being benchmarked against the Corolla gives an idea of the kind of pricing we can expect. Probably going to be closer to the D segment sedans. If priced so high, it'll be interesting to see how many are willing to spend more and get a Civic or Octavia instead.
Old 4th March 2020, 17:56   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
The fact that it's being benchmarked against the Corolla gives an idea of the kind of pricing we can expect. Probably going to be closer to the D segment sedans. If priced so high, it'll be interesting to see how many are willing to spend more and get a Civic or Octavia instead.
My intuition is that its a typo and they actually meant Toyota Yaris. Corolla being a discontinued model from a different segment, it makes no sense to benchmark against the city.
Old 4th March 2020, 21:39   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
My intuition is that its a typo and they actually meant Toyota Yaris. Corolla being a discontinued model from a different segment, it makes no sense to benchmark against the city.

If they actually mean Corolla, then it should be compared with Elantra and not Verna so it probably it is a typo only. But the city top model is almost breaching the next segment already. My 2013 city auto feels like such a great purchase when I got it for 10l OTR which is now almost 13.5-14l.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed